Advertising

Re: More proof of a Mariner Curse

Postby D-Trains on Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:23 pm

Looks like the curse extends to the weather. Looks like it is going to be pretty lame when we are down there from the 22nd-26th :? :( :evil:

Could even have rain out on the 25th.

https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/USAZ0162:1:US

Postby D-Trains on Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:40 pm

The curse now seems to be expanding to D-train's crib. For two days I have been trying to revive my dead shaver. Charging it for hours, taking it apart, putting it back together shaking it and it never made a sound. Finally broke down and went and bought a new one. Got home picked up the old one and tossed it the waste basket. When it hit the bottom of the basket it turned on and is now working like a charm. :|
Last edited by D-Trains on Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Moe Gibbs on Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:48 pm

D-Trains wrote:The curse now seems to be expanding to D-train's crib. For two days I have been trying to revive my dead shaver. Charging it for hours, taking it about, putting it back together shaking it and it never made a sound. Finally broke down and went and bought a new one. Got home picked up the old one and tossed it the waste basket. When it it the bottom of the basket it turned on and is now working like a charm. :|

The Army spends lots of money and time training their 2 way radio repairmen, plus they have a shop full of oscilloscopes, wattage output meters, and other highly specialized test equipment.
They most productive technicians still rely on the old "Arthur Fonzarelli" method of troubleshooting, which is to slam the radio on the workbench until it starts working again...... 8)

Postby maoling on Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:04 pm

D-Trains wrote:The curse now seems to be expanding to D-train's crib. For two days I have been trying to revive my dead shaver. Charging it for hours, taking it about, putting it back together shaking it and it never made a sound. Finally broke down and went and bought a new one. Got home picked up the old one and tossed it the waste basket. When it it the bottom of the basket it turned on and is now working like a charm. :|

We can continue to talk about your shaver today, but I'd appreciate it if you would post more videos of naked surfer babes instead. It's even more compelling than thinking about the 88 ways the Mariners are going to break our hearts this season. :D

41 years in and I can't think of another year when I had less mojo about our chances. Some of the comments from Stanton and Dipoto (more lip service, spin and obfuscation) have really soured me on the new regime. This FO should be pulling out all the stops to put a winner on the field and give their fans a feckin' break. Instead we get "Well, sure we could sign a better pitcher, but would that help us in the long run?" and "We'll win more if attendance is better."

Sorry for the rant. This is hard to take. More hotties, please.

Postby Rooosevelt on Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:09 pm

maoling wrote:Feckin' curses. Safeco must be built on old tribal burial ground or something. Maybe the Kingdome was as well. Voodoo Doctor, Shaman, Exorcist, Native American Spirit Man...bring them in and drive out the demons.

Meanwhile, women's curling is in full swing. Kaitlyn Lawes of Canada is a babe.

http://static1.squarespace.com/static/5 ... 154878594/

Try something!

Time to put to rest the tribal burial contention. The stadium was built on something akin to a tidal flat.

Postby D-Trains on Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:15 pm

Rooosevelt wrote:
maoling wrote:Feckin' curses. Safeco must be built on old tribal burial ground or something. Maybe the Kingdome was as well. Voodoo Doctor, Shaman, Exorcist, Native American Spirit Man...bring them in and drive out the demons.

Meanwhile, women's curling is in full swing. Kaitlyn Lawes of Canada is a babe.

http://static1.squarespace.com/static/5 ... 154878594/

Try something!

Time to put to rest the tribal burial contention. The stadium was built on something akin to a tidal flat.

Maybe and ancient sacred Sand dollar burial ground.

dt

Postby seattlefan-dabronx on Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:11 am

http://mlb.nbcsports.com/2018/02/15/mar ... d-surgery/

Glaring holes...starting pitching...and now first base. Seriously bewitched or something. They say healy was hurt working out in the offseason? Dipoto has to get Lucas Duda. One year 6 million.

Postby WARwhatisitgoodfor on Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:22 pm

Anybody remember watching Felix hitting 89mph the past couple years and wondering if his balls were still in his wife's purse that Carols Peguero stole?

Postby seattlesports1 on Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:50 pm

Another curse. Pathetic gm hire over and over.

Postby r.g. on Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:33 pm

Every year at this time, I get excited about the M's. "This could/will be their year" I tell myself. But for some, odd, unexplained reason that I do not know, I just do not have any faith in them. It is almost like waiting for Xmas, and you know exactly what you want as a kid; you see the present underneath the tree and it is exactly the size, shape, form of what you asked for and you know it is "the one". Then, your older brother tells you its nothing more than a pair of pants and a sweater. After knowing that, Xmas morning just isnt something you are looking forward to like you thought.

But then again, every year I say this is their year and nothing happens. Maybe this is reverse psychology, where I dont expect much and they do well. :shock: :shock: :shock:

PreviousNext

Return to Mariners