Advertising

Encouraging Lewis Vid

Postby D-Trains on Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:55 am

Re: Encouraging Lewis Vid

Postby Auburn Terry on Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:33 am

Yes, we'd all like to see Kyle Lewis playing ball and living up to his #1 prospect status....

So, in light of his ongoing rehabilitation and current absence from the baseball wars, we ought to be focusing on our #2 prospect, Tyler O'Neil. It will be most revealing to see his progress at AAA Tacoma this year. Still too many strikeouts last year, but he did increase his walk ratio last year, as well as hit average and as a result his OBP dramatically rose from the mediocre low .300's to a highly respectable .364. I'd love to see him drop the strikeouts another 10% this year and increase walks.... and make another improvement to an OBP close to .400. Then I'd be getting excited about having something there.

So get better soon Kyle Lewis..... and in the meantime.... Tyler O'Neil? You get better also.....

Postby D-Trains on Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:15 pm

Auburn Terry wrote:Yes, we'd all like to see Kyle Lewis playing ball and living up to his #1 prospect status....

So, in light of his ongoing rehabilitation and current absence from the baseball wars, we ought to be focusing on our #2 prospect, Tyler O'Neil. It will be most revealing to see his progress at AAA Tacoma this year. Still too many strikeouts last year, but he did increase his walk ratio last year, as well as hit average and as a result his OBP dramatically rose from the mediocre low .300's to a highly respectable .364. I'd love to see him drop the strikeouts another 10% this year and increase walks.... and make another improvement to an OBP close to .400. Then I'd be getting excited about having something there.

So get better soon Kyle Lewis..... and in the meantime.... Tyler O'Neil? You get better also.....

You will have to migrate North by mid May so we can head down to see TO in T town........See you in 20 days!!!! :)

dt

Postby 95 lives! on Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:31 pm

it looks like he's moving well anyway...

Postby D-Trains on Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:32 pm

95 lives! wrote:it looks like he's moving well anyway...

Yeah, better than I expected given he is still 5 months away. We will never know but I wonder if this sets him back a full year in terms of MLB arrival.

dt

Return to Mariners