Advertising

Re: Postmortem: Wilson v Mahomes

Postby Plasma Cuttter on Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:30 pm

Wilson was on fire today. Glad they beat KC so we can rub it in at the new office in KC later this week.

SJ
Lead Welder

Postby McFrisky on Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:17 am

i was hoping Al Michaels and Chris Collinsworth would go into some detail about how loud we are. i don't know who has more false starts. i actually wish decibels were measured and recorded every game.

We are dangerous. #1 rushing attack. Plug and play offfensive line who like to punish people. We have an evolving defense with KJ and Bobby back together now. We have Russell Wilson who stated the other day that he is feeling as good as ever now (hobbled during season?). So! Maybe Russell will take off on a keeper now? More often? More explosive plays per game?

We have the number 1 QB-WR tandem in the league, in Tyler Lockett ( "No 'E'") and Russell, and that's through 15 games. A perfect rating of 158.3 for a QB-WR tandem has happened only once in the history of the NFL(?), and that was Drew Brees and Robert Meacham. i swear, Tyler is just too good. When he's not catching the ball, he's collecting P.I. calls.

i could see it in their faces; this running attack is wearing people out.

Pressure: i don't know how many hurries and pressures we generated but we did get a sack and hit Mahomes 11 times. If we play Dallas, i get the feeling we can get to Dak.

Our secret weapon is Michael Dickson. What if he had a career day?

If we stop with the holding penalties and don't feed SeaBass pizza, beer and sausages, watch out.

Postby HawkBowler on Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:50 am

SeaBass looks a little frazzled the last couple of weeks. I don't think a diet would help that.

The strength of our secondary is our corners: Flowers, Shaq, Coleman, King

Only the Bears can stop the Hawks rushing attack. We're unlikely to face the Bears in the playoffs.

Pete Caroll's teams have over 50 wins with no losses when leading by four or more points at halftime. Seahawks 14, Chiefs 10.

Russell Wilson is the best QB in the NFC playoffs.

vshare ios

Postby theteamblogging on Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:24 am

vshare
vshare download
vshare market
vshare apk
vshare helper
vshare ios

He shot two men and injured nine other people before shooting himself dead in Jacksonville, Florida. The Madden NFL 19 event was being ...

Postby auroraave on Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:20 am

trharder on Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:12 am

auroraave wrote:
...The Balls of Steel Award goes to Russell Wilson. Late in the game after KC scored and Seattle needed first downs to burn clock - he goes and drops a 45 yard surface to surface bomb to Lockette that would make Dick Cheney smile. That took Balls of Steel. The mini bomb to Baldwin - and he now has Two Balls of Steel (awards). That was just ridiculous. SO, yeah, Mahomes, you're having a career year, but Wilson is having a career - recognize that sh*t.

The two swapping jerseys at the end warmed the usually-icy cockles of my heart..

Good post, Auro. The above caught my eye because I had similar thoughts during and after the game. Collinsworth stated RW may be the best deep-ball-thrower in the league and then used replay to illustrate. Collisworth is one of the best commentators and played receiver himself, so, legit. RW has landed a remarkable number of these type of passes this year. At one point early in the season I heard several refer to these passes as "50/50 balls" and inferring it was incumbent on the receiver to be the difference. One such pass was even called a "hail Mary" on here. If you look at the tape of any single one of these receptions, you could arguably say that. But now with a good sample size, the stats are saying something totally different. Credit the receivers, for sure, but that many long-ball hook-ups vs. 6 picks is a strong statement by RW.

I think the 50/50 and/or hail mary comments were likely just inadvertent. We all know a hail may is a designed play, usually go routes to the end zone. The deep balls, like the beauty to Lockett, are basic one-on-one isolation routes where the QB looks off any over the top coverage help and leads the receiver to an open area. Most route trees are designed to clear out coverage areas leaving a receiver isolated one on one. Yeah, his deep ball is pretty. The arc on that Locklet bomb will be studied and tough for years by OC's and QB coaches. Only problem with it is you need a QB that can execute - and you need a deep isolation route, ideally with no safety help over the top, cause the play takes a moment to develop. Then, it's up to the receiver to go get it. It's really surprising how many of these, statistically, Seattle has converted - it is not a high percentage play, and is usually seen with bigger receivers like a Julio Jones, Smith-Schuster, who can 'go up and get it' against smaller DB's. I would love to see RW get a big receiver like that. I suppose Dissly fits that description, but he is not a deep ball guy. They need to find a beast receiver in the draft.

Interesting statistical notes...

Seahawks defense is statistically very average in most metrics... but they are 11th in scoring, and the offense ranks 18th in total yardage, they're sixth in scoring. Sixth! That, to me, is astonishing. Oh, and they are number one in rushing (but you knew that) and number one in turnovers with a plus-14. Those last two lead to the first two. If they can keep this level of play up, imagine this group with a couple more ballers on both sides of the ball.

