Advertising

Re: well somebody got it

Postby D-Trains on Fri May 11, 2018 10:35 am

trharder wrote:
D-Trains wrote:nice. Yep JJ is my guy. I'd be willing to wager he is a starter at some point this season.

I admit, I had to look up what position he played, but if he's otherwise coming along, there's a pretty good chance Duane Brown will go down to injury giving the rookie an opportunity.

PC said they are going to try Jones at both tackle and guard so a lot of things could happen that could result in him getting starts. PC also said he was very impressed with him.

Postby HawkBowler on Fri May 11, 2018 11:22 am

ThePro wrote:
openup58 wrote:I am down for Penny rushing for 1000+ yds and beating out Barkley for rookie of the year

He's gonna need alot more than those stats to beat out Barkley for ROY.

Fantasy guys say it's a toss up. Some leaning Penny's way because they know he will receive a lot of carries with the Seahawks. Giants are more of a passing team.

Postby 57reasons on Fri May 11, 2018 9:00 pm

openup58 wrote:
ThePro wrote:
openup58 wrote:I am down for Penny rushing for 1000+ yds and beating out Barkley for rookie of the year

He's gonna need alot more than those stats to beat out Barkley for ROY.

Barkley was overrated... 40% of the draft boards had Penny as the #1 back in the draft, ....

...among households in San Diego with surnames that begin with the letter P and end with Y. :roll:

Postby HawkBowler on Sat May 12, 2018 9:42 am

Good balanced breakdown of Penny:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWkE0a2LAKk

Penny is compared to Demarco Murray. I'll take that.

They don't think he's as good as Barkely, but they contradict their own opinion with some stats. Penny led the nation with over 2000 rushing yards. Scored 28 TDs. He broke more tackles than any other RB. And he had the highest elusive score.

Criticism for Penny is mostly in the pass game. At one point in the vid he points out that Penny is not good in the slot. Shouldn't bother us because he's not going to be playing in the slot. Route running is also criticized but I'm not sure it will matter. Penny can help out the passing game by bailing Wilson out. That's one factor the vid guy doesn't mention. Wilson is the best scrambler in the NFL. Now he has a seriously dangerous check down. And if our new OC can throw some draws into our playbook for a change, Penny will do a lot of damage.

Postby D-Trains on Sat May 12, 2018 9:48 am

I think we will have more than one rushing touchdown by a running back like we did last season.

Postby HawkBowler on Wed May 16, 2018 3:10 pm

D-Trains wrote:I think we will have more than one rushing touchdown by a running back like we did last season.

Wow, let's shoot for the moon to get over the fence. :D

Postby HawkBowler on Wed May 16, 2018 3:14 pm

Fantasy Pros projects 183 car., 762 yds rushing, 5 TDs, 32 rec. 264 yds, 1.5 TDs

That looks light to me... I think Penny will have a lot more carries, yards and TDs, but even at those numbers above, we're looking at a steroid shot to the run game.

Postby VOR on Thu May 17, 2018 7:49 am

D-Trains wrote:nice. Yep JJ is my guy. I'd be willing to wager he is a starter at some point this season.

I tend to agree, there are several ways he could end up starting, probably at Right Tackle.

Of course we will know more once we get through Camp. For example, I doubt they would keep Fant as a 4th tackle rather than someone who could also play Guard.

Previous

Return to Seahawks