Advertising

Re: Power rankings

Postby HawkBowler on Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:38 am

D-Trains wrote:Too bad we are 0-4 in games we could have easily won and 4-0 in games that we won fairly easily.

dt

It does feel like we should be 6-2 instead of 4-4.

Postby HawkBowler on Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:39 am

auroraave wrote:if they miss the playoffs by one game they will have to look back to the Charger game - a completely winnable game the offense bumbled away. It baffles me how RW can be so Jekyll & Hyde - and it seems like it happens more often than not. He just looks checked out or indifferent for chunks of time. I expect more from a vet - especially in the leadership department.

I agree that it was a bad game from Russ. But when it comes to consistency, he's better than you give him credit for. Wilson is one of the most consistent QBs in the game.

Postby Michael K 2 on Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:07 pm

Russ played a bad game, especially by his standards. But we allowed the Chargers 17.5 yards per completion and 7.3 yards per rush! That is freaking brutal, especially when you consider the Chargers basically curled up into a ball the second half when they felt our offense couldn't do jack against them.

We lost by 8 to a team that couldn't kick extra points or FGs, but we sure allowed them plenty of opportunities to try and do both. How many times did we pin them deep with a punt only to allow two or three first downs before finally forcing a punt? The Defense was shitty.

Postby HawkBowler on Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:49 pm

Elliot Harrison wrote:Got hazed by a Seahawks fan I met at the airport for being lazy. He said I was pulling generic stats when, in my blurb for Chargers- Seahawks in the Week 9 Game Picks, I noted how many chunk runs the Chargers have manufactured this season. Well, I am not one to take glee at another's misfortune, so I won't say anything. Anyway, important win for the Bolts in a tough place to play. (OK, so now I will mention that the Chargers' runners produced gains of 28, 16, 34, 20, 21 and 14 yards. That's a helluva lot of 10-plus-yard runs for a single game. Oh, let's get back to the column ...) Close call there at the end, as it appeared Jahleel Addae tweaked that last Russell Wilson offering jusssssssssssst a smidge ... but it was enough for big W.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... ake-throne

Our run defense needs to improve dramatically.

Postby Don Gorgon on Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:56 pm

yea it was pointed out to me how the run totals were about equal but it seems like the Chargers were more effective, that explosive play thing Pete talks about

Postby D-Trains on Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:43 pm

Don Gorgon wrote:yea it was pointed out to me how the run totals were about equal but it seems like the Chargers were more effective, that explosive play thing Pete talks about

Rams have given up the most 40+ yard pass plays in the NFL.

dt

Postby Don Gorgon on Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:59 pm

how many is that?

Postby D-Trains on Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:04 pm

Don Gorgon wrote:how many is that?

This one goes to 11. See below.

1. When the Rams play, Todd Gurley II scores.

Specifically, Los Angeles’ 6-foot-1, 224-pound running back has found the end zone in 12 consecutive games, which is a Rams franchise record. His 16 touchdowns are the second most through nine games in NFL history (trailing only Jim Brown, who had 17 touchdowns in 1958).

The Seahawks, of course, understand what they’ll be up against Sunday. In his past two games against Seattle, Gurley has amassed 293 total yards and seven touchdowns. The Seahawks enter the game allowing an average of 4.8 yards per carry this season, which is tied for 26th in the NFL.

In nine games this season, Gurley has rushed for 868 yards, 4.8 yards per carry and 12 touchdowns and added 362 receiving yards and four receiving scores. He’ll add to those totals Sunday … and odds are, he’ll score again.

2. The addition of defensive end Dante Fowler Jr. didn’t pay dividends.

At least, not right away.

ADVERTISING

After trading for the Jaguars’ former third overall pick last week, Fowler finished with just one tackle in the Rams’ loss to New Orleans last weekend. In fact, the entire Los Angeles defense failed to sack Saints standout quarterback Drew Brees.

It’ll be interesting to see if Fowler can make more of an impact Sunday against a Seahawks offensive line that allowed four Chargers sacks last weekend. Still, defensive tackle Aaron Donald — who has 10 sacks in nine games this season — remains the more immediate concern.

3. The Rams’ pass defense is vulnerable.

We’re not just saying that because Brees completed 69.4 percent of his passes last week, throwing for 346 yards and four touchdowns (though he did).

We’re saying it because these 8-1 Rams have allowed more passes of 40 yards or more (11) than any team in the NFL. They also rank 25th in opponent passer rating (96.8). And their best cornerback, Aqib Talib, remains on injured reserve in the wake of ankle surgery.

In a narrow Week 5 loss to Los Angeles, Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson completed 13 of 21 passes for 198 yards and three touchdowns. There’s no reason to think he can’t improve upon those numbers on Sunday.

4. Los Angeles’ receiving corps is healthier than last time.

Remember that 33-31 Seahawks loss on Oct. 7, when Rams wide receivers Brandin Cooks and Cooper Kupp both left the game with head injuries?

Well Cooks and Kupp are both back, and that’s bad news for the Seahawks secondary.

In the loss in New Orleans last week, Cooks led the Rams with six catches for 114 yards and a touchdown. After missing the previous two games with a knee injury, Kupp added six catches for 89 yards and a 41-yard score.

Add Cooks and Kupp to Robert Woods, and the Rams tout perhaps the most balanced, dynamic receiving corps in the NFL.

5. The Rams have not lost at home this season.

But it hasn’t always been easy.

Since decimating the Arizona Cardinals 34-0 on Sept. 16, the Rams have defeated three quality opponents — the Chargers, Vikings and Packers — by an average of seven points at home.

The Seahawks, meanwhile, have won three consecutive road games — if you count the win over the Raiders in London as a road game — after dropping their first two to start the season. According to the Westgate Las Vegas SuperBook, they enter the week as a whopping 10-point underdog, however.

The combined record of the three teams the Seahawks have bested on the road is 6-18. So it’s safe to say they’ve yet to encounter a challenge quite like the one they’ll see Sunday.

Postby D-Trains on Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:09 pm

Hawks need to go 5-3 to top the M's winning %. What an insane year this has been.

dt

Postby HawkBowler on Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:34 am

Man, did you all see the full on beat down of the Panthers last night? 52-21

I still think the Panthers will make the playoffs but this is very humbling. Could be a good thing since it happened in November instead of December. I can't imagine what the board would be like if the Hawks gave up a 50 burger.

PreviousNext

Return to Seahawks