Advertising

Re: How has Shaquem Griffin played this year???

Postby ThePro on Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:29 pm

openup58 wrote:To me he never got a fair chance at LB when KJ went down. To me he is a much better LB than Carlito was this year.
His special teams play has been fantastic as he is always the first one down to make contact/ or the tackle.
During the off season do not be surprised he is tried out at safety along with McDougald. This to me is his natural position, and will be a much better at pass coverage and take over from Tedric Thompson, who is too under sized to play at safety.
To me his grade is incomplete this year, but if I must I would give him a B+ on special teams

If he's the "first one down" why are there two more players on the team with more tackles than him?

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/player-stat/defense-special-teams-total-tackles

Shaq had a chance to play OLB . The position was given to him after KJ Wright got hurt. He was so terrible the Hawks signed a player they knew was going to get suspended to replace him.

I don't understand why you think S is his natural position? He can't even play LB . There is more coverage at S and he hasn't shown he is able to cover anyone. You are seeing something no one else is seeing.

Postby openup58 on Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:37 pm

D-Trains wrote:Thompson is listed as 2 inches taller and two lbs heavier than ET.

They broke the mold when they made Earl Thomas, he is the blue print an all time greatest at that position.
So you can not compare him to anyone. He is a special breed.

Griffin once he has a season under his belt will most likely be the starter at safety IMO and yes I Must be seeing something other do not, same as his last college coach compared to his first college coach. As much as i hate to say it as I love him, but KJ will most likely become a salary cap becuase of his injuries and Griffin could even slide into his spot. Don't under estimate him, he has the heart of lion just like Earl.

Postby Don Gorgon on Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:50 pm

Norton had some good things to say about him after the Chiefs game

Subbing in sparingly for K.J. Wright, who was making his first appearance since Week 10, Griffin’s contributions were still felt.

“It was good to see, again, another rookie making an impact for us,” Seahawks defensive coordinator Ken Norton Jr. told reporters Wednesday. “I feel that any time I need him to go in, it’s going to be no drop-off. Very impressed and excited about what he’s doing and his future with the team.”

Expectations have been high for the rookie his first season in the NFL and his coaches are now watching him start to grow.

“The biggest progress for him is confidence,” Norton explained. “Really understanding the pro game, learning how to use his speed, learning how to use his footwork, learning how to study, learning how to take care of his body over a long period of time, really sitting back and watching the veterans – how they prepare and approach games and how they consistently stay at a high level.”

Postby Don Gorgon on Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:55 pm

and this, up there with Prince Harry

After pulling off arguably one of the greatest NFL combine performances in history, it comes as little surprise that Shaquem Griffin finished 2018 as one of the most searched names on Google.

Wearing his white UCF uniform, Griffin’s face appeared alongside the likes of Megan Markle and Prince Harry, LeBron James and Cardi B in a two-minute compilation video the company released of its year in review.

Postby ThePro on Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:19 am

openup58 wrote:
D-Trains wrote:Thompson is listed as 2 inches taller and two lbs heavier than ET.

They broke the mold when they made Earl Thomas, he is the blue print an all time greatest at that position.
So you can not compare him to anyone. He is a special breed.

Griffin once he has a season under his belt will most likely be the starter at safety IMO and yes I Must be seeing something other do not, same as his last college coach compared to his first college coach. As much as i hate to say it as I love him, but KJ will most likely become a salary cap becuase of his injuries and Griffin could even slide into his spot. Don't under estimate him, he has the heart of lion just like Earl.

Weren't you making the argument that Thompson didn't have the size to play S? Same height as Griffin. You do realize you have to cover offensive players running routes to play S? They literally pull Griffin out on passing downs. You can have the heart of a lion but are too stupid to read your keys it doesn't matter.

Postby D-Trains on Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:20 am

Don Gorgon wrote:Norton had some good things to say about him after the Chiefs game

Subbing in sparingly for K.J. Wright, who was making his first appearance since Week 10, Griffin’s contributions were still felt.

“It was good to see, again, another rookie making an impact for us,” Seahawks defensive coordinator Ken Norton Jr. told reporters Wednesday. “I feel that any time I need him to go in, it’s going to be no drop-off. Very impressed and excited about what he’s doing and his future with the team.”

Expectations have been high for the rookie his first season in the NFL and his coaches are now watching him start to grow.

“The biggest progress for him is confidence,” Norton explained. “Really understanding the pro game, learning how to use his speed, learning how to use his footwork, learning how to study, learning how to take care of his body over a long period of time, really sitting back and watching the veterans – how they prepare and approach games and how they consistently stay at a high level.”

It is interesting that is identical twin brother who had nearly an identical upbringing, same high school, same college didn't have the same issues. Interesting case study for genetics researchers I would imagine......

dt

Postby D-Trains on Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:55 am

Just seems weird that one gets it and one seems almost Clueless. They've had the same coaching their entire lives.

Postby D-Trains on Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:56 am

Maybe linebackers more difficult to play than corner

Postby ThePro on Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:31 am

D-Trains wrote:Maybe linebackers more difficult to play than corner

It's not.. corner one of the most difficult positions to play.

Postby ThePro on Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:33 am

D-Trains wrote:Just seems weird that one gets it and one seems almost Clueless. They've had the same coaching their entire lives.

There's more than intelligence at work here. Griffin is undersized for the position. He can't be hesitant in anything he does . He has to use his speed to get around blockers at this level. Seems like he is overthinking the process.

PreviousNext

Return to Seahawks