Advertising

Re: RW Elite or Mediocre?

Postby Michael K 2 on Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:09 am

ThePro wrote:It's a Zone read.. He can't just run when he wants to. If the End doesn't crash down why would he keep it?

Exactly, and that was my point. The run game is working for a reason, and part of that is the threat of him to run.

As for getting ripped for NOT lead blocking. Someone please go find the post were one of our RBs got tackled and anyone made a comment like "damn, that play would have worked if only our QB had been out in front blocking."

Come on, I have read some dumb **** in here, but that would be the single dumbest thing I have ever read. That Tom Brady, look at how he blocks! :roll:

Postby D-Trains on Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:01 pm

Michael K 2 wrote:
ThePro wrote:It's a Zone read.. He can't just run when he wants to. If the End doesn't crash down why would he keep it?

Exactly, and that was my point. The run game is working for a reason, and part of that is the threat of him to run.

As for getting ripped for NOT lead blocking. Someone please go find the post were one of our RBs got tackled and anyone made a comment like "damn, that play would have worked if only our QB had been out in front blocking."

Come on, I have read some dumb **** in here, but that would be the single dumbest thing I have ever read. That Tom Brady, look at how he blocks! :roll:

That's is probably why Brady isn't the highest paid QB, he blocks like Jimmy Graham! :)

dt

Postby Captain 97 on Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:20 pm

back to the original topic. There are only 4 active QB's with more career playoff wings than Russell Wilson. Brady who is 41, Roethlesberger who is 36, Flacco who is 33 and Rodgers who is 34. Russell is 29.

He has the same number of playoff wins as Eli Manning who is 37 and He has more Playoff wins that Brees who is 39. He is absolutely Elite and he is going to be Hall of fame material by the time his career is done.

Postby Don Gorgon on Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:59 pm

i was speaking generally, QBs are always dealing with the, being shy of contact issue, I think RW is intent on not being one of them

Postby Don Gorgon on Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:22 pm

here is Fieldgulls with a breakdown of the option plays against the Rams, discusses if RW's hammy is bothering him

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2018/10/11/1 ... ead-option

Postby Anthony3 on Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:48 pm

Don Gorgon wrote:here is Fieldgulls with a breakdown of the option plays against the Rams, discusses if RW's hammy is bothering him

pretty good read, but he is hedging hi bets, one he says Wilson made all the right reads , but he also doe snot say and actually does say his Hammy was an issue. SO kind of having it both ways, Which may be accurate.

Postby ThePro on Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:17 am

Anthony3 wrote:
Don Gorgon wrote:here is Fieldgulls with a breakdown of the option plays against the Rams, discusses if RW's hammy is bothering him

pretty good read, but he is hedging hi bets, one he says Wilson made all the right reads , but he also doe snot say and actually does say his Hammy was an issue. SO kind of having it both ways, Which may be accurate.

Actually he just listed the theories. Never said he subscribed to any of them. There is a video breakdown of each handoff and on only one I saw where he might have been able to get to the edge.

Postby HawkBowler on Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:50 am

That's the problem... the end crashed down on several plays that Wilson didn't keep the ball.

Postby ThePro on Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:57 am

HawkBowler wrote:

That's the problem... the end crashed down on several plays that Wilson didn't keep the ball.

That is not true at all. There is clear video showing the contrary to what your saying. Ridiculous.

Postby HawkBowler on Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:42 am

ThePro wrote:
That is not true at all. There is clear video showing the contrary to what your saying. Ridiculous.

Okay, let's see the video. Link?

Below is a recent Field Gulls article that largely supports your point, but they also show clips in which Wilson could have kept the ball.

One of those plays is an easy 20 yard jaunt for Wilson.

Also... even on plays in which the DE stays home... it's still a one-on-one opportunity for Wilson against a much slower defender. That is unless you believe the hamstring excuse.
Last edited by HawkBowler on Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

PreviousNext

Return to Seahawks