Advertising

Re: PC and Penny on the RB situation

Postby D-Trains on Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:20 pm

Don Gorgon wrote:thar is an old quote, from after the monday night game I guess, maybe its old news, its interesting how involved PC seems to be in the play calling, and I doubt its something he just began doing this season

on the lack of run plays
“Yeah, I would tell you that my...I’ll just take it. My impatience a little bit, you know,” Carroll said. “Figuring that we should be on the board more than we had and just got to throw the ball up more than I want to. I’m over that. Both games were so close throughout. We were close enough we could have done whatever we wanted to all the way down to the end of it. I just got a little bit impatient, threw the ball a bit more than we needed to.

“And so you look back and that’s with limited opportunities because we weren’t converting, it just kind of works together. I’m just owning up. But that’s what I would say is the issue with that. I need to be a little less impatient. I’m a little bit, tend to be that way, you know?”

Very good chance his Tourettes during the first two games costs us the playoffs again this season.

dt

Postby HawkBowler on Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:52 pm

auroraave wrote:you're simply avoiding the question. I've asked you to show data that supports your theory that Seattle is poor at drafting - and you either ignore that or refuse to. Not sure why, but that's fine. No point engaging if you're not going to answer the only question I have asked. It's a total HB move, but it's all good. :P

Keep my name out of yo mouth, aurora

Postby Michael K 2 on Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:07 pm

auroraave wrote:you're simply avoiding the question. I've asked you to show data that supports your theory that Seattle is poor at drafting - and you either ignore that or refuse to. Not sure why, but that's fine. No point engaging if you're not going to answer the only question I have asked. It's a total HB move, but it's all good. :P

I see that DT has posted someones rankings, and I SEVERAL times have listed players either drafted or traded for with high draft picks that didn't pan out. You just refuse to read any of it, and keep coming in here screaming for me to prove it.

Postby D-Trains on Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:44 pm

Michael K 2 wrote:

I see that DT has posted someones rankings, and I SEVERAL times have listed players either drafted or traded for with high draft picks that didn't pan out. You just refuse to read any of it, and keep coming in here screaming for me to prove it.

And he does it knowing the info isn't readily available and when it is it is very subjective. You have to be a blind deaf and dumb homer to think our 2013-17 drafts were about as good as any other teams.

dt

Postby Don Gorgon on Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:54 pm

some peeps don't think its been that bad, its more that expectations had gotten so high

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2018/3/19/17 ... richardson

Postby auroraave on Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:21 pm

D-Trains on Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:44 pm

Michael K 2 wrote:
auroraave wrote:
you're simply avoiding the question. I've asked you to show data that supports your theory that Seattle is poor at drafting - and you either ignore that or refuse to. Not sure why, but that's fine. No point engaging if you're not going to answer the only question I have asked. It's a total HB move, but it's all good. :P

And he does it knowing the info isn't readily available and when it is it is very subjective. You have to be a blind deaf and dumb homer to think our 2013-17 drafts were about as good as any other teams.

dt

lol - I've read all of it - and isn't the burden of proof on you to prove your position? Who else would I be asking to prove your theorem? Seems to me DT's post (doing the work you refuse to do) literally debunks your position that Seattle is so bad - 12th out of 32 - is well above average... is it not? Secondly - where is the data that compares Seattle's drafts to other teams? That is literally all I have asked for - which would literally prove or disprove your position. I suspect you won't do that bit of legwork for fear it will show you are overreacting as you hammer your own personal narrative of 'how bad' this front office is. I'm not defending them - simply asking for proof. But I understand it's too much to ask. Repeatedly typing the names of players that didn't pan out with no context in relation to other teams success and failure rates means nothing. My asking for objective data that shows those success/failure rates to compare seems a pretty logical ask. But if it didn't project what your predetermined narrative is - you wouldn't want to know - because it would prove you are either overreacting, or you simply have unrealistic expectations. The way I view the team, it's players and staff is 100% irrelevant and a silly diversion attempt. I'm not the one making the claim - you are - so the burden of proof is on you - not me. You are SO sure - so it should not be hard, right? Show comparative data, not your personal I-have-an-axe-to-grind opinion. If you could, you would. How has Seattle done versus Cleveland? Oakland? Anyone? Make sure to cherry pick the data so only the stats that push your narrative are used - you know - skip the good seasons. It's what the Dems would do. lol :P :P :P

Postby HawkBowler on Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:02 pm

D-Trains wrote:

dt

Well count me in as a Hellen Keller Homer then.

Who do we have on the team that was drafted during those years? It's nearly the entire roster, right?

That's five years you're talking about, so I would suspect that there are other teams that also have a roster filled with 2013 to 2017 draft picks. That is unless the team in question is building through free agency.

So what you're really saying is that the Seahawks are bereft of talent. And we can tell that by other teams in the league, who are obviously better, we can tell that they've done a better job at the draft.

Rather than insisting that aurora prove his point, and nobody can accuse me of being inclined to carry water for aurora, it is the deniers that should have to prove their point. Give us another team. Tell us who they drafted. Tell us how they did a better job and why they are now better than the Seahawks.

I expect it to be good

And for extra difficulty, keep in mind that the Seahawks have been in the playoffs consistently during the time period in question. We've not only been drafting at the bottom of the first round since forever, but we also draft at the bottom of every round in the draft. So if you can find a team like that to compare that's certainly worth something.

Postby Michael K 2 on Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:11 am

So, in five years we have turned a Super Bowl Champion into a team that last year miss d the playoffs and so far this year is 2 and 3, and that is a success?

Postby Don Gorgon on Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:21 am

yup...five straight playoff appearances...compared to some cities that isn't so bad really

Postby Michael K 2 on Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:28 am

Don Gorgon wrote:yup...five straight playoff appearances...compared to some cities that isn't so bad really

Which proves the past drafts have been a success? Look at the names on the roster of those playoff teams, then tell me they difference makers were acquired recently. I will wait. They hit home runs early on, and they rode that talent a long ways. No one is arguing that. BUT, they had to resign a lot of those guys even to third contracts. The reason for that certainly wasn't because they had successfully acquired their replacements. That points to mediocre at best drafts recently. IMO, that is because we have whiffed on early round selections, where the most talent should be. First and second round picks should come in and make a difference. Ours don't really do that.

PreviousNext

Return to Seahawks