Advertising

Re: OT - Aaron Hernandez Checks Out

Postby D-Trains on Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:18 pm

Don Gorgon wrote:
There were also "three hand-written notes next to a bible" in Hernandez' cell.

I was working under the assumption there hadn't been anything left, I feel that makes a difference assuming there is something there. I think if you're going to kill yourself you do owe some sort of explanation to your loved ones. Whatever he was he did have a wife and daughter.

You are going to being spending the rest of your life in prison. I would think the explanation is obvious but you should at least write some good bye notes. btw I can not imagine hanging myself even if I wanted to die.

dt

Postby Don Gorgon on Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:34 pm

I look at in a very general way at suicide inherently as a selfish act. Not knowing Mr. Hernandez but one would suspect he probably had a pretty immature self-absorbed view of the world and his place in it. If he did manage at that point in the downward spiral to be able to look beyond himself and try and explain something to the people he had hurt I would give him some credit for the effort...But who knows what's in it, maybe he is blaming them, there is that sort of note too, that goes along the lines of a revenge suicide

Postby Don Gorgon on Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:02 pm

how about this for an angle...Seems his death will vacate his murder conviction since it was under appeal. And that could mean his family could have grounds to go after money owed to him from the Pats, though I wonder then if the family of his victim could sue for it...lots of interesting stuff, where would we be without the internet?

http://patriotswire.usatoday.com/2017/0 ... -murderer/

Postby lefty82 on Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:35 am

D-Trains wrote:
lefty82 wrote:
maoling wrote:Found hanged in his cell early just after 3 am. What a dismal end for someone who once had it all.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/ex- ... spartanntp

Most do not realize that death does not end things. You're just going to go somewhere else. For those people, that's the real scary thing...........

Guessing he wasn't a big believer in Heaven or Hell.

Might be. But then, it's Who you're putting your trust in when you're checking out.
Lefty
dt

Postby kc26 on Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:57 am

Don Gorgon wrote:I look at in a very general way at suicide inherently as a selfish act. Not knowing Mr. Hernandez but one would suspect he probably had a pretty immature self-absorbed view of the world and his place in it. If he did manage at that point in the downward spiral to be able to look beyond himself and try and explain something to the people he had hurt I would give him some credit for the effort...But who knows what's in it, maybe he is blaming them, there is that sort of note too, that goes along the lines of a revenge suicide

If you try to look into the mind of someone who has committed murder, you have to assume that they were in a position where they thought someone deserved to die. It seems totally reasonable that someone who could get to that point could also get to a point where they felt they deserved to die and thus commit suicide.

Postby D-Trains on Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:52 am

He probably just decided the death penalty was preferable to life in prison.

dt

Postby kc26 on Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:01 am

D-Trains wrote:He probably just decided the death penalty was preferable to life in prison.

dt

Possibly, but I had heard reports where his new council (the same attorney who got Casey Anthony off) was also going to appeal the first conviction. Several attorneys commented that despite the fact that they believed him to be guilty, they would not have been surprised to see his new attorney win an appeal. Even if he considered death preferable to life in prison, you would think he would have waited until after an appeal.

Postby D-Trains on Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:05 am

kc26 wrote:
D-Trains wrote:He probably just decided the death penalty was preferable to life in prison.

dt

Possibly, but I had heard reports where his new council (the same attorney who got Casey Anthony off) was also going to appeal the first conviction. Several attorneys commented that despite the fact that they believed him to be guilty, they would not have been surprised to see his new attorney win an appeal. Even if he considered death preferable to life in prison, you would think he would have waited until after an appeal.

True. That is odd.

dt

Postby Don Gorgon on Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:56 pm

Its already under appeal, I just pointed that out, don't you guys read my posts? That he died with his case under appeal will mean he is not a convicted killer, the conviction will be vacated, taken off the books. And I also pointed out that there seems a chance his family could then receive some of the money due him from the Patriots, they could sue for it, if nothing else his suicide could take care of his family financially.

Yea that is what I meant in the first place is how odd it seemed, not only is his case under appeal but hello, he just won a murder case. So days after winning a case he decides he can't go on with the other case?...that doesn't make sense to me

Postby Don Gorgon on Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:37 pm

I haven't read a lot of stuff about this, and this seems on the edge of being trashy but it is interesting, there seems an angle to it that Hernandez was gay. Feeling he had been ridiculed might have been the motive for the killing

http://www.newsweek.com/aaron-hernandez ... yptr=yahoo

PreviousNext

Return to Seahawks