Advertising

Re: McDowell may miss the season!

Postby Michael K 2 on Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:30 am

auroraave wrote:
Of course by moving back they picked him and he isn't going to play. So they lost a pick and gained a pick but instead of getting an actual 1st round pick they got and extra second round pick so it is a net negative imo.

dt


If they didn't move back, they would've picked him in the first round, (they claim he was their target all along) not the acquired extra picks, and he would still be injured (unless the butterfly effect of that changes the whole ATV scenario and it never happens :P ). Either way he doesn't play. This way Seattle has someone who potentially can - that extra pick. May be a small thing, but it could be important.


I still don't buy it. Foster had to be the pick. Instead, in three years he will be looking to make his second Pro Bowl for our division rival and McDowell will be a cautionary tale speaking out against Kawasaki!
 
Posts: 7135
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:36 am
Location: Wenatchee, WA

Re: McDowell may miss the season!

Postby ThePro on Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:14 am

Michael K 2 wrote:
auroraave wrote:
Of course by moving back they picked him and he isn't going to play. So they lost a pick and gained a pick but instead of getting an actual 1st round pick they got and extra second round pick so it is a net negative imo.

dt


If they didn't move back, they would've picked him in the first round, (they claim he was their target all along) not the acquired extra picks, and he would still be injured (unless the butterfly effect of that changes the whole ATV scenario and it never happens :P ). Either way he doesn't play. This way Seattle has someone who potentially can - that extra pick. May be a small thing, but it could be important.


I still don't buy it. Foster had to be the pick. Instead, in three years he will be looking to make his second Pro Bowl for our division rival and McDowell will be a cautionary tale speaking out against Kawasaki!


Foster is a Mike backer. It would make no sense for Hawks to draft him. And it's not like McDowell will never play again.
Last edited by ThePro on Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:13 am

Re: McDowell may miss the season!

Postby Don Gorgon on Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:32 am

geez...knock on wood, don't jinx it
 
Posts: 44542
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:59 am
Location: balm yard

Re: McDowell may miss the season!

Postby Michael K 2 on Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:33 pm

ThePro wrote:Foster is a Mike backer. It would make no sense for Hawks to draft him. And it's not like McDowell will never play again.


Didnt like the McDowell pick when it happened, hate it now. I have a hard time believing Foster couldn't play just about any backer position. Would have taken either Bama player, him or Cam, available at that spot. Instead we will once again get nothing out of the first or second round this year. Smelled like the C Mike pick to me.

These guys would rather look smart then draft a first rounder. Trading back has worked so well for us that we keep throwing money at the guys we drafted years ago! I doubt that is because we have found guys to replace them!
 
Posts: 7135
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:36 am
Location: Wenatchee, WA

Re: McDowell may miss the season!

Postby ThePro on Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:11 pm

Michael K 2 wrote:
ThePro wrote:Foster is a Mike backer. It would make no sense for Hawks to draft him. And it's not like McDowell will never play again.


Didnt like the McDowell pick when it happened, hate it now. I have a hard time believing Foster couldn't play just about any backer position. Would have taken either Bama player, him or Cam, available at that spot. Instead we will once again get nothing out of the first or second round this year. Smelled like the C Mike pick to me.

These guys would rather look smart then draft a first rounder. Trading back has worked so well for us that we keep throwing money at the guys we drafted years ago! I doubt that is because we have found guys to replace them!


I do not think Foster could play any LB position. His skill set is better suited to the inside.Not a good fit. If you didn't like the McDowell pick it's only because you had no idea who he was and had never seen him play. He might be the most talented player in the entire draft. To say you hate it now is ridiculous. He just had an accident. I'm pretty McDowell didn't intend to get injured.

1st round picks don't come with guarantees.
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:13 am

Re: McDowell may miss the season!

Postby D-Trains on Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:10 pm

He decided to engage in a dangerous activity two weeks before beginning his NFL career. Idiot. No two ways around it.

dt
 
Posts: 57501
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:31 am
Location: Kirkland, WA

Re: McDowell may miss the season!

Postby ThePro on Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:30 pm

D-Trains wrote:He decided to engage in a dangerous activity two weeks before beginning his NFL career. Idiot. No two ways around it.

dt


A dangerous activity? Really ? You've never ridden an ATV before? So of he got in a car crash would you say he was engaging in a dangerous activity and call him an idiot?
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:13 am

Re: McDowell may miss the season!

Postby Don Gorgon on Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:48 am

deranged thrill seeking maniacs lol....


https://www.google.com/search?q=family+ ... 66&bih=662
 
Posts: 44542
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:59 am
Location: balm yard

Re: McDowell may miss the season!

Postby D-Trains on Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:12 am

ThePro wrote:
D-Trains wrote:He decided to engage in a dangerous activity two weeks before beginning his NFL career. Idiot. No two ways around it.

dt


A dangerous activity? Really ? You've never ridden an ATV before? So of he got in a car crash would you say he was engaging in a dangerous activity and call him an idiot?


If he drove a car and got into a one car accident which was completely and solely his fault, then yes, he is an idiot. If he was safely driving the ATV and some idiot crashed into him, then I will retract my statement. I don't think I will be retracting my statement.

dt
 
Posts: 57501
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:31 am
Location: Kirkland, WA

Re: McDowell may miss the season!

Postby D-Trains on Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:14 am

Don Gorgon wrote:deranged thrill seeking maniacs lol....


https://www.google.com/search?q=family+ ... 66&bih=662


Are any of those people rookies in the NFL?

dt
 
Posts: 57501
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:31 am
Location: Kirkland, WA

PreviousNext

Return to Seahawks

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Advertising