Advertising

Re: God I hate articles like this...........

Postby ThePro on Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:19 am

“Capitalism does not permit an even flow of economic resources. With this system, a small privileged few are rich beyond conscience, and almost all others are doomed to be poor at some level. That’s the way the system works. And since we know that the system will not change the rules, we are going to have to change the system.”
-?Dr. Martin Luther King jr.

“Of all the forms of inequality, injustice in health care is the most shocking and inhumane.”
-Dr. Martin Luther King jr.

“We didn’t land on Plymouth Rock, Plymouth Rock landed on us.” — Malcolm X
-Malcolm X

“The common goal of 22 million Afro-Americans is respect as human beings, the God-given right to be a human being. Our common goal is to obtain the human rights that America has been denying us. We can never get civil rights in America until our human rights are first restored. We will never be recognized as citizens there until we are first recognized as humans.”
- Malcolm X

Don't ever quote Malcolm X or Martin Luther King jr to me boy.. You will end up looking quite foolish.
 
Posts: 2692
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:13 am

Re: God I hate articles like this...........

Postby David Gee 24 on Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:26 am

ThePro wrote:
David Gee 24 wrote:
Don't bother trying to reason with ThePro, this is just what he does. He's a little nebbish pipsqueak who has this disorder Now, some people are better at some jobs. I am going after the nursing ranks to the NBA. Look at the NBA: It would appear that a certain type of person has earned those very desirable jobs. he can't stop himself.


How do you know this?


I've known a few nurses.
 
Posts: 2681
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:09 pm
Location: Costa Mesa, CA

Re: God I hate articles like this...........

Postby ThePro on Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:29 am

trharder wrote:
ThePro wrote:It's impossible for a minority to be racist..dips*** . Prejudice yes.. racist impossible.
They have dictionaries everywhere. You can look this stuff up for yourself.


I have always avoided these threads, but Pro, WTF?

racist
WordNet Dictionary
Noun 1. racist - a person with a prejudiced belief that one race is superior to others
Synonyms: racialist
Adj. 1. racist - based on racial intolerance; "racist remarks"
2. racist - discriminatory especially on the basis of race or religion
Synonyms: anti-semite, antiblack, anti-Semitic

racism noun
rac·​ism | \ˈrā-ˌsi-zəm also -ˌshi-
Definition of racism
1 : a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race
2a : a doctrine or political program based on the assumption of racism and designed to execute its principles
b : a political or social system founded on racism
3 : racial prejudice or discrimination


Absolutely.. Racism describes a system of disadvantages based on race. Minorities do not have the resources and/or power to make this happen. How can we discriminate? In what way do we try to prove superiority? Impossible. A minority can only be prejudiced not racist. Read the definition you just posted. Sometimes people very foolishly call me a racist? Ignorance personified. Am I guilty of any if these things? Only thing I am guilty of is refusing to say racism doesn't exist. You have to be white in the first place to make that statement.
 
Posts: 2692
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:13 am

Re: God I hate articles like this...........

Postby ThePro on Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:29 am

David Gee 24 wrote:
ThePro wrote:
David Gee 24 wrote:
Don't bother trying to reason with ThePro, this is just what he does. He's a little nebbish pipsqueak who has this disorder Now, some people are better at some jobs. I am going after the nursing ranks to the NBA. Look at the NBA: It would appear that a certain type of person has earned those very desirable jobs. he can't stop himself.


How do you know this?


I've known a few nurses.


I'm not a nurse.
 
Posts: 2692
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:13 am

Re: God I hate articles like this...........

Postby David Gee 24 on Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:47 am

ThePro wrote:
David Gee 24 wrote:
ThePro wrote:[

How do you know this?


I've known a few nurses.


I'm not a nurse.


And you wonder why nobody here takes you seriously or considers you to be even mildly intelligent. Now hold your hand over your head, palm facing down, then move it backwards really fast and yell "WHOOSH" followed by an Arnold Horshack laugh.
 
Posts: 2681
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:09 pm
Location: Costa Mesa, CA

Re: God I hate articles like this...........

Postby HawkBowler on Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:01 am

“Capitalism does not permit an even flow of economic resources. With this system, a small privileged few are rich beyond conscience, and almost all others are doomed to be poor at some level. That’s the way the system works. And since we know that the system will not change the rules, we are going to have to change the system.”
--MLK


The problem is that socialism also creates a 1% vs 99% scenario. The Bolshevicks made this argument when they took over Russia. They took out all the rich business leaders which depressed the economy and then they set up their own 1% of party leaders vs the rest of the 99% of the population.

Capitalism creates wealth. Socialism destroys it. There are evils to capitalism, sure, but what's the alternative? The revolutionary doesn't concern themselves with a practical plan. The issue is never the issue, it's about revolution. This is why it's really scary that we have American politicians now openly calling themselves socialists. They should be treated like communist or fascist pariah, but every young generation seems to think they can make it work where other societies failed at the same task. The reason it doesn't work is due to human egoism. We want what's best for ourselves and our families. We don't really care about the state of other people. We certainly don't want our labor to go to others.
 
Posts: 16419
Joined: Fri May 15, 2009 7:46 am
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: God I hate articles like this...........

