Advertising

Re: Postmortem - Wildcard Edition: Seahawks v Cowboys

Postby footballfanatic06 on Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:53 am

Sea Hawk aholic wrote:Great Article by Aurorave. You nailed it and I hope all of the right people are listening. I was looking at the same WR.

So has anyone heard any rumors about shopping for a new offensive coordinator..? Kicker ? Any good candidates available?

For Pete's sake please get a top notch offensive coordinator... No but seriously this time he needs to go because he's terrible.. Pete please wake up. I don't care what you do just don't bring him back next year.

No matter who you hire it’s always gonna be a run first mentality, but yes a little more creativity would help. I think just about anybody can be a special teams coordinator, I mean it’s not rocket science for god sake. As far as Free Agency goes, identify who your most impactful players were & start there i.e. Clark. Continuity on the line is very important so I think you almost have to bring back Fluker, albeit on the cheaper side. Is there a definite need at Safety. How deep is the draft at that position. That Safety from Bama looks legit, don’t know how high he’ll go.

Again I’ll say it again & people on here will disagree, Russ is not a 30 million dollar player. Brady, Brees, Rodgers yes. Russ no way. More like 20. Why pay someone that kind of money when he’s not the focal point of your offense. 30 million for a guy who throws the ball an average of 25 times. If they could somehow backload that so we have enough space to sign all of our core guys that’d be great.

And yes a new kicker is an absolute must.

Postby auroraave on Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:41 am

No matter who you hire it’s always gonna be a run first mentality, but yes a little more creativity would help. I think just about anybody can be a special teams coordinator, I mean it’s not rocket science for god sake. As far as Free Agency goes, identify who your most impactful players were & start there i.e. Clark. Continuity on the line is very important so I think you almost have to bring back Fluker, albeit on the cheaper side. Is there a definite need at Safety. How deep is the draft at that position. That Safety from Bama looks legit, don’t know how high he’ll go.

Again I’ll say it again & people on here will disagree, Russ is not a 30 million dollar player. Brady, Brees, Rodgers yes. Russ no way. More like 20. Why pay someone that kind of money when he’s not the focal point of your offense. 30 million for a guy who throws the ball an average of 25 times. If they could somehow backload that so we have enough space to sign all of our core guys that’d be great.

Are you saying Wilson is not a $30 million QB because of his skill set, or because of the limitations of the system he is in? I would argue that, the basic economics of the league would center his value around $28-32 million - but there are teams that would hit the $35 mark most likely.

I've posited it here before, but most people can't get past their emotional attachment to RW - but how much is a QB worth, who's sweet spot is basically 18/27 for 225/250 yards a game? Go look through his stat lines for the season - that's where the team has been wildly successful - but usually the running game was adding 100 - 150 YPG. What is the position worth when you are only asking for modest production out of it? I say the $28-$32 mil area is a good market value for that production. It's not RW's fault they aren't using him to his full potential.

Of course, there are many moving parts and variables that effect the production and success of he offense as a whole. The conundrum is about to get real - what value does Seattle place on the QB position? They have gotten great value out of it - and it even minimizes RW's need to have to carry the offense with 300 yard games. So, maybe he's also getting a great deal too. Not to mention the oline has become an asset - while absorbing a lot of injuries.

Gotta get a #1 wide receiver, period. Baldwin's days are numbered - even he would even acknowledge that. Pair a big #1 up with Dissly, that's big able bodied receivers. Guys that can play 'above the rim'.

tick tock on that contract...

Postby auroraave on Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:46 am

Plagiarist!!! :P

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2019/1/6/181 ... 7FrDeUk7as

Exposed! Dude, last week's postmortem was on the front page of Fieldgulls. I'm spending more time over there these days.

Postby D-Trains on Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:08 am

Sea Hawk aholic wrote:Great Article by Aurorave. You nailed it and I hope all of the right people are listening. I was looking at the same WR.

So has anyone heard any rumors about shopping for a new offensive coordinator..? Kicker ? Any good candidates available?

For Pete's sake please get a top notch offensive coordinator... No but seriously this time he needs to go because he's terrible.. Pete please wake up. I don't care what you do just don't bring him back next year.

My sense is they think the OC was a huge success during the regular season and Sunday's performance likely won't change that.

dt

Postby D-Trains on Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:38 am

auroraave wrote:

Are you saying Wilson is not a $30 million QB because of his skill set, or because of the limitations of the system he is in? I would argue that, the basic economics of the league would center his value around $28-32 million - but there are teams that would hit the $35 mark most likely.

I've posited it here before, but most people can't get past their emotional attachment to RW - but how much is a QB worth, who's sweet spot is basically 18/27 for 225/250 yards a game? Go look through his stat lines for the season - that's where the team has been wildly successful - but usually the running game was adding 100 - 150 YPG. What is the position worth when you are only asking for modest production out of it? I say the $28-$32 mil area is a good market value for that production. It's not RW's fault they aren't using him to his full potential.

Of course, there are many moving parts and variables that effect the production and success of he offense as a whole. The conundrum is about to get real - what value does Seattle place on the QB position? They have gotten great value out of it - and it even minimizes RW's need to have to carry the offense with 300 yard games. So, maybe he's also getting a great deal too. Not to mention the oline has become an asset - while absorbing a lot of injuries.

Gotta get a #1 wide receiver, period. Baldwin's days are numbered - even he would even acknowledge that. Pair a big #1 up with Dissly, that's big able bodied receivers. Guys that can play 'above the rim'.

tick tock on that contract...

Totally agree regarding a #1 big WR that can get separation the majority of the time and go up and get 50/50 balls when he doesn't. Number one priority imo.

In regards to RW, I don't think you can say we don't throw as much as most teams so we can settle for a run of the mill QB. Teams will just load the box and force our "Ryan Tannehill" to throw and the offense will be terrible again.

btw our non elite QB had by far the highest QB rating this weekend.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats? ... SER_RATING

I know that we complained that they didn't stick with the run in the first two games and now we are saying that they should have changed it up Sunday after running into a brick wall 27 times but I don't see it as contradictory. A good OC should know when to stick with the run and when they should move off it. That's why they make the big bucks.

dt
Last edited by D-Trains on Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby HawkBowler on Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:45 am

Is Aurora Jeff Blevins?

Postby D-Trains on Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:55 am

HawkBowler wrote:

Is Aurora Jeff Blevins?

Wow, you are quick on the uptake! lol

Postby HawkBowler on Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:58 am

I don't spend much time on Fieldgulls. Did everyone know this except me?

Postby D-Trains on Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:01 am

HawkBowler wrote:I don't spend much time on Fieldgulls. Did everyone know this except me?

Its a fan post.

dt

Postby D-Trains on Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:06 am

Here is an anti Shotty fan post..........

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2019/1/5/181 ... ttenheimer

PreviousNext

Return to Seahawks