Advertising

Re: Brain Schottenheimer named new OC

Postby Don Gorgon on Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:22 pm

he isn't coming here to create an offense, he is coming here to run PC's offense. I doubt all this stuff that peeps are bringing up are even relevant to what Pete was looking for.

Postby ThePro on Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:29 pm

Don Gorgon wrote:he isn't coming here to create an offense, he is coming here to run PC's offense. I doubt all this stuff that peeps are bringing up are even relevant to what Pete was looking for.

yup

Postby D-Trains on Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:03 pm

Don Gorgon wrote:he isn't coming here to create an offense, he is coming here to run PC's offense. I doubt all this stuff that peeps are bringing up are even relevant to what Pete was looking for.

Yep, leave to Pete to go with a guy that has had one decent offense out of 10 seasons. Makes perfect sense. Nobody should be surprised.

dt

Postby D-Trains on Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:18 pm

Here is the Forbes article.

Plain and simple. This is not a good hire by any stretch of the imagination.

Schottenheimer last served as an offensive coordinator in the NFL for the then St. Louis Rams back in 2014. He led that unit to a No. 28 overall ranking while scoring the eighth-fewest points in the NFL.

That came on the heels of his Rams offenses ranking 30th in 2013 and 23rd in 2012. Remember, Schottenheimer was fired by the New York Jets following a 2011 season that saw that offense finish 25th in total yards. Overall, Schottenheimer-led offenses have finished no better than 20th in all but two of his nine seasons as offensive coordinator in the NFL.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/vincentfra ... 1f84b911ff

Postby eo620 on Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:56 pm

D-Trains wrote:Here is the Forbes article.

Plain and simple. This is not a good hire by any stretch of the imagination.

Schottenheimer last served as an offensive coordinator in the NFL for the then St. Louis Rams back in 2014. He led that unit to a No. 28 overall ranking while scoring the eighth-fewest points in the NFL.

That came on the heels of his Rams offenses ranking 30th in 2013 and 23rd in 2012. Remember, Schottenheimer was fired by the New York Jets following a 2011 season that saw that offense finish 25th in total yards. Overall, Schottenheimer-led offenses have finished no better than 20th in all but two of his nine seasons as offensive coordinator in the NFL.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/vincentfra ... 1f84b911ff

Interesting article. Two passages caught my attention:

"It seems that Carroll is trying to reinvent the wheel midstream. That has not always worked out too well in recent NFL history. When head coaches move on from assistants at the rate we've seen from Carroll over the past week, it tells us more about the coach's overall job security."

"With the Los Angeles Rams on the uptick following an NFC West title in 2017 and the San Francisco 49ers' future with Jimmy Garoppolo looking ever so bright, there could be a changing landscape in the division for years to come. Adding Schottenheimer to the mix as Seattle's primary play-caller surely won't help matters for Carroll and Co. in 2018."

This might get ugly!

Postby maoling on Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:25 pm

Seriously? This is 2017. When something is reported as a done deal it is 99% a sure thing.

dt

Dude. Get with the program. This is not 2017 anymore.

I'm bringing a new Sea Gals calendar to your party this year, so you can keep track of time. Plus I still have some frozen crawdad in my freezer from last year. Déjà vu Étouffée.

http://seattlerefined.com/lifestyle/pho ... ar#photo-1

Postby Don Gorgon on Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:52 pm

Mike Sando, ESPN.com

@SandoESPN
Brian Schottenheimer's #NFL career took off when he was QB coach for Brees. It stagnated when he was OC for Sanchez under Ryan and then for Bradford under Fisher when Bradford twice tore ACL. Each time, Schottenheimer was judged by end results. Illogical, but how league works.

11:43 AM - Jan 11, 2018

Joe Philbin has accepted the offensive coordinator position with the Green Bay Packers, and today we have learned that Colts quarterbacks coach, Brian Schottenheimer, has taken an interview with the Seattle Seahawks for their OC position. There was a belief that Schotty would be a better fit to hold Russell Wilson more accountable than how the team felt former OC Darrell Bevell did.

I think its about seeing Schottenheimer as the guy to handle RW

Postby cooperstown411 on Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:10 am

I don't mind the hire. If they can get the o-line to pass protect and run-block and get our ground game back. Let's see what he can do with RW at the helm. I just want to see smash-mouth again.

Postby Soggyblogger on Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:45 am

So this is real. And it doesn't get me excited. In fact, it makes me want to vomit. Well, metaphorically, anyway, there is this nasty stuff shooting out my mouth, and I feel a little sick to my stomach.

BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR, IT MIGHT COME TRUE.

This is all you guys' fault. Bevel was fine, just fine. It was Cable who sucked turds. Or was he? It sure will be interesting to see what Cable does in Oakland .... ur ... Las Vegas. Lynch will cement his HOF status, right?

My only hope, which I keep in a safety deposit box, is that the new OC has had a REBIRTH after the last time he was fired and RE-INVENTED himself ala Pete. Unless he has re-invented himself, by comparison, Bevel's resume shines with the brightness of 1000 stars.

Oh well, back to 9-7, 8-8, 7-9, 8-8 .... and on and on .... I remember those years well, and I remember them FONDLY since they followed plenty of worse years.

Pray for the re-invention of Shotty!

Postby D-Trains on Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:17 am

Don Gorgon wrote:
Mike Sando, ESPN.com

@SandoESPN
Brian Schottenheimer's #NFL career took off when he was QB coach for Brees. It stagnated when he was OC for Sanchez under Ryan and then for Bradford under Fisher when Bradford twice tore ACL. Each time, Schottenheimer was judged by end results. Illogical, but how league works.

11:43 AM - Jan 11, 2018

Joe Philbin has accepted the offensive coordinator position with the Green Bay Packers, and today we have learned that Colts quarterbacks coach, Brian Schottenheimer, has taken an interview with the Seattle Seahawks for their OC position. There was a belief that Schotty would be a better fit to hold Russell Wilson more accountable than how the team felt former OC Darrell Bevell did.

I think its about seeing Schottenheimer as the guy to handle RW

Then he should have hired BS to be the QBs coach instead of the OC and found an OC with some history of or hope for success. Wow, what appropriate initials for our new OC. lol

dt

PreviousNext

Return to Seahawks