Advertising

Re: Playoff chase update

Postby Freespeech on Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:13 am

No I thought he deserved to be fired anyway. He's taken a .600 team and turned them into a .500 team. Just my observation.

Postby Don Gorgon on Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:24 am

you think this team should be .600? That would put them at what, a record of like 68 and 49? am I doing that right, the Nationals are a .600 team, interesting

Postby Michael K 2 on Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:41 am

Freespeech wrote:No I thought he deserved to be fired anyway. He's taken a .600 team and turned them into a .500 team. Just my observation.

Wow, this makes all the complaining about last night make sense.

1. Bullpen blows four run lead? Check
2. Seager misses tag that would have saved two runs? Check.
3. Winning run scores on error by SS? Check
4. Mariner fans blame the ump and the manager? Check.

Postby Auburn Terry on Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:14 pm

Scott Servais will never be manager of the year, anywhere....He is the fifth best manager in the AL West. Our best chance would be to bring up Daren Brown from Arkansas for the stretch run. bid adieu to either Espinosa or Alonzo, get back to an 8 man bullpen, and find a starter from the Blue Jays or Detroit.

Postby Don Gorgon on Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:24 pm

Mike Axisa thinks he wins it if they were to make the playoffs

Scott Servais, Seattle Mariners
It boils down to this: The Mariners have baseball's longest postseason drought -- they haven't played October baseball since Ichiro Suzuki's rookie season in 2001 -- and if they make the playoffs this year, Servais will win Manager of the Year. Seattle very quietly has the AL's best record at 16-9 in its past 25 games.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/2017 ... he-winner/

Postby D-Trains on Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:00 pm

maoling wrote:Six Wild Card contenders are separated by about one percentage point in their respective records, all clusterflucked around .500. This is like watching a turtle race.

Six turtles on their backs in quicksand.

dt

Postby D-Trains on Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:06 pm

Auburn Terry wrote:Scott Servais will never be manager of the year, anywhere....He is the fifth best manager in the AL West. Our best chance would be to bring up Daren Brown from Arkansas for the stretch run. bid adieu to either Espinosa or Alonzo, get back to an 8 man bullpen, and find a starter from the Blue Jays or Detroit.

That trade likely cost us the game last night.

“Where we are at pitching-wise right now, you are just trying to put a plan together every night going into it. I thought Gonzales threw the ball really well. He was in a situation where we wanted to get him through the lineup twice. He was in a little trouble there in the (fifth). Pagan was our guy to get us out of trouble, which he did. You go to Andrew Moore, who I thought threw the ball well in his first inning. You had the high hopper over his head that (Cameron) Maybin hit and then we couldn’t stop the bleeding after that. Obviously we were limited tonight with what was available in our bullpen. No Eddie Diaz, trying to use Nick Vincent only in a situation where he was the closer, no Tony Zych tonight, no Casey Lawrence. We were limited. Coming into this ball game, we knew Andrew Moore was going to pitch in this game. Hopefully we had the lead and we did have the lead. But he just didn’t execute pitches maybe the way we should have later in that inning to stop the bleeding.”

hmm why wasn't Diaz available? Oh that's right, because he was used unnecessarily the night before.

dt

Postby D-Trains on Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:37 pm

Michael K 2 wrote:
Freespeech wrote:No I thought he deserved to be fired anyway. He's taken a .600 team and turned them into a .500 team. Just my observation.

That is a bit simplistic and insinuates the manager has zero responsibility for bullpen management and whoever he puts in there and whenever he puts them in and how ever long he leaves them in have nothing to do with the success of the team because they are getting paid so they shouldn't allow any runs.

dt

Postby toomuchgarlicsalt on Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:06 pm

Michael K 2 wrote:

What a gifted life Mariner players live in Seattle, read 90% of any the media and 70% of fans posts, and most blame SS, instead of the athletes making millions on the field. Fact is the player failed at doing their job and the team lost because of it, yet again, like every year, they get a free pass from the fans. Insanity at its best.

Look at how many coaches/managers/GM's the team has gone through in 10 years, think its what, 7 or 8 yet fans still blame the managers for the players failing every single year. Love the posts, when so and so manager is gone, we will be set or when we get a new manager, one would think we just signed babe ruth in his prime and a WS appearance is just a matter of time yet the players fail on the field, once again and then that new manager is blamed all over again, idk get how "baseball," people can do this every single year ignoring the millionaires playing like crap.

Postby D-Trains on Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:39 am

Non simpletons have the capability to place blame on both the players and the manager. It just is obvious when it is the players fault so there really isn't a need to state that it is the fault of a guy who made and error or struck out four times because everyone already knows that. I am sure all the players that read this forum are thankful for that. lol :|

dt

PreviousNext

Return to Mariners