Advertising

Draft pick Points

Postby lamda on Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:35 pm

Hey All - just putting this out there for those like me who wondered how the draft pick points work. I was curious if we traded down with someone at our 21st pick what we could realistically expect back and this chart shows roughly what we should get. Simply calculate the difference between what pick we traded with and then find what value that would be in the following rounds - we should get something around there or a combination of lower picks to make that total. Here's hoping someone far below us wants to jump up if we trade, lol.

http://www.mynfldraft.com/points.php

Re: Draft pick Points

Postby BroadcastingHusky on Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:57 pm

lamda wrote:Hey All - just putting this out there for those like me who wondered how the draft pick points work. I was curious if we traded down with someone at our 21st pick what we could realistically expect back and this chart shows roughly what we should get. Simply calculate the difference between what pick we traded with and then find what value that would be in the following rounds - we should get something around there or a combination of lower picks to make that total. Here's hoping someone far below us wants to jump up if we trade, lol.

http://www.mynfldraft.com/points.php

We're for sure trading out of the pick... likely to the late first / early second.

Our pick is worth 800 points.

New England and Kansas City are likely trade partners. So it's looking like we'd trade into the late first and get a late round 2nd round pick as compensation.

KC has the 29th, 61st and 63rd picks. 29 + 63 = 916... 29 + 61 = 932

NE has the 32nd, 56th and 64th picks. 32 + 56 = 930... 32 + 64 = 860

Also... the Colts have a early 2nd and a late 2nd round pick. If they're trying to improve quickly... they might trade up to land an impact player and give up their other 2nd rounder.

Postby D-Trains on Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:14 pm

I wonder how closely that point system is adhered to. I would imagine it would be fairly close but may vary due the despairation or lack thereof of the teams involved.

dt

Postby Michael K 2 on Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:54 pm

I remember when KC "gave up too much" to trade up and get Mahomes. Not many teams talking about the amazing work done in that trade down. This love affair we have with trading down worries me sometimes.

Then again, if we keep it we will just draft Penny over Sonny Michel or Nick Chubb anyway! LOL.

Postby HawkBowler on Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:42 pm

How many points for Chris Carson, like 15?

Postby lamda on Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:18 am

We didn’t trade down last time, maybe not this year either.

Return to Seahawks