Advertising

Re: RW Elite or Mediocre?

Postby Don Gorgon on Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:05 am

It is perfectly alright to ask Russ to run all over the field to block, just not with the ball in his hands.

who is asking him to lead block?...willing to bet you PC wishes he wouldn't do it

Postby Anthony3 on Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:32 am

Michael K 2 wrote:So, the video you provide as evidence is of him sprinting to lead block, but you still debate that it is OK to lead block, but not to run with the football? I seriously have no idea what you are debating anymore. You sure you never commented in here under the DADC handle?

Due did you really watch, did you not see him favor the leg? Did you not read what a former NFL Doctor said,. are you really that dense. Let me help you again since it appears you are

"nd the former head doctor of the NFL, David J. Chao, confirmed the proof. It started on a play in which Wilson tried to block for Mike Davis for the second-straight week in a row, during the third quarter of the team's 33-31 loss to the Los Angeles Rams."

Again I don't care what you think, I will take the word of a Doctor who was the former head Doctor for the NFL.

Postby D-Trains on Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:35 am

Maybe if he wouldn't try to lead block his hammy would get better so he could run the ball a few times a game.

dt

Postby Michael K 2 on Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:50 am

I didn't say anyone was asking him to lead block. I am saying if the reason he isn't running the football is because of his hammy then his dumb ass shouldn't be sprinting down field to block! Good god this place. Yes, I believe he is capable of running the football, he isn't, and this notion that it is all about his hammy looks ridiculous when we know a few times he has sprinted down field to effing block on a play we already gained tons of yards on.

So, Anthony believes that Russ is smart enough to hand the ball off because of his sore hammy, but is too stupid not to think about it when as a QB he is sprinting down field to block? Genius.

Postby Don Gorgon on Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:04 am

I think he hands the ball off because he is willing to stay within the offense, whether his hammy has anything to do with that offense who knows. I think he runs down the field to throw a block because he likes doing it. I doubt his coaches like that he does it

Postby ThePro on Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:14 am

31 points, 190 yards rushing between two different backs. Who gives a s*** if he runs?

Postby Don Gorgon on Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:19 am

the funny thing about him blocking downfield is if does it he gets ripped for putting his health at risk, but if he doesn't do it he gets ripped for being a sissy, go figure

Postby D-Trains on Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:05 am

Don Gorgon wrote:the funny thing about him blocking downfield is if does it he gets ripped for putting his health at risk, but if he doesn't do it he gets ripped for being a sissy, go figure

Of course no sane person would rip him for not being a lead blocker 30 yards down field with a sore hammy especially since almost no healthy QBs do it.

dt

Postby HawkBowler on Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:29 am

Don Gorgon wrote:I think he hands the ball off because he is willing to stay within the offense, whether his hammy has anything to do with that offense who knows. I think he runs down the field to throw a block because he likes doing it. I doubt his coaches like that he does it

Several of those plays looked like Wilson was forced to block. He was already out in front after carrying out the fake, then the RB bounces to the outside. The defenders, though, are hesitant to hit Wilson... probably fearing a flag. Wilson didn't even need to block... just run in front of the RB. But one of these times he's going to be treated as a non-QB and get popped... similar to when a punter doesn't keep his head on a swivel.

I'm with the guys saying Wilson is better off running with the ball than blocking.

Postby ThePro on Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:01 am

It's a Zone read.. He can't just run when he wants to. If the End doesn't crash down why would he keep it?

PreviousNext

Return to Seahawks