Postby D-Trains on Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:48 am

I have always wondered why on a hail mary they send every receiver to the same corner of the end zone. Seems it would have a lot better chance of of a completion if you send one guy down the middle of the field and then have him break to the opposite corner at the last second. I have never seen it done but I bet it would work at least a few times before it was figured out.

dt

Postby HawkBowler on Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:52 am

aurorave wrote:Seahawks defense is statistically very average in most metrics... but they are 11th in scoring, and the offense ranks 18th in total yardage, they're sixth in scoring. Sixth! That, to me, is astonishing. Oh, and they are number one in rushing (but you knew that) and number one in turnovers with a plus-14. Those last two lead to the first two. If they can keep this level of play up, imagine this group with a couple more ballers on both sides of the ball.

#1 rushing team + highly efficient passing game = #6 scoring.

Wilson's 34 TD passes ranks #3 in the league behind Mahomes and Luck. Both of those guys threw the ball more than a hundred times more than Russ.

Postby D-Trains on Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:01 am

auroraave wrote:
trharder on Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:12 am

auroraave wrote:
...The Balls of Steel Award goes to Russell Wilson. Late in the game after KC scored and Seattle needed first downs to burn clock - he goes and drops a 45 yard surface to surface bomb to Lockette that would make Dick Cheney smile. That took Balls of Steel. The mini bomb to Baldwin - and he now has Two Balls of Steel (awards). That was just ridiculous. SO, yeah, Mahomes, you're having a career year, but Wilson is having a career - recognize that sh*t.

The two swapping jerseys at the end warmed the usually-icy cockles of my heart..

Good post, Auro. The above caught my eye because I had similar thoughts during and after the game. Collinsworth stated RW may be the best deep-ball-thrower in the league and then used replay to illustrate. Collisworth is one of the best commentators and played receiver himself, so, legit. RW has landed a remarkable number of these type of passes this year. At one point early in the season I heard several refer to these passes as "50/50 balls" and inferring it was incumbent on the receiver to be the difference. One such pass was even called a "hail Mary" on here. If you look at the tape of any single one of these receptions, you could arguably say that. But now with a good sample size, the stats are saying something totally different. Credit the receivers, for sure, but that many long-ball hook-ups vs. 6 picks is a strong statement by RW.

I think the 50/50 and/or hail mary comments were likely just inadvertent. We all know a hail may is a designed play, usually go routes to the end zone. The deep balls, like the beauty to Lockett, are basic one-on-one isolation routes where the QB looks off any over the top coverage help and leads the receiver to an open area. Most route trees are designed to clear out coverage areas leaving a receiver isolated one on one. Yeah, his deep ball is pretty. The arc on that Locklet bomb will be studied and tough for years by OC's and QB coaches. Only problem with it is you need a QB that can execute - and you need a deep isolation route, ideally with no safety help over the top, cause the play takes a moment to develop. Then, it's up to the receiver to go get it. It's really surprising how many of these, statistically, Seattle has converted - it is not a high percentage play, and is usually seen with bigger receivers like a Julio Jones, Smith-Schuster, who can 'go up and get it' against smaller DB's. I would love to see RW get a big receiver like that. I suppose Dissly fits that description, but he is not a deep ball guy. They need to find a beast receiver in the draft.

Interesting statistical notes...

Seahawks defense is statistically very average in most metrics... but they are 11th in scoring, and the offense ranks 18th in total yardage, they're sixth in scoring. Sixth! That, to me, is astonishing. Oh, and they are number one in rushing (but you knew that) and number one in turnovers with a plus-14. Those last two lead to the first two. If they can keep this level of play up, imagine this group with a couple more ballers on both sides of the ball.

I am actually not surprised at all by that. They have been highly efficient all season offensively with plenty of shoot outs. You don't need to throw the ball 50 times a game to score points.

dt

Postby D-Trains on Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:03 am

HawkBowler wrote:
aurorave wrote:Seahawks defense is statistically very average in most metrics... but they are 11th in scoring, and the offense ranks 18th in total yardage, they're sixth in scoring. Sixth! That, to me, is astonishing. Oh, and they are number one in rushing (but you knew that) and number one in turnovers with a plus-14. Those last two lead to the first two. If they can keep this level of play up, imagine this group with a couple more ballers on both sides of the ball.

#1 rushing team + highly efficient passing game = #6 scoring.

Wilson's 34 TD passes ranks #3 in the league behind Mahomes and Luck. Both of those guys threw the ball more than a hundred times more than Russ.

Maybe we should keep RW. :P

dt

Postby ThePro on Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:16 am

aurorave wrote:Seahawks defense is statistically very average in most metrics... but they are 11th in scoring, and the offense ranks 18th in total yardage, they're sixth in scoring. Sixth! That, to me, is astonishing.

I would also like to add....

Bevell and Cable suck a**

PreviousNext

Return to Seahawks