Advertising

Re: Michael Bennett letter

Postby UKMarinersFan on Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:53 am

Bennett should drop suit

Perhaps in light of the Las Vegas mass murder, Michael Bennett will come to his senses and drop his trivial lawsuit against them which was clearly based on false accusations. They likely have more important issues to focus on right now. Maybe he will now realize that when dealing with a potential or real active shooter, they can’t be concerned with niceties or exposing someone’s preconceived notions that cops are racist. Their number one priority is public safety as it should be. The consequences of not being diligent by detaining an individual acting suspiciously can’t be more clear than now. An apology would be ideal but I won’t hold my breath as that might derail his “movement”.

Well said.[/quote]

I like D-Train, he's a nice bloke of whom I throughly enjoy reading his Mariners musings. The fact he invites members over to this house highlights he is a decent guy, and if he ever happens to be in London I would enjoy having a beer with him, moaning about the Mariners all evening.

And whilst I get his point, I do disagree in some parts. The fact a white male of 60+, who doesn't look remotely threatening smuggled 30+ weapons, including some high powered rifles, into his hotel room surely highlights the problem here?

It's impossible to judge a book by its cover, but the idea their is no pre- conceived notions; I'm sorry, but I find it hard to believe.

That said, I agree the priority is public safety. You can't risk these things, any doubt and the police has to be on the safe side. It's a difficult topic and one I struggle to confidently choose one side.[/quote]

Thanks UK. And thanks for the feedback on the letter. I agree that it is a complex situation.

I consider you a nice bloke as well and would love to have a beer with you. :) I have been to the EU 4 times, once to Paris and thrice to Berlin but never to the UK which would have been my first choice. (the other trips were all for business) If I make to London one of these days, I will definitely reach out.

dt[/quote]

Love Berlin, great city.

Were due out of the EU in March 2019 so I best get my EU trips done soon :shock:

Postby kc26 on Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:57 am

hawkmagic wrote:
kc26 wrote:Now that you have danced around the actual point ......... would it be appropriate, or would you think that is neither the time nor place for that protest?

https://youtu.be/I4nyaL8qmK0

So now I guess we know. Let's even change my example a bit. If your daughter's wedding party had 5 groomsmen and 5 bridesmaids, and one of the groomsmen decided to kneel up there at the alter to protest police treatment of blacks during the ceremony instead of standing like all of the others , it would be fine with you. The reception could be filled with talk about why that one groomsmen was kneeling instead of talking about how beautiful your daughter was and what a nice ceremony it was, and Hawkmagic would be fine with that, because after all ......... it wasn't about his daughter.

Postby WallaWallaDawg on Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:28 am

kc26 wrote:
hawkmagic wrote:
kc26 wrote:Now that you have danced around the actual point ......... would it be appropriate, or would you think that is neither the time nor place for that protest?

So now I guess we know. Let's even change my example a bit. If your daughter's wedding party had 5 groomsmen and 5 bridesmaids, and one of the groomsmen decided to kneel up there at the alter to protest police treatment of blacks during the ceremony instead of standing like all of the others , it would be fine with you. The reception could be filled with talk about why that one groomsmen was kneeling instead of talking about how beautiful your daughter was and what a nice ceremony it was, and Hawkmagic would be fine with that, because after all ......... it wasn't about his daughter.

If it was a Catholic wedding, nobody would notice. We're up and down a bunch at Catholic weddings. :D

Postby Michael K 2 on Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:37 am

D-Trains wrote:
hawkmagic wrote:
"The kneeling is protesting police brutality. YOU made it about disrespecting the flag. That is how racism works.
- Mike Bloch

I think the people protesting during the presentation of the Flag made it about the flag. You would have to be a delusional lunatic not to understand that.

dt

You found a quote you like, good for you. But if you really believe police brutality is anywhere near the top five in discussions about this protest you are delusional.

Postby HawkBowler on Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:11 am

Rishard Matthews with the Titans says he will quit the NFL if forced to stand for the anthem:

https://twitter.com/ClayTravis/status/9 ... 48/photo/1

Anyone believe him?

Postby kc26 on Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:02 pm

How much longer until Michael Bennett's attorney files their lawsuit?

Postby SeaFreak on Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:37 pm

kc26 wrote:
hawkmagic wrote:

How does a wedding match the stage of being a million dollar black athlete in the NFL??? Apples and oranges. I think the wedding would be inappropriate for that.. It's the bride and groom's familes.. The proper place for this protest is simple... 80k stadiums, NFL, National Anthem... Brilliant!

Postby kc26 on Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:35 am

I want to keep this one alive for further discussion once Michael Bennett's attorney files his lawsuit.

Postby Michael K 2 on Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:05 pm

SeaFreak wrote:How does a wedding match the stage of being a million dollar black athlete in the NFL??? Apples and oranges. I think the wedding would be inappropriate for that.. It's the bride and groom's familes.. The proper place for this protest is simple... 80k stadiums, NFL, National Anthem... Brilliant!

To me you are missing the point. In this example, would the reason for the protest be what was talked about or would everyone, just like this, focus on the time and place of the protest?

Postby calabcoug on Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:02 pm

Michael K 2 wrote:

Or better yet, would anyone really know what was being protested? I am going to take a knee during the national anthem and wonder why everyone is talking about the flag and the anthem and the armed forces and not my cause!

It's the same b.s narrative over and over...trying to reinject the military in order to increase dissent. It isn't about the military and the protesters have said so. Forcing someone to respect the flag the way you say they should isn't patriotism...it is totalitarianism. Let them protest as they see fit...like it don't like it...whatever...but freedom of speech is exactly that, free. You can't put caveats on it because your tastes differ. A quiet protest is not encouraging violence or fomenting hate...i's an exhibition of rights as granted by our 1st Amendment. If you don't honor that, you are disrespecting the same thing about which you complain...the freedoms that our military defend.

PreviousNext

Return to Seahawks