Advertising

DangerRuss Wilson

Postby HawkBowler on Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:28 pm

We have a good over-all team with a nice symbiotic relation between the way the offense and defense plays. But what will determine our destiny more than anything is the play of Wilson.

Russ has been on a tear the last 10 weeks or so. He's thrown over 30 TDs with very few picks. This last game Wilson had a pick that was eerily similar to the SB vs the Patriots. Wilson telegraphed the pass, threw it high, and once again #83 was blown up for the pick. This time Moore instead of Locket. I hope that was Wilson getting the bad blood out of his system because we need him to play perfect ball if we're going to get back to the promise land.

The Bears are the only team in the NFC playoffs that can stop our ground attack. Fortunately, we will not play them unless both teams reach the NFCCG. That means we should be in good shape in terms of controlling the clock and field position. Granted, we can't have all the special teams f^ck ups like we had with the Cardinals. But if we play our normal game we should be in a close game regardless if it's against Rams, Saints or Cowboys.

Wilson's ability to run in key situation, to not turn the ball over... to continue to hit the TD passes... this is what puts us over the top.

Re: DangerRuss Wilson

Postby 57reasons on Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:43 pm

Heaps and Salk this morning were putting most of the blame for that Oskie on Moore, thinking it poor effort on his part, same way many blamed Kearse and Lockette in SB.

Postby ThePro on Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:50 pm

It was a half -a**ed effort for the ball but Wilson threw it.

Postby sandiron on Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:02 pm

I agree. The defense has been playing at a consistent level; good,not LOB. The running offense has been very good. If Wilson plays well; accurate, no head ducking,self sacks, no turnovers, Seattle becomes a a very good team.Missed opportunities, turnovers, self sacks will result in exiting from the playoffs. Wilson is the variable; might be the deciding factor.

Postby Michael K 2 on Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:14 pm

ThePro wrote:It was a half -a**ed effort for the ball but Wilson threw it.

I felt like Wilson threw it were he was supposed to be, if Moore runs instead of jogs the DB has to run threw him to get to the ball. Moore looked like dogs **** on Sunday.

Postby D-Trains on Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:17 pm

Michael K 2 wrote:

I felt like Wilson threw it were he was supposed to be, if Moore runs instead of jogs the DB has to run threw him to get to the ball. Moore looked like dogs **** on Sunday.

A little early in his career to get complacent. Maybe they should let him know that he can make more than the 7th round money that he is making now if he gets a second contract.

dt

Postby HawkBowler on Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:12 am

Michael K 2 wrote:

I think it's just the play in general. If the DB knows it's coming, and he did, he has all the momentum coming forward while the receiver is trying to cut across the field.

Again, though, it's on Russ because if he throws that ball either low or more into the chest of the receiver, there's no way to pick off the pass.

Postby Michael K 2 on Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:28 pm

HawkBowler wrote:Again, though, it's on Russ because if he throws that ball either low or more into the chest of the receiver, there's no way to pick off the pass.

It was a throw thrown with timing....he threw it as Moore was coming out of his break. If Moore runs the route it's a catch....since he didn't the ball was in front of him and the DB was able to pick it off. I am not saying it wasn't a good play by the DB, because he made a great read and jumped the route....but it was a pathetically lazy route.

We ask why the Seahawks don't throw more timing routes, why the never seem to be in rhythm. That is probably why....Russ doesn't trust his damn receivers to be were they are supposed to be so he won't throw it until they are.

Sorry, that route and the post corner route David Moore ran were awful. I benched Pop Warner receivers for running routes like that....LAZY!

Postby ThePro on Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:54 pm

HawkBowler wrote:
Michael K 2 wrote:

I think it's just the play in general. If the DB knows it's coming, and he did, he has all the momentum coming forward while the receiver is trying to cut across the field.

Again, though, it's on Russ because if he throws that ball either low or more into the chest of the receiver, there's no way to pick off the pass.

David Moore thought he was gonna get the PI just like Lockette in Superbowl 49.. Fight for the damn ball don't expect the ref to bail you out.

Postby Michael K 2 on Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:06 pm

Or explode out of the break like the play is designed and then you don't need PI because the throw will hit you in the damn chest and you can make the catch. Sorry, they showed the replay and I was floored that a 7th round draft pick would play that way. He looked like an 8 year veteran going through the motions in a week 1 preseason game.

Seriously, if I had been Pete I would have sat just about everyone in the 4th quarter, and when asked if I did it because the game didn't matter anymore I would have said "no, I did it because they were playing like the game didn't matter." Russ and the Defense, I honestly felt like those were the only players that even had a pulse.

Like I said, I benched many a Pop Warner WR for running routes like David Moore ran them on Sunday....and the funny thing is they would come off the field and look at me and say "I know, I ran a lazy route...sorry coach." It sounds dumb, but I lost a lot or respect for our WRs Sunday. They left their QB out to dry, all because they came in thinking the game didn't matter and it was the lowly Cards and all they had to do was pad up. It was pretty gross really.

Next

Return to Seahawks