Advertising

Re: Super Bowl 53

Postby Hindemith on Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:26 pm

The Rams D stunk on that last drive by the Patriots when they knew they were running on every down and still let them drive 72 yards.

Postby D-Trains on Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:28 pm

Hindemith wrote:The Rams D stunk on that last drive by the Patriots when they knew they were running on every down and still let them drive 72 yards.

And the Rams offense stunk on their last 15 drives.

dt

Postby 57reasons on Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:32 pm

D-Trains wrote:
Hindemith wrote:The Rams D stunk on that last drive by the Patriots when they knew they were running on every down and still let them drive 72 yards.

And the Rams offense stunk on their last 15 drives.

dt

yes, it was very similar to the Seahawks D of a few years ago that occasionally tired in the 4th quarter after an otherwise stellar performance because the Cable/Bevell offense didnt ever give them a break.

Postby Activaterokucode on Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:05 am

I always feel that the whole country gets energetic when ever Super Bowl happens. You will get edge of your seats with your blood rushing to your veins whenever the game gets interested. Want to watch super bowl on Roku? Just call us @ +1-888-844-1840 our Toll-free number and our team is ready to assist you in any circumstances. You can also visit Roku.com/link for more details on activation of any channels on Roku.

Postby HawkBowler on Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:51 pm

Patriots worked their game plan. Keep the Rams D on the field. Lots of small ball with the run and passes to Edelman. What a performance from him. He was Jerry Rice like in terms of impact on the game.

What's wrong with Gurley? He had only 4 carries in the NFCCG, and what like 12 in the Super Bowl? A game that was 3-3 midway through the 4th quarter???

Goff really needed Eastern WA sensation Cooper Kupp. He was the bread and butter of that passing game. Goff had no one to go to. Everyone covered up. And Goff is not all that great at creating for himself outside the pocket.

I believe it was the first time in history that all four of the top offensive teams advanced to the championship rounds. And then we have one of the biggest defensive battles in Super Bowl history. Crazy. The Patriots were the first team to get into the red zone and score a TD in the 4th quarter. The only time for either team. I bet this was Pete Caroll's wet dream game.

Postby David Gee 24 on Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:07 pm

As if the game itself weren't enough of a clunker, I had P-3 R-6 on five-dollar squares, and as the Rams got the ball on their last drive I went "Hey, if they make a few plays they're going to do the Madden field goal/onside kick". So they make a few big plays, and as I got ready to do a $ 200 dance Zuerlein honks it. Figures.

Speaking of guys who honked it, check out what Bill Barnwell wrote: http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2592 ... s-did-rams While there certainly is a very valid argument to be made, "percentage of points allowed in relation to their season average" is really badly flawed logic. But that's not the worst part. Barnwell apparently is unaware that in two Super Bowls (the first Dolphins/Redskins and Ravens/Giants), shutouts were averted only by special teams touchdowns. You'd think that a top football writer like Barnwell would know that.

Actually, it gets even worse: he listed the Dolphins/Redskins as one of the top five. I mean, that's the Garo Yepremian Game, how do you brain-fart that one?

Postby HawkBowler on Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:30 am

David Gee 24 wrote:As if the game itself weren't enough of a clunker, I had P-3 R-6 on five-dollar squares, and as the Rams got the ball on their last drive I went "Hey, if they make a few plays they're going to do the Madden field goal/onside kick". So they make a few big plays, and as I got ready to do a $ 200 dance Zuerlein honks it. Figures.

Ha... you forgot the part about the announcer saying that no kicker had missed a single field goal in Atlanta that season. Zuerlein is one of the best kickers in the league. I would be doing the dance too.

Previous

Return to Seahawks