Advertising

New Pro League

Postby HawkBowler on Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:04 pm

So anyone into the new pro AAF league? Must see hit below:

https://twitter.com/CBSSports/status/10 ... 8341405696

Decapitation and pancake in one. How does #11 not see this coming? Talk about your lack of peripheral vision.

Re: New Pro League

Postby ddraig on Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:31 pm

The No Fun League was better when "Head Slaps" were legal!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viJuGGez9Rk

Postby srgsx on Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:40 pm

Watching now- Not NFL level of excitement but the officiating is a ton better-

Postby D-Trains on Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:52 pm

ddraig wrote:The No Fun League was better when "Head Slaps" were legal!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viJuGGez9Rk

Even if I knew he wasn't going to actaully do it, I don't think I would be comfortable being the skinny white kid in the demo. lol

dt

Postby HawkBowler on Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:54 pm

The Lyle Alzado rule: can't use the helmet as a weapon:

https://www.facebook.com/RaiderismVideo ... 156519358/

Postby SonsofHan on Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:11 pm

I watched the Arizona vs San Antonia game, The broadcast was high quality. The commentators seemed pretty good. I think it should be viewed as a good thing. I mean NFL Eurupe built a few guys like Kurt Warner. One of the complaints I heard was poor QB play bit come-on. Many of these QBs have not played in some time. Not to mention the fact that the players don't know their team mates, the playbook, or their opponents and the strategy and skills they possess.

I think it is great to give guys a second chance. I mean every year we see the roster crunch and cut guys that many see a future in. I mean we did see the Hawks cut Mike Bennett before he would build value elsewhere before coming back. I like the 2nd chance and development factor.

Another aspect that Iike what they are trying to do was to build regional following. The Birmigham Iron (AL) have 16 players that I count who played college ball in a state school. I saw a number of other players from nearby states as well.

I don't know if eventually the novelty goes away and you are left with not good enough for prime time product but what the heck.

Postby HawkBowler on Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:58 pm

Good thoughts Han. The cheap factor gets me... the thought you're watching an inferior product. Plus, your wife is all happy that the playoffs are over and everything... the to do list is ridiculous.... I don't think I would get away with following another team/league. It's like endless summer only endless football.

Postby D-Trains on Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:42 pm

HawkBowler wrote:Good thoughts Han. The cheap factor gets me... the thought you're watching an inferior product. Plus, your wife is all happy that the playoffs are over and everything... the to do list is ridiculous.... I don't think I would get away with following another team/league. It's like endless summer only endless football.

My wife loves it when the Mariner game is on TV for the 62nd time around June 1st and I say don't worry there are only 100 games to go. lol

dt

Postby HawkBowler on Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:12 pm

Oh sure, DT... riiiiight

Return to Seahawks