Advertising

How has Shaquem Griffin played this year???

Postby dunbargomes on Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:35 am

Im a Chiefs fan and liked Shaquem Griffin coming out of college. How has he played this year? I noticed he has not had many tackles this season. Anyways good game last week. Hopefully Mahomes can turn into Russel Wilson. Wilson is underrated and has shown the type of character traits you would want in a team leader.

P.S. Please come back to the AFCW we can kick out the Chargers.thegadgetwire.com/panda-helper/ thegadgetwire.com/tutuapp/ thegadgetwire.com/appvalley/
Last edited by dunbargomes on Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:34 am

Re: How has Shaquem Griffin played this year???

Postby D-Trains on Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:10 am

Welcome to the Hawks forum.

He got the start in game one and was completely out of sorts and out of his league and was pulled mid game. Really nothing to do with being one handed. He has really only seen playing time on special teams where I think he has been ok. Definitely a disappointing year relative to all of the hype but he is a rookie so there is still hope for success down the road.

dt
 
Posts: 78170
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:31 am
Location: Kirkland, WA

Re: How has Shaquem Griffin played this year???

Postby ThePro on Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:11 am

He sucks... He's not even excelling on special teams. I thought he would use his speed like Ricardo Lockette.. nope.
 
Posts: 2697
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:13 am

Re: How has Shaquem Griffin played this year???

Postby D-Trains on Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:13 am

ThePro wrote:He sucks... He's not even excelling on special teams. I thought he would use his speed like Ricardo Lockette.. nope.


Bummer. Yeah I hadn't really heard, just assumed that with his speed he would be making something happen on STs.

dt
 
Posts: 78170
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:31 am
Location: Kirkland, WA

Re: How has Shaquem Griffin played this year???

Postby ThePro on Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:19 am

D-Trains wrote:
ThePro wrote:He sucks... He's not even excelling on special teams. I thought he would use his speed like Ricardo Lockette.. nope.


Bummer. Yeah I hadn't really heard, just assumed that with his speed he would be making something happen on STs.

dt


The most disturbing thing I see when I watch him play is his diagnostics. It is bad. Aaron Curry bad. Second he doesn't shed blocks well and gets manhandled by lead backs and TE.

Like you said. He is a rookie he could develop.
 
Posts: 2697
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:13 am

Re: How has Shaquem Griffin played this year???

Postby HawkBowler on Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:46 am

Shaq is a misfit, not because of the missing hand, but because of his size and what he does best. He should be playing safety but his best position is MLB where he's too light. He could be a good player at OLB but he has a lot to learn. We shall see.
 
Posts: 16451
Joined: Fri May 15, 2009 7:46 am
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: How has Shaquem Griffin played this year???

Postby ThePro on Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:12 pm

HawkBowler wrote:Shaq is a misfit, not because of the missing hand, but because of his size and what he does best. He should be playing safety but his best position is MLB where he's too light. He could be a good player at OLB but he has a lot to learn. We shall see.


How do you know MLB is his best position? Furthermore you want someone that makes bad reads like that at Safety? I don't get it.
 
Posts: 2697
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:13 am

Re: How has Shaquem Griffin played this year???

Postby D-Trains on Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:47 pm

ThePro wrote:
HawkBowler wrote:Shaq is a misfit, not because of the missing hand, but because of his size and what he does best. He should be playing safety but his best position is MLB where he's too light. He could be a good player at OLB but he has a lot to learn. We shall see.


How do you know MLB is his best position? Furthermore you want someone that makes bad reads like that at Safety? I don't get it.


Maybe he meant Major League baseball. Jim Abbott was a damn good one handed pitcher. Even threw a no hitter.

dt
 
Posts: 78170
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:31 am
Location: Kirkland, WA

Re: How has Shaquem Griffin played this year???

Postby openup58 on Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:42 pm

To me he never got a fair chance at LB when KJ went down. To me he is a much better LB than Carlito was this year.
His special teams play has been fantastic as he is always the first one down to make contact/ or the tackle.
During the off season do not be surprised he is tried out at safety along with McDougald. This to me is his natural position, and will be a much better at pass coverage and take over from Tedric Thompson, who is too under sized to play at safety.
To me his grade is incomplete this year, but if I must I would give him a B+ on special teams
 
Posts: 4535
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:13 pm
Location: Troutdale, OR

Re: How has Shaquem Griffin played this year???

Postby D-Trains on Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:48 pm

Thompson is listed as 2 inches taller and two lbs heavier than ET.
 
Posts: 78170
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:31 am
Location: Kirkland, WA

Next

Return to Seahawks

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: HawkBowler and 9 guests

Advertising