Advertising

Re: Cole to the Astros. For real this time.

Postby SonsofHan on Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:59 pm

Yu Darvish is still out there last I saw of him he was down to like 1/2 a dozen teams still in on him.

Postby WARwhatisitgoodfor on Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:15 pm

SonsofHan wrote:Yu Darvish is still out there last I saw of him he was down to like 1/2 a dozen teams still in on him.

Yup. And doesn't sound like we're one of the 6 that are in on ANYbody.

Trader Jerry sitting on his thumbs. Which is fine because all of his signings/trades have just hurt us anyways.

Postby Moe Gibbs on Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:10 am

ddraig wrote:
HomeDinger wrote:Can somebody explain this to GM Jerry? Is he wondering why the Astros signed Cole when our team has a great rotation, as he claims? If we don't need any starters, then certainly the Astros don't need any. I wonder how Jerry's reality gets constructed.

Puff, puff! (Holds breath.)
Yeah, dude. (Lets breath out.)
I really think our rotation stacks up favorably against any in baseball.
(Takes another toke.)

You Guys are DEPLORABLE.. :o !!!
[but ddraig, this one's pretty dang funny..... :lol: ]

One thing is certain.
Expectations are at an all time low, so if we go 78 - 84 It'll be a moral victory....... :P !

Postby TACOMA is my destiny on Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:36 pm

WARwhatisitgoodfor wrote:
SonsofHan wrote:Yu Darvish is still out there last I saw of him he was down to like 1/2 a dozen teams still in on him.

Yup. And doesn't sound like we're one of the 6 that are in on ANYbody.

Trader Jerry sitting on his thumbs. Which is fine because all of his signings/trades have just hurt us anyways.

I'm absolutely positive DiBozo is in the running for several minor league free agents

Postby ddraig on Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:47 pm

Can't have too many AAAA starting pitchers in the event that none of our starters can make it a full season without a blister, pulled finger nail, torn rotator, cuff, elbow ligament surgery, pulled groin...oh wait, I think I just named exactly what will happen to our starting rotation in 2018.

Good opportunity for a few of those AAAA pitchers to get noticed though.

Agent to any Minor League FA pitcher: "Hey, sign with the M's and then just wait your turn. Eventually they'll call you up and other teams can see what you've got. Make sure, though, that you only sign a one year deal with them 'cause they're going nowhere."

Postby TACOMA is my destiny on Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:54 pm

ddraig wrote:Can't have too many AAAA starting pitchers in the event that none of our starters can make it a full season without a blister, pulled finger nail, torn rotator, cuff, elbow ligament surgery, pulled groin...oh wait, I think I just named exactly what will happen to our starting rotation in 2018.

Good opportunity for a few of those AAAA pitchers to get noticed though.

Agent to any Minor League FA pitcher: "Hey, sign with the M's and then just wait your turn. Eventually they'll call you up and other teams can see what you've got. Make sure, though, that you only sign a one year deal with them 'cause they're going nowhere."

They have future HOF'er Chase DeBad waiting for an opportunity. He was DiBozo's big pitching acquisition last year before his other prize addition Lil Marco Polo. This team is awful it's gonna be comical. DiBozo & his "depth" garbage.

PreviousNext

Return to Mariners