Advertising

Saints Got Robbed

Postby HawkBowler on Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:32 pm

That pass interference with less than two minutes to play. Everyone in the stadium saw it including millions watching around the world. How could the refs not see it? That was game over and Saints in the Super Bowl. Cheapens the sport when this happens.

Re: Saints Got Robbed

Postby D-Trains on Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:09 pm

Nah, it was simultaneous in real time. Nobody started complaining until after the replay.

dt

Postby D-Trains on Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:13 pm

The ball was going by the receiver just as the DB made contact. Only difference from a typical pass break up was it was a bad pass so the receiver never got a hand on it. If the pass was on target it would have made simultaneous contact and would have been viewed as a great defensive play. Can't reward the Saints just because it was a bad pass.

Watch it again.........for the first time.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/01/saints ... action-nfc

Postby XpertDBA on Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:20 pm

D-Trains...hate it say it buddy, but you're as blind as a bat.

The announcers knew it was PI, the crowd knew it was PI, everyone watching on TV knew it was PI, even the referees are going to come out sometime this week and admit it was the wrong call, I'll be willing to venture.

You're going to say you're the only person that is right, and the rest of us are wrong?

Postby XpertDBA on Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:23 pm

Postby D-Trains on Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:30 pm

XpertDBA wrote:D-Trains...hate it say it buddy, but you're as blind as a bat.

The announcers knew it was PI, the crowd knew it was PI, everyone watching on TV knew it was PI, even the referees are going to come out sometime this week and admit it was the wrong call, I'll be willing to venture.

You're going to say you're the only person that is right, and the rest of us are wrong?

So when you watched in real time you instantly thought it was PI and the worst non call in history of the NFL like everyone is saying? Even in slow mo it is impossible to tell whether the hit came before the ball went by him.

dt

Postby D-Trains on Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:31 pm

XpertDBA wrote:https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nfl-worst-nightmare-unfolds-orleans-233748295.html

Ha! Even in that photo the ball is right there in view as he hits him. lol

dt

Postby lamda on Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:37 pm

In real time for me I thought it was an obvious PI. He hit him a good second before the ball was there. I sat there amazed it wasn’t called and the replays made it look horrific. I don’t think it was the worst blown call but pretty close.

Postby D-Trains on Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:46 pm

lamda wrote:In real time for me I thought it was an obvious PI. He hit him a good second before the ball was there. I sat there amazed it wasn’t called and the replays made it look horrific. I don’t think it was the worst blown call but pretty close.

A full second??? So how do you explain the ball being right there in the photo as he makes contact???

Watch it again at the 9:45 mark. If you think that is a full second you have no concept of time. At most it was a tenth of a second. Those are non calls all the time. If it was reviewable sure it could have been reversed but I wouldn't even say it is indisputable evidence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nO0KutqWhtw

Postby BaseHitDerby on Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:25 pm

I thought it was PI in real-time. The NFL also admitted there should've been a penalty for a helmet to helmet hit. 2 non-calls in the biggest play of the game going against the Saints. Maybe the NFL wanted the 2nd biggest market in the SB.

Next

Return to Seahawks