Advertising

Re: Saints Got Robbed

Postby D-Trains on Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:22 pm

David Gee 24 wrote:That call is just like the bad calls in our Super Bowl against the Steelers. They influenced the game without a doubt, but the Hawks were also outplayed so while it sucks, you can't say the refs cost the Hawks the game, it was just part of it and what's done is done.

The Saints went into overtime, got the ball first against a defense that they should have scored at will against, coughed it up and lost. If anyone wants to say the call was one of the reasons they lost, that's fair, but but only if you add that was only a small part of it. Unfortunately, today's society of whiners doesn't think that way.

The only way you can ever really realistically flat-out blame the refs for a loss is on a call that either happens with :00 on the clock or in lieu of kneeldowns, when you have zero recourse, and of course even then you can't put it ALL on them the way people want to.

And there you have it. Can't blame the $5M a year coach with his terrible play calls or the $30M a year QB, can only blame the officials.

dt

Postby HawkBowler on Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:01 pm

David Gee 24 wrote:The Saints went into overtime, got the ball first against a defense that they should have scored at will against, coughed it up and lost. If anyone wants to say the call was one of the reasons they lost, that's fair, but but only if you add that was only a small part of it. Unfortunately, today's society of whiners doesn't think that way.

I agree. Although that no-call really affected the Saints for the rest of the game. Sean Peyton was so irate he couldn't concentrate on the game.

The no-call is better than a bad call that decides the game, but still. The call should have been made and the Saints should be in the Super Bowl right now.

Postby HawkBowler on Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:02 pm

D-Trains wrote:And there you have it. Can't blame the $5M a year coach with his terrible play calls or the $30M a year QB, can only blame the officials.

dt

Kind of like expecting Hillary to take the blame for losing the election. :-)

Postby Hindemith on Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:06 pm

David Gee 24 wrote:That call is just like the bad calls in our Super Bowl against the Steelers. They influenced the game without a doubt, but the Hawks were also outplayed so while it sucks, you can't say the refs cost the Hawks the game, it was just part of it and what's done is done.

No they weren't. Go back and look at the stats - Roethlisberger's numbers in particular. The officiating made all the difference in that game.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=260205023

Postby Hindemith on Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:20 pm

HawkBowler wrote:
David Gee 24 wrote:The Saints went into overtime, got the ball first against a defense that they should have scored at will against, coughed it up and lost. If anyone wants to say the call was one of the reasons they lost, that's fair, but but only if you add that was only a small part of it. Unfortunately, today's society of whiners doesn't think that way.

I agree. Although that no-call really affected the Saints for the rest of the game. Sean Peyton was so irate he couldn't concentrate on the game.

The no-call is better than a bad call that decides the game, but still. The call should have been made and the Saints should be in the Super Bowl right now.

Yeah, the non-call occurred in what, more commonly in baseball parlance, is referred to as a "high leverage" situation. It changed what was virtually a sure win into a 60/40 proposition. No single play in the game prior to that had anywhere near that much of an impact on the outcome. Only the interception in OT had that kind of impact on the win probability.

Postby Rozana Spokesman on Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:16 am

I was watching volleyball match between school level. Both were playing well but I was shocked to seen the strategy of the game. Still, I'm thinking about the coach How they planed.

Postby Hindemith on Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:34 am

Welcome back, spam. Looks like the Times isn't going to take the issue seriously.

Postby D-Trains on Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:12 am

Hindemith wrote:Welcome back, spam. Looks like the Times isn't going to take the issue seriously.

Emailed Nick Eaton yesterday asking for him to connect me to the person dealing directly with the situation because he said he wasn't that guy. No response. I can not fathom what is going on down there.

dt

Postby XpertDBA on Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:11 pm

I'll tell you one thing......

If Roger had taken immediate action (even as late as 30 minutes after the game), which is his right and power as NFL commissioner under the NFL rules and made the decision that the call was egregious (which it definitely was), and had the teams play the game out from the point of the infraction, he would be the BIGGEST cult sports hero of the last century.

Sadly, he turned into the biggest and most idiotic coward in the history of sports. He and his office have still not officially even COMMENTED on the incident.

Eff you, Roger

Postby D-Trains on Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:38 pm

XpertDBA wrote:I'll tell you one thing......

If Roger had taken immediate action (even as late as 30 minutes after the game), which is his right and power as NFL commissioner under the NFL rules and made the decision that the call was egregious (which it definitely was), and had the teams play the game out from the point of the infraction, he would be the BIGGEST cult sports hero of the last century.

Sadly, he turned into the biggest and most idiotic coward in the history of sports. He and his office have still not officially even COMMENTED on the incident.

Eff you, Roger

Definitely crazy that he hasn't made a statement about it but not surprising given what a terrible leader he is but replaying anything sets a pretty crazy precedent. Only time I can remember that every happening in Sports history is the George Brett Pine tar game and that would more of a whacked out technicality as opposed to something that happens within the framework of nearly every game.

dt

PreviousNext

Return to Seahawks