Advertising

Re: Damn it feels good to hate the 49ers PREDICTION THREAD!

Postby eo620 on Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:29 pm

I say Hawks 27-10. After the game, Hawks fans get all riled up and think everything is good again because we beat a **** team. The good vibes will continue until we face a playoff team (or the Rams) and we'll get exposed again.

The bottom line is the Seahawks are a good football team. They can beat the 49ers and other .500 and below teams. They will continue to struggle this season in games this season vs. the Giants, Cowboys, and Falcons.

Now c'mon 'Hawks ... prove me wrong!!!

Postby D-Trains on Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:34 pm

eo620 wrote:I say Hawks 27-10. After the game, Hawks fans get all riled up and think everything is good again because we beat a **** team. The good vibes will continue until we face a playoff team (or the Rams) and we'll get exposed again.

The bottom line is the Seahawks are a good football team. They can beat the 49ers and other .500 and below teams. They will continue to struggle this season in games this season vs. the Giants, Cowboys, and Falcons.

Now c'mon 'Hawks ... prove me wrong!!!

I posted this earlier today. Jinx.

Prediction. The offense will come to life a bit vs. SFs bad D. The Defense will shut down SFs offense and force some TOs leading to some easy scores and we will win by a similar score that Carolina did Sunday (23-3) The offense will be proclaimed fixed. All will be right in the world and then we will play another decent defense, the offense will suck again and we will be back to square one.

Postby ice99 on Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:50 pm

Seahawks 24, SF 10.

The Hawks go up tempo, then back off to consume the clock.

Postby McFrisky on Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:11 am

Fitty. 5 ohhh.

Postby Soggyblogger on Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:43 am

I advise everyone to go to the FieldGulls page, click on the comments section of "Coffee and Cigs" and you will find a 3 minute collection of every snap on offense. Watch Ifedi....he actually does his job almost every play. Most of the pressure seems to come from the left side of the OL, but what is most amazing about the clip is how often "pressure" is created by Russell's (bad) footwork and poor vision. Also, Russell's decision making. Take a look. I watched it and followed Ifedi more than anyone else, and I think he played OK. Watch it and report back on your impression.

Postby Michael K 2 on Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:59 am

If that is true then my worst fear is realized. All the years of playing behind this BS Line has Russ seeing Ghosts.....David Carr disease?

That being said, read the Pro Football Focus grades on the line. Everyone graded WAY below average besides Britt....who was average.

Postby D-Trains on Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:06 am

Soggyblogger wrote:I advise everyone to go to the FieldGulls page, click on the comments section of "Coffee and Cigs" and you will find a 3 minute collection of every snap on offense. Watch Ifedi....he actually does his job almost every play. Most of the pressure seems to come from the left side of the OL, but what is most amazing about the clip is how often "pressure" is created by Russell's (bad) footwork and poor vision. Also, Russell's decision making. Take a look. I watched it and followed Ifedi more than anyone else, and I think he played OK. Watch it and report back on your impression.

This was PFFs impression of Ifedi:

right tackle Germain Ifedi 44.5, 75 being average.

Postby Soggyblogger on Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:08 am

Michael K 2 wrote:If that is true then my worst fear is realized. All the years of playing behind this BS Line has Russ seeing Ghosts.....David Carr disease?

That being said, read the Pro Football Focus grades on the line. Everyone graded WAY below average besides Britt....who was average.

PFF is NOTORIOUSLY bad at their evaluations. I read the grades. I watched the clip, and it's not all the offensive lines fault. A great QB see's and feels pressure, and is more responsible for eluding that pressure than the OL is responsible for stopping it. The QB has all kinds of ways to avoid the pressure through quick releases, quick diagnosis and very very slight footwork to slide in, out, or around pressure.

Don't get me wrong, I love Russell and have great hopes for him. He's still young and learning. His vision fails him a lot now, and hopefully he matures and learns and improves. I think he has as much improving to do as the OL. Just my impression and opinion.

Postby D-Trains on Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:11 am

Soggyblogger wrote:
Michael K 2 wrote:If that is true then my worst fear is realized. All the years of playing behind this BS Line has Russ seeing Ghosts.....David Carr disease?

PFF is NOTORIOUSLY bad at their evaluations. I read the grades. I watched the clip, and it's not all the offensive lines fault. A great QB see's and feels pressure, and is more responsible for eluding that pressure than the OL is responsible for stopping it. The QB has all kinds of ways to avoid the pressure through quick releases, quick diagnosis and very very slight footwork to slide in, out, or around pressure.

Don't get me wrong, I love Russell and have great hopes for him. He's still young and learning. His vision fails him a lot now, and hopefully he matures and learns and improves. I think he has as much improving to do as the OL. Just my impression and opinion.

I find it odd that NFL teams would subscribe to and NFL beat reporters would quote a service that is Notoriously bad. Who says they are notoriously bad? Thanks.

dt

Postby Michael K 2 on Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:24 am

Russ wasn't great, but the line was possibly the worst I've ever seen. Big difference.

PreviousNext

Return to Seahawks