Advertising

Re: Hawks to ride the Colts and put them away wet game threa

Postby Michael K 2 on Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:24 pm

The Colts are a bad team. I realize it is the first pre-season game, but two scoring drives so far against this defense? Trying to remind myself that our starters only played one series, but this is discouraging.

Postby ThePro on Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:54 am

Michael K 2 wrote:The Colts are a bad team. I realize it is the first pre-season game, but two scoring drives so far against this defense? Trying to remind myself that our starters only played one series, but this is discouraging.

You're a pessimist

Postby Don Gorgon on Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:45 am

as if playing well in the first game of the pre-season would make a difference anyway

Postby Don Gorgon on Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:28 am

huh, that right there makes it a remarkable game, that is the sort of thing to take away from a preseason game...that is interesting

Once again, Shaquem Griffin wasn’t only good for a football player with only one hand. He was just good.

The Seattle Seahawks rookie was everywhere on the field during his NFL preseason debut, recording four tackles in the first four snaps while facing the Indianapolis Colts during Andrew Luck’s long-awaited return.

Griffin would later post a tackle for loss to open the Seahawks’ first defensive series of the second half. All told, the rookie finished with a team-leading nine tackles, six solo, in a 19-17 loss to the Colts.

Postby HawkBowler on Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:53 am

Michael K 2 wrote:The Colts are a bad team. I realize it is the first pre-season game, but two scoring drives so far against this defense? Trying to remind myself that our starters only played one series, but this is discouraging.

LOL... preseason game one. And the Colts are not as bad as you think. That guy Andrew Luck is one of the best QBs in the AFC.

Postby Michael K 2 on Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:27 am

ThePro wrote:

You're a pessimist

Sorry, watching our backups was discouraging. I didn't say we were doomed!

Postby maoling on Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:33 am

trharder wrote:I'm pretty sure a computer program and a hologram could supplant any RW interview.

:D No cliché left unuttered. What's amazing is they didn't throw a blanket over his head and get back to covering the game.

Postby Sea Hawk aholic on Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:47 am

I am more worried about our new Offensive and Defensive coordinators... Seemed like the plays called often put our QB's in a position to get picked off. Needing to see more defensive side. Haven't watched the entire game and yet still preseason. However when Russell played his first preseason and as we continued to win every game, I new this team had something special.

So far I can't say the same we'll see...

Postby auroraave on Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:05 am

I didn't see any of it - how was the new kick off format? How did the oline look? Did Ifedi play? How'd the RB's look?
Any highlights?

Postby Michael K 2 on Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:26 am

The highlight was the first drive. In that drive, with the first unit we looked sharp, Wilson was on, the line looked good and we even converted a 4th and short. After that it was below average to pretty damn bad. Austin Davis looked good, until he looked like a bumbling idiot tossing one up for grabs on second and goal for an INT. McGough, or however you spell his name, looked like Chad Pennington. I think he was under four yards per attempt. The one deep ball he threw was well off and nearly got his receiver decapitate.

PreviousNext

Return to Seahawks