Advertising

Re: Last year of JD's contract

Postby David Gee 24 on Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:51 pm

seattlesports1 wrote:I think we are stuck with a disfunctional organization. Including our GM. I truly see why the Angels were happy to see him leave. I certainly would be happy if he was shown the door.

Not to mention Bavasi and all the Angels reject players. Seriously, if we somehow got Mike Trout he would immediately turn into Steve Trout.

Postby WARwhatisitgoodfor on Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:23 pm

ice99 wrote:It'll be interesting to see if JD gets a contract extension, come opening day.

I have nothing against Dipoto if he learns from his mistakes in the last two years.

If he does more of the same this offseason and his guys underperform for the third year in a row, I would peacefully let his contract expire and move on.

He left the Angels in shambles and they're already better than us again. Because we have their problem. Are we getting Figgins'ed all over again. You all know the thought crossed your mind as soon as another Angel came our way.

Dipoto's probably sitting back in his lair like, "These idiots, I traded Gohara and O'Neill and wasted $30 million in payroll two years in a row, how long until they realize I'm just gutting their team?! Muwahahaaahahahahahaaa!!!"

Postby seattlesports1 on Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:25 pm

WE are just in the same cycle we have been in for years. More crappy talk by our leader in Stanton. And his support for the GM. Excuse, excuse, excuse. Gotta love this sad organization.

But, Dipoto has a fantastic plan and great ideas. Just like the fantastic job he did in California.

Postby WARwhatisitgoodfor on Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:30 pm

seattlesports1 wrote:WE are just in the same cycle we have been in for years. More crappy talk by our leader in Stanton. And his support for the GM. Excuse, excuse, excuse. Gotta love this sad organization.

But, Dipoto has a fantastic plan and great ideas. Just like the fantastic job he did in California.

And that's what keeps nagging me in the back of my mind.

I want to be optimistic, but...

Postby ice99 on Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:57 pm

JD has a least a few brain cells. He traded for Dyson instead of signing Joey Bautista.

Postby D-Trains on Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:22 am

Bautista sure was a train wreck. $18MM for negative WAR. At least I was right about something this season.

dt

Previous

Return to Mariners