Advertising

Re: Saints Got Robbed

Postby David Gee 24 on Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:50 pm

Hindemith wrote:
David Gee 24 wrote:That call is just like the bad calls in our Super Bowl against the Steelers. They influenced the game without a doubt, but the Hawks were also outplayed so while it sucks, you can't say the refs cost the Hawks the game, it was just part of it and what's done is done.

No they weren't. Go back and look at the stats - Roethlisberger's numbers in particular. The officiating made all the difference in that game.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=260205023

Yes they did get outplayed, stats don't mean squat. When the Hawks beat the Broncos they only had 35 more total yards than the Broncos did. Does that mean it was a close game?

The Steelers hit two long touchdowns and drove for a third (and Rottenberger might have or might not have scored on fourth down, nobody can really tell). The Hawks had some nice drives but only scored ten points, and even though they should have had eleven more due to the bad calls, that just makes the game even and there was a lot of time in the game other than when the bad calls happened in which the Hawks could have scored more, not to mention they should have shut the Steeler offense completely down. They should have smoked the Steelers that day, but their poor play combined with horrific officiating added up to that loss. Realistically, if the officiating had been on the level we probably would have had a close game and it would have been far from a guarantee that the Hawks would have won.
Last edited by David Gee 24 on Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby David Gee 24 on Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:53 pm

D-Trains wrote:Definitely crazy that he hasn't made a statement about it but not surprising given what a terrible leader he is but replaying anything sets a pretty crazy precedent. Only time I can remember that every happening in Sports history is the George Brett Pine tar game and that would more of a whacked out technicality as opposed to something that happens within the framework of nearly every game.

dt

Yeah, when you think back to that game it's really bizarre that they ended up counting the home run and restarting the game from that point, but in baseball it's exponentially easier to do and as I recall the Yankees didn't really put up much of a beef. Goose Gossage even said that he shouldn't have given up the home run in the first place.

Postby VOR on Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:35 am

D-Trains wrote:
XpertDBA wrote:I'll tell you one thing......

If Roger had taken immediate action (even as late as 30 minutes after the game), which is his right and power as NFL commissioner under the NFL rules and made the decision that the call was egregious (which it definitely was), and had the teams play the game out from the point of the infraction, he would be the BIGGEST cult sports hero of the last century.

Sadly, he turned into the biggest and most idiotic coward in the history of sports. He and his office have still not officially even COMMENTED on the incident.

Eff you, Roger

Definitely crazy that he hasn't made a statement about it but not surprising given what a terrible leader he is but replaying anything sets a pretty crazy precedent. Only time I can remember that every happening in Sports history is the George Brett Pine tar game and that would more of a whacked out technicality as opposed to something that happens within the framework of nearly every game.

dt

There is no way they could replay for something like this.

That option is reserved for the most egregious situations.

A player is running free past the last defender in OT, and someone on the sidelines does something to stop him that is missed on the field and his team goes on to lose, but clear view on a replay view seen 5 minutes later shows something, that Might be enough.

Postby HawkBowler on Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:43 am

VOR wrote:
There is no way they could replay for something like this.

That option is reserved for the most egregious situations.

A player is running free past the last defender in OT, and someone on the sidelines does something to stop him that is missed on the field and his team goes on to lose, but clear view on a replay view seen 5 minutes later shows something, that Might be enough.

Already happened... did you forget this play:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NpzVqPvfFU

Postby Henna Smith on Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:45 pm

It happened drastically wrong and why did not the refs focused on the situation apart from the officials everyone was agreed on the penalty. Once I had to write my essay in the same situation and the debate I had in the class was very ongoing

Postby Richestsoft on Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:21 am

This is a great little post with some valuable tips. I totally agree. I appreciate the abundantly cherished research material people give as a feature of your substance pieces. Richestsoft is one of the top & Best mobile app development company/web development company in India. we offers mobile app development & web development service at an affordable prices.

Postby AR123 on Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:02 am

This a great forum providing interesting information.
12 Best Android Emulators

Postby HawkBowler on Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:52 pm

Why do we worry about spam?

Seriously?

MK2 might be right... all we ever do is talk about two or three things at the most, so why don't we just keep two or three threads going at the most and ignore the Hindu spam mother truckers?!?!

Postby D-Trains on Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:42 pm

http://sports.mynorthwest.com/597241/st ... uper-bowl/

Lesser of two evils. Go Rams. Death to Brady and his Bunch.

dt

PreviousNext

Return to Seahawks