Advertising

Re: So who are we gonna draft?

Postby ThePro on Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:51 am

D-Trains wrote:Picking up 3rd and 4-8 yards seemed to take an act of God this season. I think we could use a #1 WR.

dt

Not like they grow on trees. I think the passing game us in good shape. Remember this is the first year on the new system.

Postby D-Trains on Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:56 am

We could trade down a bit and take Kelvin Harmon. This mock has him going 5 spots lower than our 21st pick at 26th.

6-3 214lbs. 81 catches for a 15 YPC avg.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... to-broncos

Postby Michael K 2 on Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:07 pm

I think the only thing we can be sure of is we will try to add more picks since we only have four, and the best way to do that is likely to trade down from our first pick. Other than that I assume we will take the BPA at most every spot, and make a few moves that not one person expects. Just business as usual here!

Postby D-Trains on Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:24 pm

Michael K 2 wrote:I think the only thing we can be sure of is we will try to add more picks since we only have four, and the best way to do that is likely to trade down from our first pick. Other than that I assume we will take the BPA at most every spot, and make a few moves that not one person expects. Just business as usual here!

Yeah, they will probaly trade down completely out of the first round instead of just down to 26th. A guy can dream though. Did you see the Pats have 12 picks this draft. F me.

dt

Postby BroadcastingHusky on Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:11 pm

I will forever say that our play calling on 3rd down is more of the reason for lack of conversion than the players on the field.

Russell Wilson in shot gun with 5 wideouts who run obvious routes at a zone is a recipe for distaster... yet we keep running that ****. Russ gets sacked 50% of the time in that formation and our wideouts don't get open.

I HATE that play.

I could see them brining in a bigger bodied vet though... like they did Marshall... hopefully less old.

Postby D-Trains on Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:52 pm

BroadcastingHusky wrote:I will forever say that our play calling on 3rd down is more of the reason for lack of conversion than the players on the field.

Russell Wilson in shot gun with 5 wideouts who run obvious routes at a zone is a recipe for distaster... yet we keep running that ****. Russ gets sacked 50% of the time in that formation and our wideouts don't get open.

I HATE that play.

I could see them brining in a bigger bodied vet though... like they did Marshall... hopefully less old.

Totally agree on the play calling. But Doug is getting old and frail, Lockette is good but more of a deeper threat and Moore was hit and miss.

dt

Postby ThePro on Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:55 pm

BroadcastingHusky wrote:I will forever say that our play calling on 3rd down is more of the reason for lack of conversion than the players on the field.

I HATE that play.

You just called one of their most productive formations a disaster.

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/212229/how-russell-wilson-seahawks-destroy-defenses-with-empty-set

Older article but still get the just.. They've pretty much gone away from that though.

Postby openup58 on Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:24 pm

I would draft the best available paler regardless of position. Makes more sense then stretching for a certain position

Postby BroadcastingHusky on Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:57 pm

ThePro wrote:

I HATE that play.

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/212229/how-russell-wilson-seahawks-destroy-defenses-with-empty-set

Older article but still get the just.. They've pretty much gone away from that though.

Great... run an empty set on 1st or 2nd down. I hate it on 3rd down. I'd love to know the % Russ got sacked on 3rd down last year. Had to lead the damn league and that's all they fkn run on 3rd.

Here's why I hate it on 3rd... how many times did Russ throw to the RB who lined up as WR in the empty set? 1 or 2 times all year? Maybe? So what's the point of completely eliminating an offensive player on the field? It does 2 things: 1. you lose pass protection because the RB can't block or chip. 2. you lose an outlet to throw the ball to in the backfield.

On 3rd when you need extra options just to pick up the first... what the heck is the point?

Postby ThePro on Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:37 pm

BroadcastingHusky wrote:
ThePro wrote:

I HATE that play.

Great... run an empty set on 1st or 2nd down. I hate it on 3rd down. I'd love to know the % Russ got sacked on 3rd down last year. Had to lead the damn league and that's all they fkn run on 3rd.

Here's why I hate it on 3rd... how many times did Russ throw to the RB who lined up as WR in the empty set? 1 or 2 times all year? Maybe? So what's the point of completely eliminating an offensive player on the field? It does 2 things: 1. you lose pass protection because the RB can't block or chip. 2. you lose an outlet to throw the ball to in the backfield.

On 3rd when you need extra options just to pick up the first... what the heck is the point?

My point is what you are saying isn't accurate. Have a nice day.

PreviousNext

Return to Seahawks