Advertising

Re: Warren Moon sued for sexual Harrassment

Postby kc26 on Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:36 pm

Moe Gibbs wrote:Also....... Santa's Elves came forward today with rape charges that date back 1000 years. When will we see any end to this...?


An end to what ............ sexual harassment, or women finally coming forward to report it?

I am really glad women are coming forward to report it and help put a stop to it.

I also have a bit of empathy for some of the men regarding some of the lesser accusations that happened years ago because while it never should have been condoned, a lot of this type of behavior has been. I see it a little bit like slavery in that .......... while I do not approve of early US citizens owning slaves, I also do not totally condemn them for what was a widely accepted practice at that time. I am glad it is being addressed, and at some point in the future, I think women are going to have to also look at how they present themselves ......... ie ......... If I lather my arms in sugar water, I should not be surprised when the bugs arrive. They are still bugs, but I intentionally attracted them.
 
Posts: 12053
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:48 am
Location: bothell, WA

Re: Warren Moon sued for sexual Harrassment

Postby maoling on Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:58 pm

I'm glad sexual harassment didn't exist when I bought my first wife a leather bustier and asked her to try it on.
 
Posts: 5463
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:17 am
Location: Bothell, WA

Re: Warren Moon sued for sexual Harrassment

Postby Double Mocha Man on Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:06 pm

Who will be called out next? Place your bets here.
 
Posts: 3813
Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:56 pm
Location: Bellingham

Re: Warren Moon sued for sexual Harrassment

Postby maoling on Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:11 pm

Double Mocha Man wrote:Who will be called out next? Place your bets here.


I'm putting a buck on Wolf Blitzer.
 
Posts: 5463
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:17 am
Location: Bothell, WA

Re: Warren Moon sued for sexual Harrassment

Postby D-Trains on Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:14 pm

maoling wrote:
Double Mocha Man wrote:Who will be called out next? Place your bets here.


I'm putting a buck on Wolf Blitzer.


He is an asexual andriod with a fake beard so unlikely. Bill Belichick?

dt
 
Posts: 62251
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:31 am
Location: Kirkland, WA

Re: Warren Moon sued for sexual Harrassment

Postby maoling on Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:42 pm

D-Trains wrote:
maoling wrote:
Double Mocha Man wrote:Who will be called out next? Place your bets here.


I'm putting a buck on Wolf Blitzer.


He is an asexual andriod with a fake beard so unlikely. Bill Belichick?

dt


I'd be thrilled if it were Robert Kraft or Roger Goodell.
 
Posts: 5463
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:17 am
Location: Bothell, WA

Re: Warren Moon sued for sexual Harrassment

Postby McFrisky on Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:09 am

Sarah Chuckabee Sanders
 
Posts: 3438
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:04 am
Location: Louisville, KY

Re: Warren Moon sued for sexual Harrassment

Postby Soggyblogger on Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:30 am

kc26 wrote:Huge bummer.

Hoping it is not true.

I applaud women coming forward and encourage more to do so. At the same time, I will try not to condemn the accused until it becomes clearly proven.


You have captured my sentiments exactly.

I hope women will learn not to hold back if they are abused. Just as we teach our children to speak up if they are abused in any way we should hope women will do the same. However, every accused man deserves a fair investigation to any alleged charges.

Men, in this environment had better wake up and change their ways if they feel entitled to harass women sexually. It's a tough position for those so inclined. Our culture almost encouraged such behavior by acceptance of such things as cat calling, etc.

Perhaps children growing up in this new environment will grow into better humans with a stronger respect for EVERYONE.
 
Posts: 2842
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:06 pm
Location: Alaska

Re: Warren Moon sued for sexual Harrassment

Postby Moe Gibbs on Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:32 am

The cases that interest me most involve a plaintiff that isn't looking for any cash compensation, just the desire to see justice done.
 
Posts: 3734
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:30 pm

Re: Warren Moon sued for sexual Harrassment

Postby HawkBowler on Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:00 am

kc26 wrote:
Moe Gibbs wrote:Also....... Santa's Elves came forward today with rape charges that date back 1000 years. When will we see any end to this...?


An end to what ............ sexual harassment, or women finally coming forward to report it?

I am really glad women are coming forward to report it and help put a stop to it.

I also have a bit of empathy for some of the men regarding some of the lesser accusations that happened years ago because while it never should have been condoned, a lot of this type of behavior has been. I see it a little bit like slavery in that .......... while I do not approve of early US citizens owning slaves, I also do not totally condemn them for what was a widely accepted practice at that time. I am glad it is being addressed, and at some point in the future, I think women are going to have to also look at how they present themselves ......... ie ......... If I lather my arms in sugar water, I should not be surprised when the bugs arrive. They are still bugs, but I intentionally attracted them.


I don't like the way all these cases are being lumped together as the same. There are degrees to sexual harassment and assault. Matt Lauer doesn't belong in the same category as Bill Cosby, for example. Harvey Weinstein is not a good example of work place harassment. The actresses that went to his hotel room knew his reputation and knew that they would have to resist his sexual advances. They all say they did it anyway for their careers. Well.... that's a choice.

I also don't like the notion that men should be doing more to stop other men from sexually harassing. If we see it, sure, but predation happens behind closed doors. The women that are harassed that don't say anything are part of the problem. I know we're not supposed to blame the victims, but if they don't speak out who can? Also, with a number of these guys, they all have the same pattern. Harvey Weinstein's accusers, for example, all tell the same story. The media's angle on that.... with a pattern, with all the years of abuse, people knew and should have stopped it. But there's an angle they're not picking up on --- Weinstein did the same thing over and over because it worked. In other words, some women fell for the 'just come up to my room to discuss the latest script.' Some women had sex with him. Those women are even more responsible for the behavior than the women who were sexually harassed but resisted his advancements.
 
Posts: 11184
Joined: Fri May 15, 2009 7:46 am
Location: Seattle, WA

PreviousNext

Return to Seahawks

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests

Advertising