Maybe, I'm waiting for more testimony, evidence and video
No votes
Yes, he owes the LVMPD an apology
85%

Total votes : 13

Re: Should Bennett Apologize?

Postby HawkBowler on Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:48 pm

Coug wrote:
HB wrote:That get's me too because the majority opinion is against the protesting. Even among the players, in a league that's 75% black, only 30 players are protesting.

As to your false statements about who supports and who doesn't - polling has proven you wrong...as usual. You think because you say it it is true...but it isn't...it is just your usual fib filled spin. Poll on protests...

Of the 84% supporting the players' right to protest, 49% felt they should find a different way to express their political opinions, and 35% felt that not standing for the anthem is an acceptable way to protest. There was a wide racial gap in those saying it was an acceptable form of protest.with 70% of African-American choosing that option only 28% of whites doing so.

Coug, your example proves my point about the majority opinion. 49% say that players should not protest the anthem, 35% say that it's okay. 49 is a larger number than 35... I guess I really have to break it down for you.... therefore, I'm correct in saying that the majority opinion is against the players' protesting. The majority of players as well.

Postby D-Trains on Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:08 pm

Why are only a tiny minority of AA players protesting? Even on the Hawks, the hotbed of the "movement", prior to Trump, only one player protested out of 39 African Americans were protesting which is about ~2%. Even after Trump's comments barely over 10% protested. Wonder why given it is such a great cause.

and btw, that is what HB meant by the minority are protesting.

dt

Postby Double Mocha Man on Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:58 pm

I think a minority of the U.S. population were protesting the war in Vietnam. I ask, which side was proven to be right in the end? Before the conclusion of that war a majority of citizens were okay with it. Anybody here watch the PBS documentary on the full Vietnam war? Interesting stuff.

Postby HawkBowler on Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:06 am

Yeah, I've watched a few episodes of the Ken Burns series. Very interesting, especially the revelations of how the government lied repeatedly about the war.

How many NFL players protested during the Vietnam Era? How many protested in favor of equal rights and the ending of segregation? The answer is zero.

I do think we will be judged by what's happening now, but I don't think it will be whether the protesting players were supported. It will be whether the Marxist group BLM was supported. We will all regret not stopping this group or Antifa or other far left militant organizations. Communism should be as bad a word in our society as fascism, and yet most people don't see it that way.

Previous

Return to Seahawks