Advertising

Re: DJ Fluker signed..

Postby D-Trains on Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:57 pm

Don Gorgon wrote:sure...the comment i responded to as I remember was along the lines of, if they don't bring in a safety, that is a FA, that indicates they plan to pick one in the first round. Maybe i am misinterpreting it, but in that sense i don't see that sort of direct relationship. We are going to need someone to start at safety, ok we will draft one

Maybe if they had a bunch of picks and didn't need to trade down but still, yeah, they usually take the BPA.

dt

Postby Don Gorgon on Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:15 pm

and i may be sticking my neck out again but I think they draft more to physical talent than football skill. They will draft a guy they project as a starter by his physical ability but I don't think they would assume it as a rookie, they expect to have to coach him up first

Postby Don Gorgon on Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:46 pm

OT...looked at an ESPN article projecting last seasons starters, had this to say about the Oline

a shot at Cable lol...
Offensive line (9): Duane Brown, Ethan Pocic, Justin Britt, D.J. Fluker, Germain Ifedi, George Fant, J.R. Sweezy, Joey Hunt, Jordan Simmons

This group should be better than it has been in recent years now that Mike Solari has replaced Tom Cable and Brown is healthy and in the starting lineup for a full season. It will get tested right away with some of the NFL’s best pass-rushers on the Seahawks’ early-season schedule. Over the first five weeks, they face Von Miller, Khalil Mack, Demarcus Lawrence, Chandler Jones and Aaron Donald. Gulp.

Postby D-Trains on Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:20 pm

Don Gorgon wrote:OT...looked at an ESPN article projecting last seasons starters, had this to say about the Oline

a shot at Cable lol...
Offensive line (9): Duane Brown, Ethan Pocic, Justin Britt, D.J. Fluker, Germain Ifedi, George Fant, J.R. Sweezy, Joey Hunt, Jordan Simmons

This group should be better than it has been in recent years now that Mike Solari has replaced Tom Cable and Brown is healthy and in the starting lineup for a full season. It will get tested right away with some of the NFL’s best pass-rushers on the Seahawks’ early-season schedule. Over the first five weeks, they face Von Miller, Khalil Mack, Demarcus Lawrence, Chandler Jones and Aaron Donald. Gulp.

Wow, absolutely nailed it.

dt

Postby Don Gorgon on Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:00 am

Belichick trading for Bennett

New England will hope to fill Flowers' production with veteran Michael Bennett. New England was finalizing a trade with the Eagles to acquire the 33-year old on Wednesday. When the trade is completed, Bennett will join his fourth NFL team. He is coming off nine sacks in 2018 with Philadelphia and has had at least five sacks each of the past seven seasons.

Bennett is set to make about $7.2 million in 2019, the second season of the three-year, $30 million extension he signed with the Seahawks.

Bennett confirmed the trade in an interview with ESPN on Tuesday, saying he was excited to join the Patriots and coach Bill Belichick, who he referred to as ''the Yoda of football.''

''The Patriots are a team that people love to hate because they always win,'' Bennett told ESPN on Tuesday. ''The opportunity to learn from that and be in that environment is good.''

Belichick is obviously preoccupied with free agency

If any coaches are hoping to emulate the "Patriot Way" this offseason, then they better get on the next flight to Barbados, because apparently, that's the place to be when you're trying to prepare for free agency.

In what can only be described as the ultimate power move, Patriots coach Bill Belichick didn't spend his final weekend before free agency like most coaches, trying to figure out how to make his team better, nope, he jumped on a plane with his longtime girlfriend, Linda Holliday, and headed to one of the Caribbean's most southern islands: Barbados.

Postby HawkBowler on Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:51 am

In what can only be described as the ultimate power move, Patriots coach Bill Belichick didn't spend his final weekend before free agency like most coaches, trying to figure out how to make his team better, nope, he jumped on a plane with his longtime girlfriend, Linda Holliday, and headed to one of the Caribbean's most southern islands: Barbados.

It's the only time he can take a vacation. The Pats might grab one or two players in FA but they're never major players.

Postby Don Gorgon on Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:04 am

sure, that being the point, they leave FA to the Browns and Raiders of the league and amuse themselves with winning the SB ever other year or so

Postby D-Trains on Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:19 am

Don Gorgon wrote:sure, that being the point, they leave FA to the Browns and Raiders of the league and amuse themselves with winning the SB ever other year or so

I wonder if he acquired his GF in FA or a trade. Either way, nice pick up.

https://www.google.com/search?q=bill+be ... YH7WAW4OIM:

Postby HawkBowler on Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:19 am

Don Gorgon wrote:sure, that being the point, they leave FA to the Browns and Raiders of the league and amuse themselves with winning the SB ever other year or so

There was a ten year gap of Lombardi trophies before they cheated us in the Super Bowl.

Postby Don Gorgon on Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:23 am

well they been doing pretty good lately

PreviousNext

Return to Seahawks