Advertising

Re: PC and Penny on the RB situation

Postby Don Gorgon on Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:49 am

not every draft has been great...that is how the system is built, but to keep up the amount of success they have had was no small feat either. The Hawk teams were not a dynasty but on the other hand that was about as good a five year run as the Hawks have had isn't it? The fact that it fell short of dynasty status doesn't exactly make it a failure does it?
 
Posts: 49671
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:59 am
Location: balm yard

Re: PC and Penny on the RB situation

Postby HawkBowler on Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:39 am

Michael K 2 wrote:So, in five years we have turned a Super Bowl Champion into a team that last year miss d the playoffs and so far this year is 2 and 3, and that is a success?


When is the last time we had a losing season?

Yes, that's called success. You can name the Patriots as a better org over the last six or seven years. That's it. Every other team has experienced not making the playoffs and losing seasons.
 
Posts: 15742
Joined: Fri May 15, 2009 7:46 am
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: PC and Penny on the RB situation

Postby Michael K 2 on Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:45 am

HawkBowler wrote:
Michael K 2 wrote:So, in five years we have turned a Super Bowl Champion into a team that last year miss d the playoffs and so far this year is 2 and 3, and that is a success?


When is the last time we had a losing season?

Yes, that's called success. You can name the Patriots as a better org over the last six or seven years. That's it. Every other team has experienced not making the playoffs and losing seasons.


Yep, a few drafts years ago lead to a lot of success. Not sure what that has to do with recent draft misses.
 
Posts: 10893
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:36 am
Location: Wenatchee, WA

Re: PC and Penny on the RB situation

Postby HawkBowler on Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:09 pm

Michael K 2 wrote:
Yep, a few drafts years ago lead to a lot of success. Not sure what that has to do with recent draft misses.


Every team not named the Patriots goes through a down cycle within a year or two usually of making it to the Super Bowl.

The NFL is geared toward rewarding losing teams with the draft while punishing winning teams. A team like the Rams needed many years of losing while stacking high round draft picks in order to climb into contention. Same thing with the Jags. Same thing with the Eagles. Are you saying the Hawks should have done as well as those teams with much lower picks?

Would you rather that the Hawks start losing for the next few years so that we can draft better?
 
Posts: 15742
Joined: Fri May 15, 2009 7:46 am
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: PC and Penny on the RB situation

Postby Jacknut on Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:34 pm

How about not trading 1st round picks for flashy no substance players, like Harvin and Graham. Then stop drafting RBs with your first pick unless you get a shot at a top of the line Player like Barkley/Peterson. These alone have set back the franchise in big ways.
 
Posts: 3462
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:33 pm
Location: Normandy Park

Re: PC and Penny on the RB situation

Postby HawkBowler on Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:08 pm

The draft isn't as important as the guys we have right now. We drafted Shaq CB and Carson and Bradley and Reed and Naz Jones and the entire OL and just about every other player cept Seabass B Marsh and the Mingo that ate yo baby!

We're alright. We don't know what we have. Also a surprising lack of curiosity that we all seem to be sharing. We are two wins and three losses... your team is your record... we have to own it. But that's okay, we've been here before. Now 3-3 looks worlds better than 2-4. That's all we should be concerned about... that and demolishing Cables ZBS and Beast mode's face in London. Love the guy but it's battle time. Let's get it!
 
Posts: 15742
Joined: Fri May 15, 2009 7:46 am
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: PC and Penny on the RB situation

Postby Hindemith on Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:09 pm

HawkBowler wrote:The draft isn't as important as the guys we have right now. We drafted Shaq CB and Carson and Bradley and Reed and Naz Jones and the entire OL and just about every other player cept Seabass B Marsh and the Mingo that ate yo baby!

I would dispute the veracity of the bolded text.
 
Posts: 2159
Joined: Fri May 09, 2014 3:26 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: PC and Penny on the RB situation

Postby D-Trains on Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:19 pm

Hindemith wrote:
HawkBowler wrote:The draft isn't as important as the guys we have right now. We drafted Shaq CB and Carson and Bradley and Reed and Naz Jones and the entire OL and just about every other player cept Seabass B Marsh and the Mingo that ate yo baby!

I would dispute the veracity of the bolded text.


He is batting .400 re: the O line. That's a HOF BA.

dt
 
Posts: 75049
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:31 am
Location: Kirkland, WA

Re: PC and Penny on the RB situation

Postby HawkBowler on Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:20 am

Hindemith wrote:
HawkBowler wrote:The draft isn't as important as the guys we have right now. We drafted Shaq CB and Carson and Bradley and Reed and Naz Jones and the entire OL and just about every other player cept Seabass B Marsh and the Mingo that ate yo baby!

I would dispute the veracity of the bolded text.


I meant the royal we

yeah yeah yeah... so we didn't draft Bradley or the entire OL. What percentage of our roster was drafted? That's the point I was trying to make in a lazy way. Some people are talking on the board as if we have a roster full of free agents because the Hawks no longer know how to draft responsibly.
 
Posts: 15742
Joined: Fri May 15, 2009 7:46 am
Location: Seattle, WA


PreviousNext

Return to Seahawks

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 8 guests

Advertising