Advertising

Re: So who are we gonna draft?

Postby 57reasons on Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:37 am

HawkBowler wrote:That Trevor Lawrence kid from Clemson who just won a national title as a true freshman QB.... he's going to be a superstar in the NFL. The Hawks should anticipate what year he will come out and then stockpile picks for that year to go up and get him.

as if it would be that easy. you dont think there'd be 4-8 teams you'd have to outbid with a kings's ransom a la the Rams paid for RG3? aint happening with our picks in the bottom half of the order. but you're right about Lawrence - will be the best QB prospect coming into the draft since Andrew Luck.

Postby D-Trains on Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:12 pm

57reasons wrote:
HawkBowler wrote:That Trevor Lawrence kid from Clemson who just won a national title as a true freshman QB.... he's going to be a superstar in the NFL. The Hawks should anticipate what year he will come out and then stockpile picks for that year to go up and get him.

as if it would be that easy. you dont think there'd be 4-8 teams you'd have to outbid with a kings's ransom a la the Rams paid for RG3? aint happening with our picks in the bottom half of the order. but you're right about Lawrence - will be the best QB prospect coming into the draft since Andrew Luck.

Well there is one easy part. He is coming out for the 2021 draft.

dt

Postby somebody's son on Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:34 am

I like Tillery and Sweat

Postby D-Trains on Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:17 am

Adam Schefter

Verified account

@AdamSchefter
8m8 minutes ago
More
Breaking: Baltimore has agreement in principle to trade former Super Bowl MVP Joe Flacco to the Broncos, league sources told ESPN.

Trade cannot be processed until new NFL league year begins Wednesday, March 13. Teams prohibited from commenting on deal or terms surrounding it.

Postby sandiron on Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:00 pm

My guess is;"nobody you've heard of". Seattle will trade out of it's first round pick: end up with more players(not on the "well-known" lists). I don't see the Hawks being "one pick from success" anyway.

Postby HawkBowler on Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:07 pm

57reasons wrote:

You would have to trade with a known loser like the Browns. Well... not the Browns now, but a team certain to land in the bottom five... in future seasons at that. I'm not saying it would be easy, or that even trying it would be a fool's errand, but I bet the discussion has already happened within a few clubhouses.

DT says Trevor comes out in the 2021 draft... that's first eligible for Lawrence but what if he's going for like a third national championship in a row? Maybe he sticks around a little bit longer.

Wilson has at least five years in the tank. I'm not worried about his level of play or ability to stay on the field. But picking up a Lawrence type QB prospect when Wilson is 34 or 35 years old? I think that's a good move. Nobody can expect these guys to all be like Brady and play until they collect social security checks.

Postby D-Trains on Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:19 pm

If you think he would risk injury and almost $10M for a third trophy, Howard Shultz would like to talk with you about donating to his campaign because he thinks he has a good shot to be president.

dt

Postby HawkBowler on Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:28 pm

What did Jake Locker risk coming back for the Huskies?

Clemson and Lawrence are going on a run for sure. What if he has a chance to be the only QB with three straight national titles?

Postby D-Trains on Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:36 pm

HawkBowler wrote:What did Jake Locker risk coming back for the Huskies?

Clemson and Lawrence are going on a run for sure. What if he has a chance to be the only QB with three straight national titles?

I will give you 1000 to 1 odds on a $20 bet that he doesn't stay four years. You win you get $20k, I win I get $20.

dt

Postby HawkBowler on Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:58 pm

D-Trains wrote:I will give you 1000 to 1 odds on a $20 bet that he doesn't stay four years. You win you get $20k, I win I get $20.

dt

Done.

Set reminder for 2/14/2022 - pay HawkBowler $20k.

PreviousNext

Return to Seahawks