Advertising

Re: Sebastian Janikowski Visiting Emerald City

Postby openup58 on Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:15 pm

I would have to bet against you. I doubt Seattle would have never signed him if he wasn't 100% medically cleared and possibly he even put on a kicking exaction? Either way I think there is 99.9% he will be our starting kicker this season

Postby D-Trains on Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:38 pm

Season is saved!.........by signing a 40 year old kicker with a bad back. I assume they thought Walsh was going to be great too when they signed him.

dt

Postby ThePro on Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:15 pm

D-Trains wrote:Season is saved!.........by signing a 40 year old kicker with a bad back. I assume they thought Walsh was going to be great too when they signed him.

dt

Age is not as big as factor for a kicker. Anything is better than the Blair Walsh Project. Dude literally kept us out of the playoffs.

Postby trharder on Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:37 pm

Hindemith wrote:Still one of the top 10 kickers in the league? He's 40 and coming off a disc injury. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't make the team.

First of all, that's exactly what everyone said last year with Blair Walsh. Secondly, they tried him out. He was money, or they wouldn't have signed him.

Postby ThePro on Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:20 pm

trharder wrote:First of all, that's exactly what everyone said last year with Blair Walsh. Secondly, they tried him out. He was money, or they wouldn't have signed him.

I don't remember "everyone" saying Balir Walsh was a good idea. Personally I was in disbelief.

Postby Don Gorgon on Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:25 pm

there were reasons to sign Walsh, basically hoping for a bounce back, he was not signed because he was money. That was the reason he was available, he wasn't money

Postby trharder on Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:19 am

ThePro wrote:[I don't remember "everyone" saying Balir Walsh was a good idea. Personally I was in disbelief.

trharder wrote:
Hindemith wrote:Still one of the top 10 kickers in the league? He's 40 and coming off a disc injury. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't make the team.

First of all, that's exactly what everyone said last year with Blair Walsh. Secondly, they tried him out. He was money, or they wouldn't have signed him.

You really should read the posts you're replying to. Everyone (slight exaggeration) said Walsh wouldn't make the team.

Postby trharder on Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:26 am

Don Gorgon wrote:there were reasons to sign Walsh, basically hoping for a bounce back, he was not signed because he was money. That was the reason he was available, he wasn't money

Another one who can't read the posts he's replying to. There was no reason to hire Walsh. He was a proven choke artist which we had witnessed his greatest choke to advance in the playoffs. It was one of the most baffling moves ever made by the modern day Seahawks. When he was signed, very few fans thought he'd actually end up being our FG kicker once the regular season started. The comparison is Hindemith saying he wouldn't be surprised if Sebastian doesn't make the team. This is what was said about Walsh.

I'm saying with Janakowski being known to be coming off of an injury, they made him kick and he was good. That's why they signed him. They wouldn't hire a 40-year-old kicker on the hope he recovers. He's recovered.

Postby Don Gorgon on Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:30 am

I do not think they would have signed him if he couldn't kick a football but there is more to it than that, there is this thing called regression, he hasn't done it now in a football game in two seasons and the last two seasons he did play his performance was falling off. Again, there were reasons to risk signing Walsh and there are reasons to risk signing Seabass but they were both risks.

Postby D-Trains on Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:36 am

Don Gorgon wrote:I do not think they would have signed him if he couldn't kick a football but there is more to it than that, there is this thing called regression, he hasn't done it now in a football game in two seasons and the last two seasons he did play his performance was falling off. Again, there were reasons to risk signing Walsh and there are reasons to risk signing Seabass but they were both risks.

Yep. I think that horror flick guy will win the competition but who knows.

dt

PreviousNext

Return to Seahawks