Advertising

Re: Filia suspended for 50 games NOT for peds

Postby WARwhatisitgoodfor on Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:53 pm

And, sadly, he's probably one of our 5 most exciting minor leaguers. You know, since Dipoto gave the other interesting minor leaguers away to other teams for nothing in return...

Well, he got money for Thyago. Unfortunately, he probably won't spend that on anybody more useful than Thyago may have been..

Postby rockycola on Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:13 pm

I am still so disappointed in Filia.

In my little fantasy world I envisioned Eric to come late to the MLB party, a la Edgar, play a decent if average corner outfield spot or part time 1B, then win a batting title or three. Not expecting power but to get a fair amount of walks and doubles with a high OBP. Do this as a 6 or 7 hole hitter, get a bunch of RBI's (75-80). Doesn't need a large SLG% but maybe develop 12-15 HR power. That would make him...........useful.

Sounds like he's still making some poor life choices. I'm not going to speculate whether or not he was toking or enhancing or stimulating or amphetamining, that is his cross to bear.

I totally agree that if he was cannabissing he should be not penalized. Soooooooooooo many studies have shown that alcohol can be more harmful and/or dangerous and/or impairing than pot. However, alcohol (which I do like in moderation), has a gigantic $$$ and lobbying support history that it is perfectly acceptable, unless one is caught for a DIY, an accident, etc. That, to me, is totally unfair and an unacceptable 2-way standard.

Go-Eric-Go, please get it together and become my hero (but you could never replace my Rocky, nobody could).

Postby Auburn Terry on Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:46 pm

I was totally stoked about him myself Rocky. He's the reason I went to watch the fall league last year. Plus the fact that his teammate, Jordan Cowan (from Kent, WA) was over the moon about him, saying he's the best hitter he had ever seen... (and he was on a team with Kyle Lewis and Rizzo). Ah well, just another footnote in the long history of World Series futility for this team.... you have to have a lot of things come together to be so bad so long....

Postby Hy Feiber on Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:18 pm

I expect Iwakuma to go on the DL after 1 pitch, and Paxton to get hit in the head with a Giancarlo Stanton liner, going on the DL for 3 months, after going 5-0 with a 1.50 era.

Postby D-Trains on Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:23 pm

Hy Feiber wrote:I expect Iwakuma to go on the DL after 1 pitch, and Paxton to get hit in the head with a Giancarlo Stanton liner, going on the DL for 3 months, after going 5-0 with a 1.50 era.

Iwak will be on the DL until at least June and likely forever. The over under on pitches thrown for the rest of his career is indeed likely 1.

dt

Postby mikeyb12 on Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:13 pm

Coeur d Alene J wrote:I'm surprised every player on this team is not abusing drugs.....

It's got to help escape the reality of being a Mariner

I think the GM is hallucinating with those funny mushrooms......

Previous

Return to Mariners