Advertising

Former MLB pitcher arrested for free enterprise

Postby Auburn Terry on Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:41 pm

Journeyman starting pitcher Esteban Loaiza was arrested Friday here in San Diego with over 20 kilograms of cocaine and/or heroin. Esteban played for the Yankees, White Sox and other teams.... he was the 2nd highest winning Mexican pitcher in the MLB behind Fernando Valenzuela
Don't know what prices are today on the street for cocaine, but in the late 70's one kilo of cocaine, uncut would wholesale out to local dealers for between 50-75,000/ Key. So Esteban was holding over a million dollars of wholesale cocaine with a street value exponentially higher on the gram level. Guy made $43 million as a pitcher, but things must be tough now that he's no longer actively pitching.

Re: Former MLB pitcher arrested for free enterprise

Postby Moe Gibbs on Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:41 pm

If I knew the cops were on to me, I'd at least try to snort a couple grams of that stuff to take a couple hours off my prison sentence.... 8)

This Drug Trivia Update is from a 2015 report...

"If you look at the raw ingredients in a country like Colombia, to make a kilo of pure cocaine, you need about a ton of fresh coca leaf. It then gets dried out, it weighs a bit less, but that ton of leaf to start with costs only about $400 or $500 in Colombia," Tom Wainwright, the former Mexico City reporter for The Economist and author of "Narconomics," told Business Insider earlier this year. In comparison, a kilo of cocaine can retail for as much as $150,000 in the US.

I have no real idea how much space a ton of green leaves takes up, but I'll bet a heaping pickup truck load [just over the top of the sides] would only hold 250 pounds if that. Just for a wild guess it would take 8 pick up truck loads to equal a ton.....that's a lot of hand picked leaves for only $500. A kilo of coke looks like it's about as big as an adobe brick.
The most engenius thing I ever heard of is how these drugs can be soaked into leather to make them practically vanish, then once they reach their final destination the leather can be rinsed of the drug. I just watched an episode of "Locked Up Abroad" to learn of that.

Postby Don Gorgon on Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:04 am

didn't want to bother with a thread but thought this thing about Manziel was interesting, he is right its about self-medication. The only issue I have is his dream of making it back to the NFL, i think it could be more beneficial for him to just move on from football, get on with his life

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/johnny-manzie ... ities.html

Postby WallaWallaDawg on Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:21 am

I have no real idea how much space a ton of green leaves takes up

Probably if you don't bale it.
I can tell you that it takes 22-25 'small bales' of grass [and wild weeds] to make a ton depending on how tight you have your baler set. I'd imagine it would be similar.

And 22-25 small bales of hay is a full pick-up load stacked just over the cab.

The large bales you see now, it would be (I believe) 3-4 bales to equal a ton.

-Just so we have a little comparison-

Postby Oso Dorado on Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:06 am

Auburn Terry wrote:Journeyman starting pitcher Esteban Loaiza was arrested Friday here in San Diego with over 20 kilograms of cocaine and/or heroin. Esteban played for the Yankees, White Sox and other teams.... he was the 2nd highest winning Mexican pitcher in the MLB behind Fernando Valenzuela

Fernando got a day job, doing Spanish language broadcasts for the Dodgers. Probably a better career path, even if it isn't quite so lucrative.

Return to Mariners