Advertising

God I hate articles like this...........

Postby D-Trains on Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:50 pm

So should they just keep them on just because they are black even though every one of their teams suck??? This type of nonsense just perpetuates racism imo. Hire and fire people based on their qualifications and success, not skin color and there will be nothing to be "concerned" about.

https://theundefeated.com/features/futu ... f-firings/

Re: God I hate articles like this...........

Postby ThePro on Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:36 pm

D-Trains wrote:So should they just keep them on just because they are black even though every one of their teams suck??? This type of nonsense just perpetuates racism imo. Hire and fire people based on their qualifications and success, not skin color and there will be nothing to be "concerned" about.

You're white.

Postby BaseHitDerby on Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:01 pm

ThePro wrote:
D-Trains wrote:So should they just keep them on just because they are black even though every one of their teams suck??? This type of nonsense just perpetuates racism imo. Hire and fire people based on their qualifications and success, not skin color and there will be nothing to be "concerned" about.

You're white.

Too bad like 95% of head coaches to win the SB are white.

Postby ThePro on Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:04 am

BaseHitDerby wrote:
Too bad like 95% of head coaches to win the SB are white.

Yup, no racism here. That's reflective of the racist hiring practices of the NFL not the greatness of white coaches.

The NFL rarely hires black coaches. If it wasn't for the Rooney rule they wouldn't even interview black candidates. They aren't doing that now. It isn't reflective of the labor force . 70 % of the players are black. Good enough to play and dominate in the league unfit to be in a management position.

If articles like this make you angry that's your privilege showing.

D-Trains wrote: Hire and fire people based on their qualifications and success, not skin color and there will be nothing to be "concerned" about.

Thos isn't happening at all.

Postby auroraave on Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:12 am

The real truth is that race has absolutely nothing to do with it. You win - you keep your job. It's sad race-baiting articles like this that are not designed to inform, but to manufacture rage and discontent that are the problem. You cannot say that there are not enough (fill in any "minority") coaches, while ignoring that the racial balance of the league is not fair either. What, it's 'fair' to have 70% black players, but it's not fair to have 70% white coaches? Huh? You can't have it both ways. Only simpleton's don't get that. Another silly pot-stirring article by a libtard who has a deadline and nothing to write about so they try to manufacture white vs black rage. Please. If you have a brain you can see right through it. And how exactly is Ron Rivera a factor? Utterly nonsensical article. The best man should get the job, period. Making it a race issue is just a sad worn out cliche... unless you want to make the race of the players an issue, too. Maybe throw in gender bias, too. Again, you can't have it both ways. But that's classic liberal media hypocrisy for you - zero common sense. I guess we're ignoring the fact that Marvin Lewis had sixteen years - and nothing to show for it. So, he should keep his job because he's black? Um, that's the definition of racism right there. Oh, but we can't point that out, right? lol! Riiiight. Who's next in line for the Bengals job? The guy that just got run out of Cleveland he was so bad - and then the Brown's immediately became competitive. So, he should get the job, because he's black, right? Where's all the (fake) rage at PC and JS? Should we fire them and bring in Marvin Lewis because he's black? That's gonna be a hard no for me. These articles and the fake rage that follows them always crack me up. Think for yourself.

news flash - only the lowest common denominator falls for these silly articles - that's why they write them - because the lowest common denominator cannot think for themselves, so they have to be told what to think. Usually it paints them LCD's as victims - so they aren't responsible for themselves. Another newsflash - you ARE responsible for yourself. Wanna keep your job as an NFL head coach - you better win... like PC.

Postby ddraig on Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:17 am

Every NBA team should be required to have at least two Asians on it, Two women, Two Australian Indigenous People of either sex, Two Transgender people, Two gays, and two lesbians. That's twelve. Sorry, no room for anyone else! The only way you could add people is if you have a transgender Asian, counting for two. Then perhaps you could have an Australian Lesbian. Double up on the categories and you may be able to bring in some actual basketball players.

There is a girl in Texas who just won the female wrestling championship in her weight class for the second straight year. For the past couple of years, she's been taking testosterone injections to transition to being a male. What happens in professional sports when a male athlete gets testosterone injections? Is it a banned substance?.

Postby HawkBowler on Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:57 am

The NFL has the Rooney rule for head coaches and it works. Black head coaches are over-represented given their overall numbers in coaching. The problem is that not enough young black men are entering coaching coming right out of college. That and the NFL chews up head coaches and spits them out. It's the nature of the sport.

I do think that some bad coaches held onto their jobs simply because they were black. Hue Jackson has never been a good coach. His Cleveland team went 3-36 before he was finally fired. Marvin Lewis is a good regular season coach but he can't win in the playoffs. He should have been fired years ago.

I heard on the NFL Network some pundits were saying that the problem is the owners. That they don't feel 'comfortable' hiring black head coaches. That's completely ridiculous in my view. It's about winning. The NFL is a meritocracy that can't afford to play identity politics. Winning coaches keep their jobs, losing coaches get canned. Period.

Postby ThePro on Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:57 am

Auroraave wrote:What, it's 'fair' to have 70% black players, but it's not fair to have 70% white coaches? Huh?

The hiring process for players and coaches is vastly different. You just have to be good to make it as a player. You have to win a Superbowl your first season to make it as a minority coach or you'll get fired and never hired again. The Hue Jacksons and Marvin Lewis of the world are an oddity not the norm.

Postby ThePro on Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:58 am

ddraig wrote:Every NBA team should be required to have at least two Asians on it, Two women, Two Australian Indigenous People of either sex, Two Transgender people, Two gays, and two lesbians. That's twelve. Sorry, no room for anyone else! The only way you could add people is if you have a transgender Asian, counting for two. Then perhaps you could have an Australian Lesbian. Double up on the categories and you may be able to bring in some actual basketball players.

Why would they do that? Your bigotry is showing.

Postby ddraig on Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:07 am

ThePro wrote:
ddraig wrote:Every NBA team should be required to have at least two Asians on it, Two women, Two Australian Indigenous People of either sex, Two Transgender people, Two gays, and two lesbians. That's twelve. Sorry, no room for anyone else! The only way you could add people is if you have a transgender Asian, counting for two. Then perhaps you could have an Australian Lesbian. Double up on the categories and you may be able to bring in some actual basketball players.

Why would they do that? Your bigotry is showing.

And yours is a mile wide, my friend. If everything requires a quota so as not to "offend" someone, then the logical solution is....

Car 54, we have a 30-24 in progress at the corner of Stetson and Grable. The suspect is a, um, person, who is vertically challenged. They have a gender and yes, they have a race but we can't tell you either. In fact, we can't tell you what they look like because it isn't politically correct to do so. Just pick somebody up and bring them in, but don't make the mistake of wrongly accusing anyone!

Gonna be pretty tough in the future for the authorities to protect any of us from violent or personal crimes. Ain't political correctness wonderful?

Next

Return to Seahawks