Advertising

I'm sure this is probably illegal

Postby AZ Old Dawg on Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:33 am

How about we release Kam and then hire him back as the highest paid assistant coach in history. Wouldn't that help with the cap?

Re: I'm sure this is probably illegal

Postby ThePro on Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:48 am

Not illegal but Hawks will still have to pay the guarantees in his contract and there is dead cap money that will count against the cap regardless.

Postby D-Trains on Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:25 pm

I am really curious what kind of contract ET will get.

In terms of the cap. If they just wouldn't count injured players against the cap teams would be far more willing to give out guaranteed contracts. Win Win.

dt

Postby HawkBowler on Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:22 pm

Are we sure that Kam is done? Kind of strange seeing him on the sidelines all season like a ghost. Maybe he can make it back...

Postby D-Trains on Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:27 pm

HawkBowler wrote:Are we sure that Kam is done? Kind of strange seeing him on the sidelines all season like a ghost. Maybe he can make it back...

Yep, he is set for life financially has a SB title and is a borderline HOFer. Why would he risk being paralized even if it is a 1/10,000 chance.

dt

Postby Don Gorgon on Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:27 am

HawkBowler wrote:Are we sure that Kam is done? Kind of strange seeing him on the sidelines all season like a ghost. Maybe he can make it back...

put a fork in him...

Eight months after suffering a neck injury that cost him the final seven games of 2017 and fueled speculation he would never play again, Seahawks strong safety Kam Chancellor confirmed on Twitter that he wasn't medically cleared to play football.

God has given me a sign that I just can’t ignore. [...] To walk away from the game by choice is one thing, to walk away from the game because of the risk of paralysis is another. My final test showed no healing. I put all my blood, sweat, and tears into this game.

Return to Seahawks