Advertising

Re: So who are we gonna draft?

Postby BroadcastingHusky on Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:45 pm

Yeah go ahead and post an article from 3 years ago and just assume defenses haven't caught on. And then tell me I'm wrong and have a good day... it's just a poor response... lazy actually.

We run it all the time on 3rd down and it doesn't work the majority of the time. Maybe it worked better 3 years ago... but the last 2-3 years? It's been awful.

What's our % of conversion out of the empty set on 3rd down the last 3 seasons?

I'll even give you a head start... the last 3 seasons we were 15, 20 and 18 in the 3rd down conversion where I'm sure we've ran the empty set at least 75% of the time. That ain't good.
 
Posts: 974
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:42 pm

Re: So who are we gonna draft?

Postby HawkBowler on Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:00 pm

BroadcastingHusky wrote:Here's the thing... I know we need a safety and/or corner (I am not a fan of Shaq Griffin)... but this particular draft is so freaking loaded with interior D talent that you can get a top interior defender in the 2nd round who has 1st round talent. All of those guys I mentioned are 1st rounders in other drafts. There's just tremendous value there. Games we lost were games that we couldn't control the LOS and stop the run. It is a need, and for a team that typically drafts the "most talented" player available... these DT's would be just that if they fall where we pick.



Our safeties were the main reason we didn't stop the run last season. Losing both Kam and ET at the same time really hurt. Kam for the short yardage stops. ET for stopping the breakout runs of 10 yards from becoming 20 or 30 yard runs. In the LOB hay days of 2013, Kam had 99 tackles, ET had 105. Success for the Hawks on defense depends largely on the play of the safeties... and that's by far our biggest weakness right now.

If DT and DE are super rich in this draft as you say, that's all the more reason to take them later in the draft.
 
Posts: 16618
Joined: Fri May 15, 2009 7:46 am
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: So who are we gonna draft?

Postby D-Trains on Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:28 pm

HawkBowler wrote:
BroadcastingHusky wrote:Here's the thing... I know we need a safety and/or corner (I am not a fan of Shaq Griffin)... but this particular draft is so freaking loaded with interior D talent that you can get a top interior defender in the 2nd round who has 1st round talent. All of those guys I mentioned are 1st rounders in other drafts. There's just tremendous value there. Games we lost were games that we couldn't control the LOS and stop the run. It is a need, and for a team that typically drafts the "most talented" player available... these DT's would be just that if they fall where we pick.



Our safeties were the main reason we didn't stop the run last season. Losing both Kam and ET at the same time really hurt. Kam for the short yardage stops. ET for stopping the breakout runs of 10 yards from becoming 20 or 30 yard runs. In the LOB hay days of 2013, Kam had 99 tackles, ET had 105. Success for the Hawks on defense depends largely on the play of the safeties... and that's by far our biggest weakness right now.

If DT and DE are super rich in this draft as you say, that's all the more reason to take them later in the draft.


Why does everyone keep talking about Drafting me. I have been retired for years.

DT :)
 
Posts: 78809
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:31 am
Location: Kirkland, WA

Re: So who are we gonna draft?

Postby ThePro on Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:17 am

BroadcastingHusky wrote:Yeah go ahead and post an article from 3 years ago and just assume defenses haven't caught on. And then tell me I'm wrong and have a good day... it's just a poor response... lazy actually.

We run it all the time on 3rd down and it doesn't work the majority of the time. Maybe it worked better 3 years ago... but the last 2-3 years? It's been awful.

What's our % of conversion out of the empty set on 3rd down the last 3 seasons?

I'll even give you a head start... the last 3 seasons we were 15, 20 and 18 in the 3rd down conversion where I'm sure we've ran the empty set at least 75% of the time. That ain't good.


Who cares what they did for last three years. They have different personnel, offensive system and a coordinator. They just don't run the empty set as much . Sure in the hell not 75% of the time. Yiu have a link to verify this bulls***?
 
Posts: 2732
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:13 am

Re: So who are we gonna draft?

Postby HawkBowler on Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:48 am

That Trevor Lawrence kid from Clemson who just won a national title as a true freshman QB.... he's going to be a superstar in the NFL. The Hawks should anticipate what year he will come out and then stockpile picks for that year to go up and get him.
 
Posts: 16618
Joined: Fri May 15, 2009 7:46 am
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: So who are we gonna draft?

