Advertising

Spam protection

Postby Michael K 2 on Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:45 am

I am no expert, but simply adding a sentence to a subject that has been dead for weeks so you can bumb down spam doesn't help. I would rather see two topics at or near the top with actual conversation than try to soft through 25 bumped conversations in am attempt to hide spam.

I understand what some are trying to do, but sifting through everything to find an actual discussion is actually more difficult that ignoring obvious spam.
 
Posts: 11482
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:36 am
Location: Wenatchee, WA

Re: Spam protection

Postby Hindemith on Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:57 am

It doesn't work too well if you bump the threads in reverse order. :idea:
 
Posts: 2580
Joined: Fri May 09, 2014 3:26 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: Spam protection

Postby HawkBowler on Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:13 am

Michael K 2 wrote:I understand what some are trying to do, but sifting through everything to find an actual discussion is actually more difficult that ignoring obvious spam.


Some? You know I did it.

So Michael K2 is offering to be the forum moderator. I second the motion. Anyone else?
 
Posts: 16419
Joined: Fri May 15, 2009 7:46 am
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: Spam protection

Postby Livesmatterinthiscountry on Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:31 pm

Michael K 2 wrote:I am no expert, but simply adding a sentence to a subject that has been dead for weeks so you can bumb down spam doesn't help. I would rather see two topics at or near the top with actual conversation than try to soft through 25 bumped conversations in am attempt to hide spam.

I understand what some are trying to do, but sifting through everything to find an actual discussion is actually more difficult that ignoring obvious spam.


It's not just spam. Ever wonder why your computer is running slower and if you are having issues after visiting this site, just use your antivirus, malware, spyware etc programs and you will find it's loaded after you visit this site. It's gotten out of control here.
 
Posts: 3507
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:52 pm

Re: Spam protection

Postby Michael K 2 on Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:45 pm

HawkBowler wrote:
Michael K 2 wrote:I understand what some are trying to do, but sifting through everything to find an actual discussion is actually more difficult that ignoring obvious spam.


Some? You know I did it.

So Michael K2 is offering to be the forum moderator. I second the motion. Anyone else?


I can barely moderate myself! :)

And I said some because there have been other times when it was people besides you. I understand the effort, but opening up a post and clicking to the end to read "bump" or just an * isnt a ton better.
 
Posts: 11482
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:36 am
Location: Wenatchee, WA

Re: Spam protection

Postby rockycola on Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:39 am

Michael K 2 wrote:
HawkBowler wrote:
Michael K 2 wrote:I understand what some are trying to do, but sifting through everything to find an actual discussion is actually more difficult that ignoring obvious spam.


Some? You know I did it.

So Michael K2 is offering to be the forum moderator. I second the motion. Anyone else?


I can barely moderate myself! :)

And I said some because there have been other times when it was people besides you. I understand the effort, but opening up a post and clicking to the end to read "bump" or just an * isnt a ton better.

I'm very guilt on occasion. I'm one of those "people besides you". I do my thing, have an hour of mindless fun and have a clear conscience afterwards.
On bad days I click on their spam handle and send private messages with scathing insults and use every dirty word and politically wrong thoughts that I can think of. It's my declaration of war in a battle that I know I can't win. You never see those. I know it does no good at all besides being something cathartic for me.

Definition of catharsis
a : purification or purgation of the emotions (such as pity and fear) primarily through art
b : a purification or purgation that brings about spiritual renewal or release from tension


Letting the Times in on it will do nothing more than shutting this forum down and then what would we all do?
 
Posts: 13535
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:01 am
Location: Alderwood, WA

Re: Spam protection

Postby D-Trains on Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:24 am

It baffles my as to why this forum gets hit so much harder than the M's forum. Maybe the M's have better pitching. :mrgreen:

dt
 
Posts: 78023
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:31 am
Location: Kirkland, WA

Re: Spam protection

Postby HawkBowler on Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:21 am

rockycola wrote:
Letting the Times in on it will do nothing more than shutting this forum down and then what would we all do?


Ha... that's probably right. If we all complained in unison they would say, "F^ck these guys, just shut it down." LOL
 
Posts: 16419
Joined: Fri May 15, 2009 7:46 am
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: Spam protection

Postby rockycola on Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:24 pm

D-Trains wrote:It baffles my as to why this forum gets hit so much harder than the M's forum. Maybe the M's have better pitching. :mrgreen:

dt

:mrgreen: :wink:
 
Posts: 13535
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:01 am
Location: Alderwood, WA

Re: Spam protection

Postby rockycola on Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:34 pm

HawkBowler wrote:
rockycola wrote:
Letting the Times in on it will do nothing more than shutting this forum down and then what would we all do?


Ha... that's probably right. If we all complained in unison they would say, "F^ck these guys, just shut it down." LOL
You know, it might be a preventative measure to start a private Facebook group or club. There are a couple a peruse, one on Michigan, where I'm from. The originators/moderators are very strict and boot any and all political discussioners off right quick. I also follow a couple in my line of business so it seldom gets off track.

There is absolutely no benefit to them and so I foresee that one day very soon somebody at the Seattle Times will pull the......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... ............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
 
Posts: 13535
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:01 am
Location: Alderwood, WA

Next

Return to Seahawks

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Advertising