Advertising

The Evolution of Russell Wilson

Postby Anthony3 on Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:58 pm

 
Posts: 216
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:50 pm

Re: The Evolution of Russell Wilson

Postby McFrisky on Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:48 pm

RW is ELITE!
Last edited by McFrisky on Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
Posts: 3449
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:04 am
Location: Louisville, KY

Re: The Evolution of Russell Wilson

Postby HawkBowler on Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:18 am

aurorave has been asking for the evolution of Wilson for like five years now. :-)
 
Posts: 16142
Joined: Fri May 15, 2009 7:46 am
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: The Evolution of Russell Wilson

Postby Michael K 2 on Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:00 am

HawkBowler wrote:aurorave has been asking for the evolution of Wilson for like five years now. :-)


So has Sherman, and even after he watched him dissect the defense first hand he couldn't give him props. So glad that guy is infecting someone else's locker room now!
 
Posts: 11294
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:36 am
Location: Wenatchee, WA

Re: The Evolution of Russell Wilson

Postby Rotman on Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:59 am

GO Russell GO. Can't wait to visit a game :D
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:56 am

Re: The Evolution of Russell Wilson

Postby auroraave on Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:42 pm

Michael K 2 on Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:00 am

HawkBowler wrote:
aurorave has been asking for the evolution of Wilson for like five years now. :-)


So has Sherman, and even after he watched him dissect the defense first hand he couldn't give him props. So glad that guy is infecting someone else's locker room now!


In football, in any sport (and in life) you always have to be evolving. Coaching, playing, it's imperative. Stagnation will kill you. Since Wilson's early days I've been preaching about evolving the offense - specifically because of the Sherman's of the world - because as special as that defense was - that level of play was unsustainable - thus the necessity to evolve Wilson and the offense in order to stay competitive. It's simply looking at the bigger picture of the team - everyone should've seen the demise of that defense - and then what? You have a luxury of a franchise QB - so you have to evolve that side of the ball - repeating that level of defensive dominance is statistically near impossible.

People get too caught up in the immediate - and disregard the long game. None of this has ever been a knock on RW - it's a very basic concept of projecting how the team would change in the future and how evolution would be necessary to sustain competitiveness. This isn't rocket science - but it's the exact situations strong front offices are always getting ahead of. Beating Minnesota this Monday is the immediate goal and objective of the team - preparing for 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 is the goal and objective of the front office. People spend too much time looking to be sated in the immediate with crap like fantasy football, when the most intriguing and challenging aspect of running a franchise is played out in a bigger picture. I've said it before - read Bill Walsh's books on franchise building - unless that isn't interesting to you. Mind blowing knowledge.

Not expecting or demanding evolution out of any player is utterly absurd - ESPECIALLY from the QB position. This is 101 level stuff.
 
Posts: 5431
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:19 pm
Location: Beverly Hills, CA

Re: The Evolution of Russell Wilson

Postby Michael K 2 on Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:33 pm

auroraave wrote:In football, in any sport (and in life) you always have to be evolving. Coaching, playing, it's imperative. Stagnation will kill you. Since Wilson's early days I've been preaching about evolving the offense - specifically because of the Sherman's of the world - because as special as that defense was - that level of play was unsustainable - thus the necessity to evolve Wilson and the offense in order to stay competitive. It's simply looking at the bigger picture of the team - everyone should've seen the demise of that defense - and then what? You have a luxury of a franchise QB - so you have to evolve that side of the ball - repeating that level of defensive dominance is statistically near impossible.


Yet, this team seems to be better now that they have gone backwards, throw less run more. Why does evolving always have to mean doing what everyone else is doing? To me that is evolving as well. Russ didn't need to throw more to be more effective, or to be the most effective QB for this team.

auroraave wrote:People get too caught up in the immediate - and disregard the long game. None of this has ever been a knock on RW - it's a very basic concept of projecting how the team would change in the future and how evolution would be necessary to sustain competitiveness.


If by disregardint the future you mean failing to acquire even a decent back up let alont his replacement than I agree. They have pretty much made Russ the future.

auroraave wrote:This isn't rocket science - but it's the exact situations strong front offices are always getting ahead of. Beating Minnesota this Monday is the immediate goal and objective of the team - preparing for 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 is the goal and objective of the front office. People spend too much time looking to be sated in the immediate with crap like fantasy football, when the most intriguing and challenging aspect of running a franchise is played out in a bigger picture. I've said it before - read Bill Walsh's books on franchise building - unless that isn't interesting to you. Mind blowing knowledge.


How is Russ being here going to hinder 2019 and beyond? Fantasy football is irrelevant to this topic as Russ operates in probably the least favorable Fantasy Football offense in all the NFL, yet still puts up mind blowing Fantasy Numbers. Bill Walsh operated without a salary cap, so his ideas may not be as relevant today as one might want to believe.

auroraave wrote:Not expecting or demanding evolution out of any player is utterly absurd - ESPECIALLY from the QB position. This is 101 level stuff.


Who has said they want Russ to be the same player every year and never evolve?
 
Posts: 11294
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:36 am
Location: Wenatchee, WA

Re: The Evolution of Russell Wilson

Postby ThePro on Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:56 pm

auroraave wrote:
Michael K 2 on Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:00 am

HawkBowler wrote:
aurorave has been asking for the evolution of Wilson for like five years now. :-)


So has Sherman, and even after he watched him dissect the defense first hand he couldn't give him props. So glad that guy is infecting someone else's locker room now!


In football, in any sport (and in life) you always have to be evolving. Coaching, playing, it's imperative. Stagnation will kill you. Since Wilson's early days I've been preaching about evolving the offense - specifically because of the Sherman's of the world - because as special as that defense was - that level of play was unsustainable - thus the necessity to evolve Wilson and the offense in order to stay competitive. It's simply looking at the bigger picture of the team - everyone should've seen the demise of that defense - and then what? You have a luxury of a franchise QB - so you have to evolve that side of the ball - repeating that level of defensive dominance is statistically near impossible.

People get too caught up in the immediate - and disregard the long game. None of this has ever been a knock on RW - it's a very basic concept of projecting how the team would change in the future and how evolution would be necessary to sustain competitiveness. This isn't rocket science - but it's the exact situations strong front offices are always getting ahead of. Beating Minnesota this Monday is the immediate goal and objective of the team - preparing for 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 is the goal and objective of the front office. People spend too much time looking to be sated in the immediate with crap like fantasy football, when the most intriguing and challenging aspect of running a franchise is played out in a bigger picture. I've said it before - read Bill Walsh's books on franchise building - unless that isn't interesting to you. Mind blowing knowledge.

Not expecting or demanding evolution out of any player is utterly absurd - ESPECIALLY from the QB position. This is 101 level stuff.


Nah, you were being a douche.Never said anything about him "evolving" Just trying to save face now. Its aiight we still love you...
 
Posts: 2547
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:13 am


Return to Seahawks

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Advertising