Advertising

Re: Here's your guy DT...

Postby Don Gorgon on Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:14 pm

Harmon...
Logging back-to-back 1,000-yard receiving seasons, Harmon has been one of the ACC’s most productive receivers over the last two seasons. He is a true alpha with dominant play strength. His burst and play speed for his size is underrated. His blend of size, physicality, ball skills and fluidity make him and ideal fit as an x-receiver in any scheme. By year three, Harmon has the upside to be relied upon as a true No. 1 receiver that keeps the chains moving, hits big plays and thrives in the redzone.

Butler
Hakeem Butler offers a promising skill set in a vertical offense. Butler has phenomenal flashes in contested situations and as a vertical receiver, but needs to add further polish to his releases against press to consistently stack defenders in the NFL. Butler lacks quickness at the top of hard angled breaks but has the size to further develop himself and create separation for himself. Look for Butler to develop through his first 3 seasons and eventually be a starting X-receiver.

here Butler is projected day two, trade down and get him...

What McShay says: “He’s interesting. He’s really interesting. He probably projects around the same range as Montgomery — Day 2. But at 6-foot-6, 220, 225, whatever the exact size is and the combination of that with speed, I think Butler, he could be a little bit more consistent in terms of focus drops and ball skills.

"But he shows the ability to box guys out, use his size to his advantage and get vertical, which is probably the most intriguing thing about him. When you have that size and enough speed, there’s always going to be a spot for you or an opportunity for you.”

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story ... 053647002/

Postby ThePro on Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:12 am

Don Gorgon wrote:hey, I will play debbie dubious...looks interesting but also looks like the sort of player that once they hit the pros the ability to dominate opposing players evaporates. This thing about being LeBron James in a football uniform, come on, talk about hype. Sounds to me like he isn't all that fast or able to run precision routes, takes more than being tall to make it as a pro

sub 4.5 40

Postby Don Gorgon on Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:33 am

quickness is probably the proper term

Butler lacks quickness at the top of hard angled breaks but has the size to further develop himself and create separation for himself.

Speed –Requires a runway to get up to any notable speed but does have the length and strides to eat up real estate quickly beyond the first ten yards. Play speed is tempered through his breaks, uninspiring in hard breaks into the MOF or working to the boundary.

Postby D-Trains on Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:24 am

If Butler is a second or even third round guy then he is a no brainer.

dt

Postby ThePro on Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:48 am

Don Gorgon wrote:quickness is probably the proper term

Butler lacks quickness at the top of hard angled breaks but has the size to further develop himself and create separation for himself.

Speed –Requires a runway to get up to any notable speed but does have the length and strides to eat up real estate quickly beyond the first ten yards. Play speed is tempered through his breaks, uninspiring in hard breaks into the MOF or working to the boundary.

They pick apart these players a team drafts them and everyone marvels at how a team drafted a All pro in the 3rd round. It isn't rocket science. 6'6" 225 lb with sub 4.5 speed and good hands. Anything else is BS.

Postby Don Gorgon on Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:55 am

I don't marvel at getting an all pro in the 3rd round but I am happy to wait for the 3rd round to do it

Postby D-Trains on Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:12 am

This doesn't having him going in the 1st three rounds. We have to take Butler if he falls to the 4th. We took Griffin in the 5th for God's sakes.

dt

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... to-broncos

Postby Don Gorgon on Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:26 am

they took RW in the 3rd, it wasn't because they didn't love him or think he couldn't be all pro but there wasn't a reason to take him higher

Postby D-Trains on Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:31 am

Don Gorgon wrote:they took RW in the 3rd, it wasn't because they didn't love him or think he couldn't be all pro but there wasn't a reason to take him higher

Sure but reading other team's minds seems a bit risky to me. They didn't try it with Penny.

dt

Postby Don Gorgon on Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:44 am

its about rating probabilities, in terms of ceilings which you are into Penny was more of a low ceiling high probability guy than Butler, Butler has intriguing possibilities but i think its a mistake to fall in love with them. If the Hawks were to pass on Butler I wouldn't shed tears even if there is the chance of his being a great receiver, some other team wants to gamble on it go for it. I think if you look at the Hawk strategy it is actually to go fairly low ceiling with a first round pick when they use it, and that is why they tend to trade down in the first place. Get into the lower rounds with more picks and find the high upside guys, I think Butler would be a great target actually

PreviousNext

Return to Seahawks