Advertising

Re: Very interesting QB pressure breakdown

Postby auroraave on Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:39 pm

But it's also important to acknowledge he made tough choices this off season and fired guys that were probably very close to him. He's still learning and adaptable -- and that is a huge huge positive in my book. I give him a lot of credit for having that all-positive sunshine and rainbow outlook -- yet still having the sack to embrace change when it's difficult. I think that is something many people don't consider -- that's hard to do. Much respect.

Postby Michael K 2 on Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:50 pm

auroraave wrote:But it's also important to acknowledge he made tough choices this off season and fired guys that were probably very close to him.

Or, is he deflecting blame? The buck stops with him. If he really wanted to make a statement, then make it after his OC decided that the fucking gunner on the punt team was the best case scenario to target on second and goal from the one yard line down four points with time running out in the Super Bowl!

auroraave wrote:He's still learning and adaptable -- and that is a huge huge positive in my book.

Is it a positive? Or is he an old man that still hasn't realized that when something works, like the offense they ran in 2015, that changing it just because you like a different offense isn't very smart? I like to run the ball and play defense. So does every one else, but when that doesn't match your personnel you adapt. Us? We ask Jimmy Graham to spend his entire first year here with his hand in the dirt!

auroraave wrote:I give him a lot of credit for having that all-positive sunshine and rainbow outlook -- yet still having the sack to embrace change when it's difficult. I think that is something many people don't consider -- that's hard to do. Much respect.

Sorry, firing the guys around you isn't having a sack, it is saving your ass. I would have had much more respect if we didn't have to watch this team decline the last three years before he grew a sack.

I mean really, it doesn't take a lot of balls to fire the offensive coaches after last year. What would have taken sack would have been to come out and admit they blew it signing Lacy and Walsh. That they made huge mistakes tinkering for years with the offensive line, that they undervalued Lynch and over value Cable when it came to the run game and that they are one of the only teams in the NFL that can't run a screen or draw play to slow down a pass rush. That would have taken balls.

Firing all the assistant coaches to save face, two or three off seasons too late, did not take balls. Admitting his own mistakes would have taken balls, firing others doesn't.

Postby Rooosevelt on Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:06 pm

auroraave wrote:But it's also important to acknowledge he made tough choices this off season and fired guys that were probably very close to him. He's still learning and adaptable -- and that is a huge huge positive in my book. I give him a lot of credit for having that all-positive sunshine and rainbow outlook -- yet still having the sack to embrace change when it's difficult. I think that is something many people don't consider -- that's hard to do. Much respect.

I suspect he was told to let the coaches go... or, he would walk the plank himself.

Postby D-Trains on Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:13 pm

Rooosevelt wrote:
auroraave wrote:But it's also important to acknowledge he made tough choices this off season and fired guys that were probably very close to him. He's still learning and adaptable -- and that is a huge huge positive in my book. I give him a lot of credit for having that all-positive sunshine and rainbow outlook -- yet still having the sack to embrace change when it's difficult. I think that is something many people don't consider -- that's hard to do. Much respect.

I suspect he was told to let the coaches go... or, he would walk the plank himself.

So do I. Why else would it take two weeks to do it? OTOH it took about 3 years too long so maybe he figured what was another week.

dt

Postby auroraave on Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:08 pm

The only person that would have the authority to force Carroll to do anything would be Paul Allen - and he is a notoriously hands off owner -- so that would be completely out of character for him to do. I just don't understand half of these arguments - they are totally inconsistent. Because he didn't fire them immediately after the last game, that means Paul Allen forced the issue? Huh? that's pretty convenient conclusion jumping to try and paint this narrative that PC was somehow backed into a corner by an owner who is known for NOT doing that. Defies any logic. But yeah, what do I know. PC couldn't have taken a few days to consider what to do before pulling the trigger? Maybe consult some confidants about what he wanted to do? Get some advice or perspective? Yeah, no way that could possibly be the case.

Postby trharder on Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:01 pm

auroraave wrote:I always wondered this season, while RW was collecting those scramble-drill highlights, if he wasn't at least partially using them to enhance his MVP chances. They make a nice highlights, but ultimately they cripple he offense..

"Coverage sacks". There it is. Blood in the water. Actually, RW sucks. Us RW fans have all been bamboozled. Hopefully, the new coaches will teach RW how to be a QB.

Postby D-Trains on Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:52 pm

auroraave wrote:The only person that would have the authority to force Carroll to do anything would be Paul Allen - and he is a notoriously hands off owner -- so that would be completely out of character for him to do. I just don't understand half of these arguments - they are totally inconsistent. Because he didn't fire them immediately after the last game, that means Paul Allen forced the issue? Huh? that's pretty convenient conclusion jumping to try and paint this narrative that PC was somehow backed into a corner by an owner who is known for NOT doing that. Defies any logic. But yeah, what do I know. PC couldn't have taken a few days to consider what to do before pulling the trigger? Maybe consult some confidants about what he wanted to do? Get some advice or perspective? Yeah, no way that could possibly be the case.

Yeah, Pete didn't realize the offense sucked the week after the season. Had to spend a few days pouring over stats. lol

dt

Postby Michael K 2 on Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:59 pm

trharder wrote:
auroraave wrote:I always wondered this season, while RW was collecting those scramble-drill highlights, if he wasn't at least partially using them to enhance his MVP chances. They make a nice highlights, but ultimately they cripple he offense..

"Coverage sacks". There it is. Blood in the water. Actually, RW sucks. Us RW fans have all been bamboozled. Hopefully, the new coaches will teach RW how to be a QB.

Yeah, because if you can't blame the line I think must be that the receivers didn't get on right? You can be an RW fan, I am a Seahawk fan, and realize he isnt above criticism.

Postby trharder on Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:24 am

Michael K 2 wrote:[Yeah, because if you can't blame the line I think must be that the receivers didn't get on right? You can be an RW fan, I am a Seahawk fan, and realize he isnt above criticism.

The O-line was bad. We weren't imagining that. Watching RBs get nailed in the backfield is all the proof you need of that. Running plays remove RW from the equation. No running game makes RWs job harder. You can blame the line. I criticize RW loudly every Sunday from my couch. I also realize how ridiculous I am. I don't try to pretend the lofty numbers that now accompany RWs career don't exist and he's actually a bigger problem than the O-line for the failures of the offense. Saying RW scrambles around to increase his chances of personal fame, like Auro did, is not just criticism. That's a long-standing agenda.

Postby HawkBowler on Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:57 am

auroraave wrote:The only person that would have the authority to force Carroll to do anything would be Paul Allen - and he is a notoriously hands off owner -- so that would be completely out of character for him to do. I just don't understand half of these arguments - they are totally inconsistent. Because he didn't fire them immediately after the last game, that means Paul Allen forced the issue? Huh? that's pretty convenient conclusion jumping to try and paint this narrative that PC was somehow backed into a corner by an owner who is known for NOT doing that. Defies any logic. But yeah, what do I know. PC couldn't have taken a few days to consider what to do before pulling the trigger? Maybe consult some confidants about what he wanted to do? Get some advice or perspective? Yeah, no way that could possibly be the case.

Thing is if you're going to clean house it's best to do it right after the season. These are long time associates and friends who want to be able to interview and obtain jobs with other teams.

I do think Paul Allen is hands-off, but he's not completely hands-off. He probably told Pete and John that they need to make changes.

Notice that the Broncos did almost the same thing, keeping the head coach but firing just everybody beneath him.

PreviousNext

Return to Seahawks