Advertising

The stupidity of people relating to Brady's jersey

Postby David Gee on Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:31 pm

So the FBI has apparently located Tom Brady's missing jersey and the comment boards are full of incredibly stupid people wondering why the FBI "devoted" itself to finding the jersey as opposed to counter-terrorism, government corruption, finding missing children, etc.

Seriously, about a 1/3 of the commenters actually seem to believe that there are something like 25 people in the FBI and that they dropped everything to find Brady's jersey. It's not even beginning to occur to so many folks that maybe, just maybe there are different divisions of the FBI and that there might be one that specifically investigates the theft and transport of valuable stolen goods. For goodness sake, if you've seen Point Break you'd know right off the bat that there's a Bank Robbery Division. It's so funny and sad at the same time to read what people actually formulate in their heads and then post.

By the way, anyone else imagining Johnny Utah recovering the jersey?

Re: The stupidity of people relating to Brady's jersey

Postby Don Gorgon on Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:44 pm

it was valued at $500,000...

Postby David Gee on Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:46 pm

Don Gorgon wrote:it was valued at $500,000...

Yep, and as silly as that may sound, It's just like the theft of artwork worth $ 500,000, or jewelry worth $ 500,000, or a bank robbery where $ 500,000 is stolen. Crime is crime.

Postby Don Gorgon on Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:53 pm

yea I thought it was interesting, wondered if the person that did it understood the deep **** they were getting themselves into. Artwork is a good comparison, in order to make anything from it you have to have a buyer that wants it but can't let it be known they have it. That is the odd thing about art thefts, they go to a collector that all they want is to have them locked away for themselves. If you think about it that is pretty sick really, isn't the very act of appreciating something the sharing of it with others?

Postby David Gee on Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:59 pm

Absolutely, you go over to anyone's house and they have sports memorabilia, it's right out there in the open for all to see. Risking one's freedom to have something they're going to have hidden from everybody and which to that particular person might well also ultimately have no monetary value? Even dumber than the people who think the FBI is staffed in similar fashion to your local In-N-Out Burger.

Postby Don Gorgon on Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:08 pm

and is it because its Brady? I mean a couple years ago someone broke in to Yogi Berra's museum and stole some of his memorabilia. Damn right put the FBI on it, bastards should be taken out back and shot, what is the point of crap like that

Priceless items have been stolen from the Yogi Berra Museum — which houses the Hall of Famer’s World Series rings — and the Yankee legend is devastated over the heist, sources told The Post.

Authorities believe the “professional” burglars broke in early Wednesday through a minor-league stadium attached to the museum at Montclair State University’s campus in New Jersey.

The Yogi Berra Museum and Learning Center had on display some of his most prized possessions, including MVP trophies and the uniform and mitt used while catching Don Larsen’s perfect game in the 1956 World Series.

Postby openup58 on Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:45 pm

I think there are too many zero's in that figure, my estimate is $5.00, since he is the most hated player in the NFL, surpassing our favorite Ass-hat Kaperpunk

Postby Don Gorgon on Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:56 pm

I guess a standard game worn Brady jersey goes for $5,000, that is what that estimate was based on by the auction company

Postby calabcoug on Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:12 pm

David Gee wrote:Absolutely, you go over to anyone's house and they have sports memorabilia, it's right out there in the open for all to see. Risking one's freedom to have something they're going to have hidden from everybody and which to that particular person might well also ultimately have no monetary value? Even dumber than the people who think the FBI is staffed in similar fashion to your local In-N-Out Burger.

The logical disconnect of taking something that you could never show or tell anyone about is the part of it that I find mystifying. It isn't even like a rare painting which I suppose could be viewed in a hidden room and one would still glean some of it's meaning. But a sports jersey? Seems like the only thing they are good for is public conversation.

Weird move to just grab it. Unless it is some really creepy Brady fetish...which is just an 'ewww' anyway...why steal something you cannot show to anyone?

Postby Don Gorgon on Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:21 pm

did you see the story, it was a media guy from Mexico, and he had some other things as well, he was actually caught. I thought maybe it was just turned in anonymously

Next

Return to Seahawks