Postby BroadcastingHusky on Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:17 am

ThePro wrote:
BroadcastingHusky wrote:Yeah go ahead and post an article from 3 years ago and just assume defenses haven't caught on. And then tell me I'm wrong and have a good day... it's just a poor response... lazy actually.

We run it all the time on 3rd down and it doesn't work the majority of the time. Maybe it worked better 3 years ago... but the last 2-3 years? It's been awful.

What's our % of conversion out of the empty set on 3rd down the last 3 seasons?

I'll even give you a head start... the last 3 seasons we were 15, 20 and 18 in the 3rd down conversion where I'm sure we've ran the empty set at least 75% of the time. That ain't good.


Who cares what they did for last three years. They have different personnel, offensive system and a coordinator. They just don't run the empty set as much . Sure in the hell not 75% of the time. Yiu have a link to verify this bulls***?


They run it all the time on 3rd down. It's the go to play. Do you not watch the games? I did a full write-up of it in one of our losses earlier this season where we were like 2/13 or whatever on 3rd down... and we ran the empty-set on at least 9 of those downs for a 0% conversion. In fact I believe the 2 first downs we got in that game came from running the ball...
 
Posts: 974
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:42 pm

Re: So who are we gonna draft?

Postby ThePro on Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:57 pm

BroadcastingHusky wrote:
ThePro wrote:
BroadcastingHusky wrote:Yeah go ahead and post an article from 3 years ago and just assume defenses haven't caught on. And then tell me I'm wrong and have a good day... it's just a poor response... lazy actually.

We run it all the time on 3rd down and it doesn't work the majority of the time. Maybe it worked better 3 years ago... but the last 2-3 years? It's been awful.

What's our % of conversion out of the empty set on 3rd down the last 3 seasons?

I'll even give you a head start... the last 3 seasons we were 15, 20 and 18 in the 3rd down conversion where I'm sure we've ran the empty set at least 75% of the time. That ain't good.


Who cares what they did for last three years. They have different personnel, offensive system and a coordinator. They just don't run the empty set as much . Sure in the hell not 75% of the time. Yiu have a link to verify this bulls***?


They run it all the time on 3rd down. It's the go to play. Do you not watch the games? I did a full write-up of it in one of our losses earlier this season where we were like 2/13 or whatever on 3rd down... and we ran the empty-set on at least 9 of those downs for a 0% conversion. In fact I believe the 2 first downs we got in that game came from running the ball...


So no you don't have anything to validate your "observations "
 
Posts: 2732
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:13 am

Re: So who are we gonna draft?

Postby HawkBowler on Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:12 pm

BroadcastingHusky wrote:They run it all the time on 3rd down. It's the go to play. Do you not watch the games? I did a full write-up of it in one of our losses earlier this season where we were like 2/13 or whatever on 3rd down... and we ran the empty-set on at least 9 of those downs for a 0% conversion. In fact I believe the 2 first downs we got in that game came from running the ball...


Seattle had only two third downs of five yards or shorter.

The only other third down it converted was when quarterback Russell Wilson ran for seven yards on a third-and-5 play that set up a Wilson touchdown run two plays later in the third quarter that put Seattle ahead.


https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/sea ... ird-downs/
 
Posts: 16618
Joined: Fri May 15, 2009 7:46 am
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: So who are we gonna draft?

Postby BroadcastingHusky on Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:29 pm

@thepro Oh I'm sorry... no, I don't want to take the time to sit through every game this season and watch every 3rd down the Seahawks attempt. You're not important enough to justify the time spent.

I did it twice through out the course of the season and did full write ups on it. It's not my fault you didn't pay attention. We're a terrible football team on 3rd down and yes, a good majority of the time we ran an empty set formation.

But oh, a 2016 article tells me everything I need to know about how the empty set has gone on 3rd down the past 3 years. Definitely.
 
Posts: 974
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:42 pm

Re: So who are we gonna draft?

Postby ThePro on Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:28 pm

BroadcastingHusky wrote:@thepro Oh I'm sorry... no, I don't want to take the time to sit through every game this season and watch every 3rd down the Seahawks attempt. You're not important enough to justify the time spent.

I did it twice through out the course of the season and did full write ups on it. It's not my fault you didn't pay attention. We're a terrible football team on 3rd down and yes, a good majority of the time we ran an empty set formation.

But oh, a 2016 article tells me everything I need to know about how the empty set has gone on 3rd down the past 3 years. Definitely.


75% empty set? your observation skills are lacking.
 
Posts: 2732
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:13 am

PreviousNext

Return to Seahawks

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Boisehawk and 5 guests

Advertising