Advertising

Sad Day for Seattle Sports

Postby openup58 on Thu May 09, 2019 1:36 pm

As expected, Kam Chancellor an Doug Baldwin have been waived for cap reasons.
These guys are two of the greatest players ever to put on a Seahawk uniform.
I want to thank both of these fine citizens/athletes for everything they have done for the community and for the team.
Kam and Doug should be enshrined into the Ring of Honor immediately as both players are true Seattle legends.

We will miss you greatly and maybe one day hope to see you as a coach for our team

Re: Sad Day for Seattle Sports

Postby HawkBowler on Thu May 09, 2019 3:01 pm

I still have a problem with Doug's mock dump in the Super Bowl, but other than that he had a great career with Seattle. Same goes for Kam.

Postby rockycola on Thu May 09, 2019 5:09 pm

openup58 wrote:As expected, Kam Chancellor an Doug Baldwin have been waived for cap reasons.
These guys are two of the greatest players ever to put on a Seahawk uniform.
I want to thank both of these fine citizens/athletes for everything they have done for the community and for the team.
Kam and Doug should be enshrined into the Ring of Honor immediately as both players are true Seattle legends.

We will miss you greatly and maybe one day hope to see you as a coach for our team

Both were great and I miss them both already.
The beat goes on................

Postby marinersbdynasty on Thu May 09, 2019 6:36 pm

HawkBowler wrote:I still have a problem with Doug's mock dump in the Super Bowl, but other than that he had a great career with Seattle. Same goes for Kam.

Check your private messages.

Postby VOR on Fri May 10, 2019 10:46 am

Very Sad.

The weird thing is that this was done as much to help the players as anything. Because they have been released, they can keep their entire signing bonus.

Postby HawkBowler on Wed May 29, 2019 4:11 pm

Sad day for the once mighty ST Seahawks forum. Over run by Hindu spammers. Guys like DT stealing away all the posters to his new Mariners board. Sad.

Postby rockycola on Thu May 30, 2019 1:04 pm

HawkBowler wrote:Sad day for the once mighty ST Seahawks forum. Over run by Hindu spammers. Guys like DT stealing away all the posters to his new Mariners board. Sad.

Good grief! Then Make the Seahawks Forum Great again, hb.
Spammers stole the forum. dt and others created an opportunity for a much better SeaHawks, Mariners, Huskies, etc. forum.
The Times poorly mis- or un-managed it into oblivion. It was a sad number of decaying years that necessitated a change.
The ship had sunk. If change wasn't inevitable we'd all still be driving Ford Pintos and Chevy Corvairs and cyclamate would still be a common artificial sweetener (bladder cancer, damage to testes).

Postby HawkBowler on Thu May 30, 2019 5:49 pm

rockycola wrote:Good grief! Then Make the Seahawks Forum Great again, hb.
Spammers stole the forum. dt and others created an opportunity for a much better SeaHawks, Mariners, Huskies, etc. forum.
The Times poorly mis- or un-managed it into oblivion. It was a sad number of decaying years that necessitated a change.
The ship had sunk. If change wasn't inevitable we'd all still be driving Ford Pintos and Chevy Corvairs and cyclamate would still be a common artificial sweetener (bladder cancer, damage to testes).

Ha, I still see Camaros and Mustangs out there, all is not lost. 8 track was better than cassette... it should have been the dominate music media all the way up to the CD.

So MSFGA huh? Not sure that's possible without major outside interference. Why can't Seattle Times put a link to the forum somewhere on the home page? Just a tiny one. We used to have hundreds of people posting, sometimes all at once. I guess you're right, those buffalo are dead at this point.

Postby marinersbdynasty on Thu May 30, 2019 8:36 pm

Forums in general seem to be a dying breed. Apparently, millennials just find them too slow and tedious to bother with. Besides, there just isn't the level of ego gratification that you can get from being an anonymous poster on a place like this compared to posting on your own Facebook and Twitter accounts.

Postby HawkBowler on Fri May 31, 2019 7:32 pm

marinersbdynasty wrote:Forums in general seem to be a dying breed. Apparently, millennials just find them too slow and tedious to bother with. Besides, there just isn't the level of ego gratification that you can get from being an anonymous poster on a place like this compared to posting on your own Facebook and Twitter accounts.

Yeah but then you're working for big brother in my opinion. Here, at least in the past, people really spoke their mind without regard for likes or shares or some other feedback. In fact, you were likely to receive the opposite, which I think is constructive to thought formation and writing in general.

Return to Seahawks