Advertising

Re: Report: Cowboys, Seahawks discussing Earl Thomas trade

Postby HawkBowler on Tue May 15, 2018 11:40 am

Michael K 2 wrote:
One of them was surrounded by a defense and a run game and the other never won a Super Bowl?

No silly, one is over six foot and the other is shorter than six foot.

Postby Michael K 2 on Tue May 15, 2018 11:49 am

Very true, but I remember many debates back when he was negotiating his new deal, and there were a ton of guys in this very forum that felt his height didn't matter.

Postby HawkBowler on Wed May 16, 2018 10:27 am

Marino is white and Wilson is blackish

Postby Soggyblogger on Wed May 16, 2018 10:38 am

HawkBowler wrote:Marino is white and Wilson is blackish

another way to put that is that Wilson is whitish.

Postby HawkBowler on Wed May 16, 2018 3:04 pm

career passer rating
Wilson: 98.8
Marino: 86.4

Passing TDs
Wilson: 161 (6 seasons) avg 27 per season
Marino: 420 (17 seasons) avg 25 per season

Passing %
Wilson: 64%
Marino: 59%

Passing yards
Wilson: 3,696 yds per season
Marino: 3,609 yds per season

At least Marino was taller

Postby Michael K 2 on Thu May 17, 2018 9:24 am

Comparing QBs across eras is an effort in futility. My guess is most QBs playing the style and under the rules of today's game would have better numbers. Did you watch Marino?

Postby ThePro on Thu May 17, 2018 11:23 am

Michael K 2 wrote:Comparing QBs across eras is an effort in futility. My guess is most QBs playing the style and under the rules of today's game would have better numbers. Did you watch Marino?

I do not understand the Marino/Wilson comparison. They are literally exact opposites. It makes no sense.

Dominic Wilkins posted up and dunked over everyone in the paint. Stephen Curry needs to do that. That is a higher percentage shot.

That's what you guys sound like when you compare Wilson to Marino.

Postby Michael K 2 on Thu May 17, 2018 11:29 am

ThePro wrote:
Michael K 2 wrote:Comparing QBs across eras is an effort in futility. My guess is most QBs playing the style and under the rules of today's game would have better numbers. Did you watch Marino?

I do not understand the Marino/Wilson comparison. They are literally exact opposites. It makes no sense.

Dominic Wilkins posted up and dunked over everyone in the paint. Stephen Curry needs to do that. That is a higher percentage shot.

That's what you guys sound like when you compare Wilson to Marino.

If you read posts earlier you would see it was about how getting the ball out quickly can save sacks as much if not more than being quick and able to scramble around.

HB posted stats. I honestly dont know why, as no one was comparing the two other than how a QB can help his O Line and if being a scrambler is actually this huge advantage that Seahawk fans seem to believe with Russ.

Personally? I feel there are several times lineman look back at Russ with that "what the F are you doing there" look on their faces as he spins around and runs right into the man they were blocking. That being said, there also are several times the lineman is beat immediately and Russ avoids it, so I really dont know!

Postby ThePro on Thu May 17, 2018 11:44 am

Michael K 2 wrote:
Personally? I feel there are several times lineman look back at Russ with that "what the F are you doing there" look on their faces as he spins around and runs right into the man they were blocking. That being said, there also are several times the lineman is beat immediately and Russ avoids it, so I really dont know!

You are seeing something that no one else is seeing. Perhaps you have a special TV.

Postby HawkBowler on Thu May 17, 2018 11:55 am

Michael K 2 wrote:HB posted stats. I honestly dont know why, as no one was comparing the two other than how a QB can help his O Line and if being a scrambler is actually this huge advantage that Seahawk fans seem to believe with Russ.

I don't get this notion that OL guys should get mad when Wilson scrambles.

If you compare Wilson to Marino first six years a piece, the numbers are closer. I posted the above to show that Wilson is already as good as some of the great QBs of all-time. FACT.

Some people seem intent on doubting Wilson all the way up to his HOF induction.

But what the hell, let's trade Wilson, save a bunch of money and just draft a new QB in the third round again.
:roll:

Don't know what you got till it's gone I guess...

PreviousNext

Return to Seahawks