Advertising

Road Warriors

Postby HawkBowler on Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:38 am

Ticket punched. Postseason afterlife secured. Happy new year Y'all!

If we beat the Cardinals next week... let me start again... after we beat the Cardinals next week we will have the #5 seed sending us to Dallas.

The Eagles go on the road to play the Redskins. After beating powerhouse teams in the Rams and Texans the last couple of weeks, they're primed to win this one as well.

Vikings host the Bears. Clearly a tougher matchup. Both teams have something to play for, which might be the only game left of this kind.

I think both the Bears and Cowboys will be equally difficult to beat. I prefer going into Dallas because whoever goes into Chicago is going to get beat up... even if they end up prevailing. We match up well with the Cowboys. I expect a much better game, given they've already played us and they're at home playing in front of a Cowboy base that's absolutely starved for some postseason success.

If we can make it out of the opening round, the ideal travel location looks to be LA. I watched a little of their second half against the Eagles. The Rams were dominated and their crowd had turned against them. That or maybe they were never for them, as it's been for the Rams in many home games this season. Gurley is also banged up.

The Saints, on the other hand, have never lost a home playoff game in the Peyton Brees era. They don't have a home crowd problem at all. Saints fans will be rabid and confident in victory. They too are starved from a long absence of playoff success.

We've gotta be like The Warriors from that 1979 classic. Falsely accused of killing the gang warlord Cyrus, "Can you dig it", stuck in the Bronx with every gang in New York looking for them, no choice but to BOP their way back to Coney Island.

Re: Road Warriors

Postby HawkBowler on Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:00 am

2001 -- Rams last home playoff win in the Divisional round against the Packers. The LA Rams haven't won a home playoff game since 1985.
2006 -- Bears last home playoff win, beating the No. 4 seed Seattle Seahawks 35–24 in the Divisional Round.
2014 -- Cowboys last home playoff win, wild-card round over the Lions (Romo, Whiten, Dez team)
2017 -- Saints last home playoff win, wildcard against Panthers 31-26. Before that it was 2011.

Postby McFrisky on Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:27 am

crazy: Eagles could get in and cause some problems and we would host the NFC Championship?

Postby McFrisky on Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:14 pm

i swear, Nick Foles can PLAY! i said it last year before Wentz went all world on the league.

The Eagles can get in the playoffs and wreck teams.

Postby D-Trains on Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:05 pm

HawkBowler wrote:Ticket punched. Postseason afterlife secured. Happy new year Y'all!

If we beat the Cardinals next week... let me start again... after we beat the Cardinals next week we will have the #5 seed sending us to Dallas.

The Eagles go on the road to play the Redskins. After beating powerhouse teams in the Rams and Texans the last couple of weeks, they're primed to win this one as well.

Vikings host the Bears. Clearly a tougher matchup. Both teams have something to play for, which might be the only game left of this kind.

I think both the Bears and Cowboys will be equally difficult to beat. I prefer going into Dallas because whoever goes into Chicago is going to get beat up... even if they end up prevailing. We match up well with the Cowboys. I expect a much better game, given they've already played us and they're at home playing in front of a Cowboy base that's absolutely starved for some postseason success.

If we can make it out of the opening round, the ideal travel location looks to be LA. I watched a little of their second half against the Eagles. The Rams were dominated and their crowd had turned against them. That or maybe they were never for them, as it's been for the Rams in many home games this season. Gurley is also banged up.

The Saints, on the other hand, have never lost a home playoff game in the Peyton Brees era. They don't have a home crowd problem at all. Saints fans will be rabid and confident in victory. They too are starved from a long absence of playoff success.

We've gotta be like The Warriors from that 1979 classic. Falsely accused of killing the gang warlord Cyrus, "Can you dig it", stuck in the Bronx with every gang in New York looking for them, no choice but to BOP their way back to Coney Island.

Bears don't have anything to play for unless you think the Rams will lose to the 49ers which isn't happening.....

dt

Postby Hindemith on Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:08 pm

I wouldn't sell SF too short. They have played fairly well the past two weeks, beating the Seahawks and staying within a score of the Bears. If they keep the game close against the Rams, the Bears won't be letting their foot off the gas. But sure, the Vikings will be playing with more at stake. Should be a good game. Interestingly, that game, the Seahawks game, and the Eagles-Redskins game will all start at 1:25 pm.

Postby TACOMA is my destiny on Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:49 pm

McFrisky wrote:i swear, Nick Foles can PLAY! i said it last year before Wentz went all world on the league.

The Eagles can get in the playoffs and wreck teams.

And so can the Seahawks. They can play with anybody, but they can't kill themselves with stupid penalties & expect to win road games vs LA or NO. But if everything is equal, the Hawks can win this thing.

Stay focused.... let's win another SuperBowl!!!

tutuapp free

Postby theteamblogging on Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:09 am

tutu app
tutu app download
tutu app free
tutuapp vip

This app the best one there's on the market, besides the app store. If you choose to download Tutuapp, you'll be able to download.

Postby HawkBowler on Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:07 am

Postby SonsofHan on Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:49 am

I think both the Cowboys and the Hawks have improved after the week 4 Seahawks victory.
Injury roll Only Tre Madden FB doubtful, and Sweezy is questionable did not end week with Full practice.
Doug Baldwin WR Knee DNP LP FP (-)

Duane Brown T Knee DNP DNP FP (-)

Chris Carson RB NIR DNP LP FP (-)

Mike Davis RB Foot DNP LP FP (-)

D.J. Fluker G/T Hamstring LP LP FP (-)

Shaquill Griffin CB Ankle DNP DNP FP (-)

Dion Jordan DE Knee FP FP FP (-)

Tre MaddenFB Hamstring DNP DNP DNP Doubtful

Bradley McDougald FS Knee gtg
J.R. Sweezy Questionable
Tedric Thompson will play

More concerning is the IR guys
Player
Amara Darboh I liked Moore early but maybe Darboh would finally push him by showing something in games.
Ricky Ali'ifua
Emmanuel Beal
Kam Chancellor He was the leader probably best team 1st attitude from the LOB
Jamarco Jones
Will Dissly He looked great early on could be the MVP of the IR list
Earl Thomas HOF safety
Delano Hill He has flashed why he was a high pick now out :x
Jordan Simmons Flashed some really good play filling in and with Sweezy questionable and Fluker recently hurt as well.
Mychal Kendricks
Wagner has been healthy but KJ has been hurt a lot Kendrick as a solid player was also an asset
C.J. Prosise We have good depth

Next

Return to Seahawks