Postby ThePro on Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:00 pm

David Gee 24 wrote:
And you wonder why nobody here takes you seriously or considers you to be even mildly intelligent. Now hold your hand over your head, palm facing down, then move it backwards really fast and yell "WHOOSH" followed by an Arnold Horshack laugh.


My God you're strange... and not funny at all. The internet tough guy act was old years ago and you aren't gaining acceptance with your "friends"
 
Posts: 2692
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:13 am

Re: God I hate articles like this...........

Postby SonsofHan on Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:50 pm

ThePro wrote:
trharder wrote:
ThePro wrote:It's impossible for a minority to be racist..dips*** . Prejudice yes.. racist impossible.
They have dictionaries everywhere. You can look this stuff up for yourself.


I have always avoided these threads, but Pro, WTF?

racist
WordNet Dictionary
Noun 1. racist - a person with a prejudiced belief that one race is superior to others
Synonyms: racialist
Adj. 1. racist - based on racial intolerance; "racist remarks"
2. racist - discriminatory especially on the basis of race or religion
Synonyms: anti-semite, antiblack, anti-Semitic

racism noun
rac·​ism | \ˈrā-ˌsi-zəm also -ˌshi-
Definition of racism
1 : a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race
2a : a doctrine or political program based on the assumption of racism and designed to execute its principles
b : a political or social system founded on racism
3 : racial prejudice or discrimination


Absolutely.. Racism describes a system of disadvantages based on race. Minorities do not have the resources and/or power to make this happen. How can we discriminate? In what way do we try to prove superiority? Impossible. A minority can only be prejudiced not racist. Read the definition you just posted. Sometimes people very foolishly call me a racist? Ignorance personified. Am I guilty of any if these things? Only thing I am guilty of is refusing to say racism doesn't exist. You have to be white in the first place to make that statement.


Racism does not have that caveat. The BS you are spewing are not your original thoughts. Those statements come from inter-sectional feminist theory, 3rd wave feminism, which are both products of the Frankfurt School which were a bunch of Western Marxist. Congrats, you are spewing a bunch of rhetoric from the minds of failed Western Marxists from pre-WW2 Germany. A bunch of really educated cultist. Lucky for us those academics caught wind of the purge coming and they fled to our friendly shores and found homes in our countries universities. The message caught your ear. You are a racist you look at the tremendous wealth of billionaires such as Opera, and Jay Z with dark skin and say they earned it. You look at inequalities and advantages possessed by people with dark skin and say they earned it. You look at people who you don't consider equals and attack. You are the racist. It is not some white hillbilly that controls institutions in Western societies it is the progeny of our universities. Our universities force students to take diversity classes. Those classes our mostly taught by misguided angry 3rd wave inter-sectional feminists who preach the word treason. So it is you who is the person with bigoted racial prejudice who is acting with institutional power upon those with less social standing than you.
 
Posts: 1173
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:45 pm

Re: God I hate articles like this...........

Postby hawkmagic on Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:49 pm

We're all prejudiced and racist because we live in an American society. Realize this... and then deal with it at a self/personal level.
 
Posts: 1058
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:21 pm

Re: God I hate articles like this...........

Postby ddraig on Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:01 pm

I'll try one more time to "reason" with Pro. I know it won't sink in, but I'll try because I want him to understand where I'm coming from. So.....

Pro, I've been discriminated against, not because I have a few drops of African-American blood (More than Rachel Dolezal), but because I'm Catholic. Yes, I was turned down from a job because of my religion. No what? I moved on. But here's what I really want you to understand. I had a job where I was to work with people of all races, creeds, colors, and genders. Every one of them, to a person, told me that the next time I was in-country, I was to stay in their home and not a hotel. Think about that for a minute. If I thought you were racist, sexist, had a problem with my religion or gender, would I ask you into my home for two weeks?

White privilege? Think about that for a minute as well. How many whites are living below the Poverty Line? Twice as many Whites (14,000+) as Blacks (7,000+). There are 9,000+ Hispanics. And about that racism charge? Only 1,600 Asians. According to the numbers, Whites are discriminated against twice as much as Blacks. But what about that low number of Asians? If the U.S. is soooooooooo racist and has a white privilege problem, wouldn't the number of 1,600 be far higher? Or do you classify Asians as being White? If you can't have uniformity in the statistics across the board, then I call BUNK to your opinion!

I don't expect this to change your mind because you are firmly convinced the world is out to get you. Think, however, that if the U.S. was racist, how in the hell did Mr. Obama get elected not only once, but twice? There are ar more white voters in the U.S. than Blacks, Latinos, or Asians. So how did that happen?

I'm not saying racism doesn't exist, but that those espousing racism are illiterate imbeciles. My money is just as green as yours and that is all I see when working with others. You could be purple, orange, puce, or magenta and I don't care. If you have more ability in a job than I do, great! But don't ever call me racist. I can bring forth evidence from far more people in many more countries that you'll ever visit that will be able to contradict your narrow view of my personality. You need to get out more and look at the country from the ground, not flyover all of it to get from coast to coast. If you've done that, you will have seen a number of wonderful people who don't give a rip what your skin color is. You'll still find a few, but they are not in the majority as you think.
 
Posts: 13539
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:04 pm
Location: Auburn, WA

PreviousNext

Return to Seahawks

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: D-Trains and 5 guests

Advertising