Advertising

Re: 79-83 wins. Nice!

Postby D-Trains on Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:20 pm

Don Gorgon wrote:if he decided he couldn't play through it that is his decision to make, if he plays through it he gets ripped for playing poorly, what makes you think that trying to play through it is the correct decision?


Jesus I have said five times I think he made the right decision. SS obviously was not happy that he made that decision.

dt
Last edited by D-Trains on Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
Posts: 63892
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:31 am
Location: Kirkland, WA

Re: 79-83 wins. Nice!

Postby D-Trains on Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:22 pm

If you can't read between the lines of those quotes you guys aren't very perceptive. Do you need me to find a quote where he called him a f-ing pussy before you get it?

dt
 
Posts: 63892
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:31 am
Location: Kirkland, WA

Re: 79-83 wins. Nice!

Postby toomuchgarlicsalt on Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:55 pm

D-Trains wrote:If you can't read between the lines of those quotes you guys aren't very perceptive. Do you need me to find a quote where he called him a f-ing pussy before you get it?

dt
SS acted like such a baby when he said that He decided he couldn't play through it, you could tell he was so pissed off. I would of done the same thing, the team was going nowhere, and you are a FA the next year, better to get it taken care of then fight to hit .500
 
Posts: 3620
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:12 pm
Location: seattle,wa

Re: 79-83 wins. Nice!

Postby D-Trains on Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:06 pm

toomuchgarlicsalt wrote:
D-Trains wrote:If you can't read between the lines of those quotes you guys aren't very perceptive. Do you need me to find a quote where he called him a f-ing pussy before you get it?

dt
SS acted like such a baby when he said that He decided he couldn't play through it, you could tell he was so pissed off. I would of done the same thing, the team was going nowhere, and you are a FA the next year, better to get it taken care of then fight to hit .500


Thank you. Yes, it was obvious to me as well. Totally agree. Calling something that needed surgery very minor was highly questionable.

dt
 
Posts: 63892
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:31 am
Location: Kirkland, WA

Re: 79-83 wins. Nice!

Postby AZ Old Dawg on Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:16 pm

D-Trains wrote:
Ryan Divish‏
@RyanDivish
Following Following @RyanDivish
More
For fans of popular country music, Zac Brown Band will be playing Safeco Field on Aug. 31.

‏"Whatever it takes"

@DarrenWarner2
5s5 seconds ago
More
Replying to @RyanDivish
Maybe he can write a new song for the occasion called "25 games behind the Astros before September........."
 
Posts: 1560
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:39 pm
Location: Surprise, AZ

Re: 79-83 wins. Nice!

Postby Captain 97 on Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:40 pm

D-Trains wrote:
I don't see any correlation between those quotes and him not wanting to play in Seattle. So a guy decides not to play through an injury in September when the team is in 4th place in the division and 7 spots out of the wildcard and that means we don't want him?


Uh we decided to just trade for a second baseman to play instead of even make him an offer. That kind of tells me we didn't want him back. Call me crazy.

dt


Well obviously Dipoto didn't want him or else they would have at least tried to sign him. whether the injury is the reason or not is debatable. I was referring to your insinuation that it was mutual and that he wouldn't have signed here even if we tried.
 
Posts: 7428
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:10 am
Location: stanwood, WA

Re: 79-83 wins. Nice!

Postby D-Trains on Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:48 pm

Captain 97 wrote:
D-Trains wrote:
I don't see any correlation between those quotes and him not wanting to play in Seattle. So a guy decides not to play through an injury in September when the team is in 4th place in the division and 7 spots out of the wildcard and that means we don't want him?


Uh we decided to just trade for a second baseman to play instead of even make him an offer. That kind of tells me we didn't want him back. Call me crazy.

dt


Well obviously Dipoto didn't want him or else they would have at least tried to sign him. whether the injury is the reason or not is debatable. I was referring to your insinuation that it was mutual and that he wouldn't have signed here even if we tried.


Just saying there was no indication he wanted to come back (as opposed to Alonso who said he did) and why would he. At best a 1/30 chance.

dt
 
Posts: 63892
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:31 am
Location: Kirkland, WA

Re: 79-83 wins. Nice!

Postby D-Trains on Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:56 pm

Arb eligible updates.

Left-hander James Paxton will earn $4.9MM with the Mariners in 2018, tweets Ryan Divish of the Seattle Times. Murray tweets that the Mariners and David Phelps agreed to a $5.55MM deal. Paxton, controlled through 2020, projected to earn $5.6MM, while Phelps was pegged at $5.8MM. He’s a free agent next winter.
 
Posts: 63892
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:31 am
Location: Kirkland, WA

Re: 79-83 wins. Nice!

Postby toomuchgarlicsalt on Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:05 pm

D-Trains wrote:Arb eligible updates.

Left-hander James Paxton will earn $4.9MM with the Mariners in 2018, tweets Ryan Divish of the Seattle Times. Murray tweets that the Mariners and David Phelps agreed to a $5.55MM deal. Paxton, controlled through 2020, projected to earn $5.6MM, while Phelps was pegged at $5.8MM. He’s a free agent next winter.


http://www.spotrac.com/mlb/seattle-mariners/payroll/

Puts the team at 152M so far, think we have Vincent and Ramirez left for Arb.
 
Posts: 3620
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:12 pm
Location: seattle,wa

Re: 79-83 wins. Nice!

Postby D-Trains on Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:16 pm

toomuchgarlicsalt wrote:
D-Trains wrote:Arb eligible updates.

Left-hander James Paxton will earn $4.9MM with the Mariners in 2018, tweets Ryan Divish of the Seattle Times. Murray tweets that the Mariners and David Phelps agreed to a $5.55MM deal. Paxton, controlled through 2020, projected to earn $5.6MM, while Phelps was pegged at $5.8MM. He’s a free agent next winter.


http://www.spotrac.com/mlb/seattle-mariners/payroll/

Puts the team at 152M so far, think we have Vincent and Ramirez left for Arb.


Right that will probably put is around $160MM and then the minimum was guys will put it up into the upper 160s

dt
 
Posts: 63892
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:31 am
Location: Kirkland, WA

PreviousNext

Return to Mariners

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

Advertising