Advertising

Re: Richard Sherman

Postby kc26 on Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:08 am

They are not accommodating Sherman. That's ridiculous.

How anyone can read what has been posted in the last 24 hours and come to that conclusion is mind boggling. While there is nothing that has been posted that proves they are just accommodating RS, it certainly looks like that is VERY possible. At the very least it certainly is not ridiculous. It sounds like you just do not want to be wrong ........... again.

Postby TheProfessional on Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:20 am

kc26 wrote:

How anyone can read what has been posted in the last 24 hours and come to that conclusion is mind boggling. While there is nothing that has been posted that proves they are just accommodating RS, it certainly looks like that is VERY possible. At the very least it certainly is not ridiculous. It sounds like you just do not want to be wrong ........... again.

To single out a statement as innocuous as this shows your real intentions. First how was I wrong? If they are accommodating him why make it public? Why not deny it? Why did the Hawks initiate trade talks if they were accomodating him? That doesn't pass the smell test.

Postby kc26 on Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:30 am

TheProfessional wrote:
kc26 wrote:

To single out a statement as innocuous as this shows your real intentions. First how was I wrong? If they are accommodating him why make it public? Why not deny it? Why did the Hawks initiate trade talks if they were accomodating him? That doesn't pass the smell test.

To answer your "first off", I didn't say you were wrong. I said .......... "It sounds like you just do not want to be wrong ........... again." as in .......... that "could" turn out to be the case.

The rest of your post makes no sense.
Why did the Hawks initiate trade talks if they were accomodating him?

Huh???? How else would you accommodate someone who asked to be traded other than initiating trade talks?

Postby TheProfessional on Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:37 am

kc26 wrote:
To answer your "first off", I didn't say you were wrong. I said .......... "It sounds like you just do not want to be wrong ........... again." as in .......... that "could" turn out to be the case.

The rest of your post makes no sense.
Why did the Hawks initiate trade talks if they were accomodating him?

Huh???? How else would you accommodate someone who asked to be traded other than initiating trade talks?

If they were trying to accommodate him. Wouldn't they just sit back and field phone calls . You think they would call other teams trying to find a trade? Just for Sherman? You really believe this? To me this validates no one is matching their trade demands. Notice Schneider said "Right now"

Postby kc26 on Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:41 am

If they were trying to accommodate him. Wouldn't they just sit back and field phone calls . You think they would call other teams trying to find a trade? Just for Sherman? You really believe this? To me this validates no one is matching their trade demands. Notice Schneider said "Right now"

You would call that accommodating????? I would call that doing nothing.

Postby D-Trains on Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:58 am

I think RS came to them and expressed his feelings (not some heat of the moment deal) that perhaps it was best for both parties that they part ways. The Hawks thought well we aren't going to give you away but if it makes sense we will try to make it happen.

Then internally they considered the benefits of getting younger and the freed up cap space and and appeasing a guy that was a huge part of their success and came up with a price that would make sense for them and that other teams might consider to be fair and put it out there and they are still waiting for some team to meet that price.

Pretty simple when you think about it.

dt

Postby kc26 on Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:01 am

D-Trains wrote:I think RS came to them and expressed his feelings (not some heat of the moment deal) that perhaps it was best for both parties that they part ways. The Hawks thought well we aren't going to give you away but if it makes sense we will try to make it happen.

Then internally they considered the benefits of getting younger and the freed up cap space and and appeasing a guy that was a huge part of their success and came up with a price that would make sense for them and that other teams might consider to be fair and put it out there and they are still waiting for some team to meet that price.

Pretty simple when you think about it.

dt

Sounds about right to me.

Postby calabcoug on Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:07 am

TheProfessional wrote:
calabcoug wrote:They are accommodating Sherman...that's why. “Right now, I don’t think the odds are very good,
Schneider echoed Sherman’s comments from earlier this month indicating there was no bad blood between the two sides with the trade dialogue continuing.

“We just have a great relationship,’’ Schneider said, nothing he talked to Sherman on Thursday. “We have constant communication.’’

March 28 to April 20--- no change in JS's message. Same thing Pete and sherman said 3 weeks ago too. Just a boat load of speculation by pundits-- Miami, NE, Oakland, -- OOO ahhh... the ask is this, no now it's reduced, no now it's back--- yet the unusually "transparent" Hawks have confirmed nothing except that everyone involved knows...the trade talk is mutual, communication is clear and there is no bad blood... but somehow...that message is just ignored.

If they get offered the moon and the stars...if they can hoodwink someone...sure. As I have been saying, JS has played this perfectly...taken full advantage of the ability to float a name while not pissing off the name.

Mike Freeman of Bleacher Report recently reported six team executives said Seattle was simply doing its due diligence when it came to Sherman rumors, although one NFC general manager added, "The Seahawks are showing a guy who thinks he's the boss who is really the boss."

Nah, you are just clinging to a confirmation bias. Of course they are. He came to them and they agreed to take a look see. It's due diligence, as Freeman put it, nothing more. They can't afford to just deal him for a single pick, that just necessitates drafting two DB's and the probable starting of rookies at corner. Way too problematic for a team with designs on the SB. JS got a get out of jail free card w/ the request.

If they were motivated to move him the language would be different. If Sherman, ever the shoot from the hip pop off, were ultra motivated to go he would seem to be the type to say so.

Postby auroraave on Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:31 am

Amazing, 57 pages of this - and yet no explanation as to the WHY he'd want to go. It's the information age - everything is tweeted, blogged, posted, shoved out into the ether for immediate consumption and reaction, yet no one seems to know why he wants to leave. The single biggest factor goes unexplained - in an age where everything is known or speculated on. The biggest part of the story is missing. If it's money - why isn't anyone in the 'media' talking about that? There is always a motivation behind an action like this - that is the story. If it's as simple as money or a new deal why wouldn't all the 'experts' be positing that theory? That's all they do is fan the flames, yet somehow they have nothing on this. None of this is consistent with how these scenarios usually play out.

Postby D-Trains on Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:36 am

auroraave wrote:Amazing, 57 pages of this - and yet no explanation as to the WHY he'd want to go. It's the information age - everything is tweeted, blogged, posted, shoved out into the ether for immediate consumption and reaction, yet no one seems to know why he wants to leave. The single biggest factor goes unexplained - in an age where everything is known or speculated on. The biggest part of the story is missing. If it's money - why isn't anyone in the 'media' talking about that? There is always a motivation behind an action like this - that is the story. If it's as simple as money or a new deal why wouldn't all the 'experts' be positing that theory? That's all they do is fan the flames, yet somehow they have nothing on this. None of this is consistent with how these scenarios usually play out.

Did you not see this?

Asked about a report that Sherman had requested a trade, Schneider portrayed it as more of a mutual decision while not denying that Sherman might he happy to move on.

“It’s not like someone comes bashing through the door like you would see in a football movie,’’ Schneider said. “It’s not like that. It just doesn’t work that way.

“We have a dialogue with guys all the time. I think he would admit he had a rough year, so he is looking for maybe a new spark.

PreviousNext

Return to Seahawks